Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Eastbourne Borough

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

Looking forward to this game and hearing our squad details.

Eastbourne are top in the NLS form guide with 6 wins from 6.

Slough are 18th with 1 win from the last 6 games.

And one of Eastbournes 6 wins was against Dorking  when they scored 3!  Just the sort of game we'll  win!

2 hours ago, Irishadrian said:

And one of Eastbournes 6 wins was against Dorking  when they scored 3!  Just the sort of game we'll  win!

3 wins from their last 15 National League South matches for Rebels since that emphatic 4-1 victory over Hampton & Richmond Borough on 28th December.

I would be delighted with a top performance tomorrow and 3 points.

How many points will Chippenham Town, Concord Rangers, Dulwich Hamlet, Hampton & Richmond Borough, Havant & Waterlooville, Hemel Hempstead Town, Hungerford Town and St Albans City drop tomorrow between them? My estimate is 12!

We've still got Leon Chambers-Parillon on loan from Oxford United who was supposed to be available for last Saturday's game but presumably he's still carrying an injury?

Hopefully we are not paying our share of his wages whilst he's been injured and still hasn't played a minute for us.

Edited by Reading Rebel

Normally we'd  be bemoaning the loss of 2 more home points but after Dorking that has to be considered a great performance with maximum effort all round .The Eastbourne managers post match thoughts are already on their twitter page and he believes that the result was fair full of praise for our managers and the type of teams they put together.

On 08/04/2022 at 20:07, Reading Rebel said:

We've still got Lean Chambers-Parillon on loan from Oxford United who was supposed to be available for last Saturday's game but presumably he's still carrying an injury?

Hopefully we are not paying our share of his wages whilst he's been injured and still hasn't played a minute for us.

We are not, and hope to have both him Tyler and Josh available for Friday.

Yes RR nothing improves gates like success  as their performances improved so did support Their last five home games have all attracted 1000+ gates  1800v Maidstone  Their best home gate in the early months was the 805 that watched the Rebels

Edited by Irishadrian

10 hours ago, Rebellier said:

MOTM anyone?

I would give it to either Togs or Edon.

I couldn't make the game yesterday. How did young Joe Dandy get on this week, Rebellier? While he had a baptism of fire and made a few mistakes in his first home match, I thought he looked promising.

I would have liked to have seen him against Eastbourne. Fair play to Bakes and Unders for starting him from the off, when they could have easily plumped for Sean Fraser at right back.    

On 08/04/2022 at 15:36, Shredding Green said:

3 wins from their last 15 National League South matches for Rebels since that emphatic 4-1 victory over Hampton & Richmond Borough on 28th December.

I would be delighted with a top performance tomorrow and 3 points.

How many points will Chippenham Town, Concord Rangers, Dulwich Hamlet, Hampton & Richmond Borough, Havant & Waterlooville, Hemel Hempstead Town, Hungerford Town and St Albans City drop tomorrow between them? My estimate is 12!

1 point short - they dropped 11 between them. WIth 6 rounds of matches left, Havant & Waterlooville, Hungerford Town and St Albans City are each 7 points clear of Rebels. Such a shame that Rebelhave dropped 12 points in their last 5 matches!

My favourite for the last play-offs spot is Havant & Waterlooville but their remaining fixtures include Eastbourne Borough, Hampton & Richmond Borough and Chippenham Town at home and Hemel Hempstead Town away.

I stick to my view that if Rebelattendances were double what they are that they would only be modest. Yesterday, a fantastic match in a town of 165,000 + population before 551 ... 1,102 would have been modest!!!

Edited by Shredding Green

1 hour ago, 3spirit said:

I couldn't make the game yesterday. How did young Joe Dandy get on this week, Rebellier? While he had a baptism of fire and made a few mistakes in his first home match, I thought he looked promising.

I would have liked to have seen him against Eastbourne. Fair play to Bakes and Unders for starting him from the off, when they could have easily plumped for Sean Fraser at right back.    

Joe had a solid game in my opinion.  He looked good on the ball, and is a bit of a dish according to my wife...

2 hours ago, Shredding Green said:

1 point short - they dropped 11 between them. WIth 6 rounds of matches left, Havant & Waterlooville, Hungerford Town and St Albans City are each 7 points clear of Rebels. Such a shame that Rebelhave dropped 12 points in their last 5 matches!

My favourite for the last play-offs spot is Havant & Waterlooville but their remaining fixtures include Eastbourne Borough, Hampton & Richmond Borough and Chippenham Town at home and Hemel Hempstead Town away.

I stick to my view that if Rebelattendances were double what they are that they would only be modest. Yesterday, a fantastic match in a town of 165,000 + population before 551 ... 1,102 would have been modest!!!

You're looking at things in black and white Shredding.

Yes, for a population of 165,000+ an attendance of either 551 or 1,102 is modest to say the least but it's been pointed out before that you've got to consider the demographics of Slough which has changed beyond recognition over the years.

You've now got to add in the fact that people are going to feel the pinch financially and unless you're a loyal/die hard supporter prioritizing where people spend their money will also play a part in our attendance figures.

For Slough to get a decent attendance we've either got to be successful in the league or cup or be playing an important game whether it's a cup or league game.

In pre season against an Arsenal XI there were 1,348 in attendance which shows if the interest is there people will turn up.

Edited by Reading Rebel

Back to the game.

For the first 20 minutes a neutral supporter would have thought we were the side towards the top of the division and not Eastbourne.

We were playing some excellent stuff and appropriately took the lead with a well taken goal from Alfie Anderson. 

Unfortunately this was the signal for us to start sitting off the Eastbourne players allowing them more time and space to get a grip on the game and put us on the back foot.

Again the two goals we conceded were poorly defended.

Second half was fairly even with our eventual equalizer earning us a deserved point from the game. 

If I was an opposing team I think I would prefer to avoid Eastbourne in the play-offs.

With young mobile players who can score goals they do look a dangerous side to play against. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

On 10/04/2022 at 10:44, Rebellier said:

Joe had a solid game in my opinion.  He looked good on the ball, and is a bit of a dish according to my wife...

I'm glad he had a solid game,it will do his confidence the world of good. Let's hope he can go on in leaps and bounds from here.

Also provides your wife with 'eye candy',  since Guy Hollis's departure, I think the ladies have only been dreaming ! ha ha!

5 minutes ago, 3spirit said:

I'm glad he had a solid game,it will do his confidence the world of good. Let's hope he can go on in leaps and bounds from here.

Also provides your wife with 'eye candy',  since Guy Hollis's departure, I think the ladies have only been dreaming ! ha ha!

Although Joe Dandy can play at full back his favoured position is at center back so possibly we won't see the best of him until he starts in that position.

I reckon he'll be given the chance once any thoughts of relegation are out of the equation.