Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Projections - 2024/25

On 21/05/2024 at 10:00, Rhodes said:

I see that Burton Park Wanderers have unfortunately been relegated to Step 7 level and will compete in the Northamptonshire Combination League Premier Division. I gather, similar to the SSML Division Two, the top five Club's are eligible for promotion to Step 6 so hopefully the Club can bounce straight back next season:

image.jpeg.a32877f6458a141ea97badb1ee1976a7.jpeg

I do hope so, but of course you do have big brother sharing with you which can lead to all kinds of problems, let's hope not

2 hours ago, Old Grumpy said:

Will this have any effect on the groundshare with Kettering Town

Old Grumpy - Welcome to the Forum, I gather that Kettering Town Football Club has recently been sold by Ritchie Jeune to new owner Nadim Akhtar so I guess it remains to be seen whether Burton Park Wanderers are able to continue to groundshare at Latimer Park. 

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Old Grumpy - Welcome to the Forum, I gather that Kettering Town Football Club has recently been sold by Ritchie Jeune to new owner Nadim Akhtar so I guess it remains to be seen whether Burton Park Wanderers are able to continue to groundshare at Latimer Park. 

Surely Burton Park Wanderers are the landlords and Kettering Town the tenants?

Cruz - Yes, sorry, I've taken this extract from another Forum which contains a listing of all, or most, Non League groundshare agreements between Club's, you're right however it's irrelevant to the SSML now as Burton Park Wanderers are no longer members:

Landlord/Tenant

Team Ground Landlord or Tenant Groundshare with

AFC Rushden & Diamonds Hayden Road Sports Ground Tenant Rushden & Higham United
Rushden & Higham United Hayden Road Sports Ground Landlord AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Kettering Town Latimer Park Tenant Burton Park Wanderers
Burton Park Wanderers Latimer Park Landlord Kettering

2 hours ago, Cruz said:

Surely Burton Park Wanderers are the landlords and Kettering Town the tenants?

That is correct but I would point out some recent post regarding another groundshare with the tail trying to wag the dog.

36 minutes ago, Old Grumpy said:

That is correct but I would point out some recent post regarding another groundshare with the tail trying to wag the dog.

Old Grumpy - Yes, that is involving Rushden & Higham United isn't it and their groundshare at Hayden Road with AFC Rushden & Diamonds, Chairman Aidy Mann doesn't suffer fools gladly does he:

439953051_335857729522282_5237412413297698466_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p403x403&_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=qQDP2VbV5X4Q7kNvgHTwsKk&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr6-2.xx&oh=00_AYCcI_YNtOYXqR1RKovbNohWF17JEfOE3IJr-o_ZimCY3w&oe=665680B2441728010_335857732855615_634112146569674002_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p403x403&_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=v7TTYIfj324Q7kNvgHHIkra&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-2.xx&oh=00_AYC4UTx3BgX6fRRSvqAzwqT5-FrCWdb0tA1zzSjkrrNPew&oe=665689E0441911025_335857709522284_8554677065870051273_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=B6JvwoWArF0Q7kNvgEa6e-x&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=00_AYAbSpHs2TlWZqYLWoCbSTiWI3SAwBjb3LHu8gUFl4zRBg&oe=66567F06

A colourful graphic produced by Crawley Green, of the eighteen Club's participating in the SSML Premier Division next season:

• 2 weeks later...

Some worrying news about FC Romania from various sources including on another Forum:

FC Romania are on the verge of folding unless they secure a new investor.

They almost folded a couple of seasons ago IIRC, and were saved by a last minute investor. Another case of a club struggling with no ground of their own and pretty low gates, much like New Salamis and St Panteleimon.

• 2 weeks later...

Huntingdon Town Under 23's will play in Division 2 of the SSML this coming season:

Huntingdon Town FC Under-23 Squad Joins Spartan South Midlands Division 2 for 2024/25 Season – Huntingdon Town F.C.

• 2 weeks later...

Padbury Village will play in Division 2 of the SSML this coming season following their promotion from the North Bucks & District League, Premier Division:

2024/5 SSMFL,D2: Padbury Village preparing for a new era for the club - Sports Shots

Posted (edited)

The Division Two Club's for the 2024/25 campaign have been confirmed following the SSML Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Saturday 22 June:

2024/5 Spartan South Midlands League - Division 2 structure - Sports Shots

The Cold End

ASTON CLINTON, BOVINGDON, CADDINGTON AFC, CODICOTE, EYNESBURY UNITED, HUNTINGDON TOWN UNDER 23, MILTON KEYNES COLLEGE FOOTBALL ACADEMY, MILTON KEYNES IRISH RESERVES, NEW BRADWELL ST PETER, NEWPORT PAGNELL TOWN DEVELOPMENT, OLD BRADWELL UNITED, PADBURY VILLAGE, PITSTONE & IVINGHOE, SARRATT, STONY STRATFORD TOWN, THE 61 FC (LUTON), TOTTERNHOE, TRING CORINTHIANS AFC

Edited by Rhodes