Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Players signed, retained, left the club

4 hours ago, Curtis said:

So, have we now signed:-

Josh Jackman

Dan Bayliss

Scott Davies

Gary Abisogun

Leon Chambers-Perillon

Gabe George

Jeanmal Prosper

Nathan Minhas

Slavi Spasov

David Ogbonna 

John Gilbert

Sam Evans

John Ufuah

Dan Roth

Hugo Sobte

Ollie Spicer

Are we still looking at 1 or 2 centre-backs & a goalkeeper? Let’s hope Matt Lench makes a decision before all the budget is committed.

Obviously not all signed but if not signed they've committed to us for the season

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Curtis said:

Another new signing…. previous Academy 23 player Dan Roth a midfielder.

Details received from app push notification.

Never seen him play.

Apparently did well at Beaconsfield towards the back end of last season and at Binfield before that.

Edited by Reading Rebel

19 hours ago, Scott Davies said:

It’s really difficult to give updates regarding players. If you do that then it makes other clubs aware of the situation with players at that present time. There’s absolutely zero benefit to doing that whatsoever! 

If we do that then sometimes it just allows other clubs to get their offers into players who have yet to commit. Sometimes clubs will just assume that they’ve stayed at the club as nothing else has been said.

However, having said all of that, it’s looking positive re Lenchy 👍🏼

So reading between the lines, Scott, you're holding back on announcing the quality NL, NLS. NLN experienced players you have coming into our new squad. 😅

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, 3spirit said:

So reading between the lines, Scott, you're holding back on announcing the quality NL, NLS. NLN experienced players you have coming into our new squad. 😅

I just read it as once players have committed or signed they will be announced.

I can see the point of not giving updates before they've decided, whether that's regarding new or existing players. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

56 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

I just read it as once players have committed or signed they will be announced.

I can see the point of not giving updates before they've decided what they want to do whether that's regarding new or existing players. 

Unless Lench is on contract, any club/manager could speak with him. Obviously the polite professional way is to go through the club first but we all know that doesn’t always happen.

Posted (edited)
On 06/06/2024 at 14:48, GlenSTFC said:

Unless Lench is on contract, any club/manager could speak with him. Obviously the polite professional way is to go through the club first but we all know that doesn’t always happen.

I don't know for certain but I'm pretty sure Matt Lench is not on a contract.

Edited by Reading Rebel

Posted (edited)

It's excellent news and testament to Scott's hard work that we've made 4 new signings but I find it odd that not one of them is a defender or a goalkeeper.

To my mind after the loss of 3 players strengthening our defence was our top priority but it also seems to be proving the most difficult.

Edited by Reading Rebel

11 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Never seen him play.

Apparently did well at Beaconsfield towards the back end of last season and at Binfield before that.

Saw him play a few times for Beaconsfield last season. Decent player and I think he brings a good match to the players we have in midfield currently.

3 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Fantastic news, we've signed a keeper

2 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

Going by the clues it is the keeper I initially thought it was. 

Have I missed something? Where has this been said, & what are the clues?

For those like me that hadn’t seen it, from the Maidenhead Advertiser:-

“We’ve signed a goalkeeper this week, but we need to get the announcement done. The player is on his way back from his honeymoon. That’s good. But we’re probably still short in a couple of areas defensively. So, we are looking, but at the moment it’s quite difficult because a lot of the players are still on holiday. I plan to meet up with a couple of players when they arrive back in the country next week.”

Full article here:-

https://www.maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk/gallery/football/196903/summer-rebuild-is-in-full-swing-and-davies-is-confident-slough-town-will-be-competitive.html

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Read it on the players X account. Don’t worry he shall be revealed next week!

I'm pretty sure it's not the keeper I thought it was unless he's divorced and re-married 😅

Edited by Reading Rebel