Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedford FC

Posted (edited)
On 02/08/2024 at 14:36, Rhodes said:

Real Bedford Ladies impressively triumphed 3-0 over a strong FA Women's National League Southern Premier Division Watford Ladies side on Wednesday evening at Watford's training facilities in St Albans and, disappointingly, not as expected at Vicarage Road. Following the cancellation of the fixture with AFC Wimbledon Ladies on Sunday (4 August) Charlie Bill's Ladies will now make the trip to Motspur Park in London to meet London & South East Women's Regional League Premier Division Fulham Ladies again who clearly enjoyed their visit to McMullen Park two weeks ago, on Sunday 21 July, in order to cordially invite the Ladies to their state of the art facilities (pictured) where the Club's Premier Division Men's team are put through their paces and train, kick off is at 2.30pm and it is free admission

At least there were no difficulties for Real Bedford Ladies yesterday afternoon as they came away from salubrious Motspur Park with a 2-0 victory over London & South East Women's Regional League Premier Division Fulham Ladies in the latest pre-season friendly fixture. Fulham supremo Steve Jaye was hugely complimentary about the Ladies who deserved their win ahead of next Sunday's (11 August) interesting visit to the Midlands where they take on FA Women's National League Northern Premier Division West Bromwich Albion Ladies at Redditch FC, the final friendly before the 2024/25 FA Women's National League Division One South East campaign begins in earnest with Ashford Town (Middlesex) Ladies visiting the Ledger Stadium on Sunday 18 August:

https://x.com/i/status/1820159322187313384

Edited by Rhodes

On 03/08/2024 at 06:22, Rhodes said:

RallyInRaleigh - I guess you will be on tenterhooks today at 10.00am your time, you're five hours behind us here aren't you, as I said earlier the draw could have been far worse, away to another Step 4 Club for example, however it still won't be a cake walk as United Counties League Premier Division South St Neots Town won't just turn up at the Ledger Stadium and lay down, they reached the Play-Off Semi Final last season and only lost 7-6 on penalties away from home:

Yes, a tough was to start my morning! Alas, no magic run this season but we turn attention towards the league campaign and hopefully another promotion! Credit to St. Neots, they were clearly more than up for the match. 

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

Yes, a tough was to start my morning! Alas, no magic run this season but we turn attention towards the league campaign and hopefully another promotion! Credit to St. Neots, they were clearly more than up for the match. 

RallyInRaleigh - Yes, the result was an initial shock on Saturday however 'onwards and upwards' and it could well end up being a blessing in disguise so the Club can concentrate on promotion to the next level which is the priority. Rob Sinclair's men still have the FA Trophy at Walthamstow on Saturday 7 September, the Bedfordshire FA Senior Challenge Cup at home to Potton United on Tuesday 22 October and the Southern League Challenge Cup which hasn't been drawn yet so, as was the case last season, all those Cup ties will be a big distraction won't they particularly if it's another bad winter weather wise, not to mention injuries to key players. What surprised me, even more than the shock defeat to St Neots Town on Saturday, was that LondonEagle didn't come on at 4.50pm our time to gloat.

Edited by Rhodes

Posted (edited)

Some very sad, and somewhat surprising, news to report folks, Will Roberts (pictured with Mr McCormack) has decided to leave the Club for pastures new in order to further his flourishing media, communication and journalism career. Best wishes for the future Will:

No alternative text description for this image

Edited by Rhodes

Real Bedford have been drawn at home against Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division Potton United in the Bedfordshire FA Senior Challenge Cup First Round, the tie takes place on Tuesday 22 October, it wasn't to be Bedford Town then who have been drawn away to Biggleswade Town so it is unlikely that the Club's will meet later in the competition:

Senior Challenge Cup | Bedfordshire FA County Cups (thefa.com)

image.jpeg.b4a3bf113d932512a09cb036ef9c33b9.jpeg

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Real Bedford have been drawn at home against Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division Potton United in the Bedfordshire FA Senior Challenge Cup First Round, the tie takes place on Tuesday 22 October, it wasn't to be Bedford Town then who have been drawn away to Biggleswade Town so it is unlikely that the Club's will meet later in the competition:

Senior Challenge Cup | Bedfordshire FA County Cups (thefa.com)

image.jpeg.b4a3bf113d932512a09cb036ef9c33b9.jpeg

Sign me up for the semi final showdown!

21 minutes ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

Sign me up for the semi final showdown!

RallyInRaleigh - I understand that a home tie with Luton Town awaits in the Second Round of the competition as I think Luton play all their ties away, irrespective of being drawn at home so that will attract a big crowd to the Ledger Stadium. I guess the meeting with Bedford Town will have to wait another season so long as they aren't relegated again after just one miserable season in the Southern League Premier Division Central, as was the case in 2022/23. 

15 hours ago, Rhodes said:

RallyInRaleigh - I understand that a home tie with Luton Town awaits in the Second Round of the competition as I think Luton play all their ties away, irrespective of being drawn at home so that will attract a big crowd to the Ledger Stadium. I guess the meeting with Bedford Town will have to wait another season so long as they aren't relegated again after just one miserable season in the Southern League Premier Division Central, as was the case in 2022/23. 

You really are a very sad individual, Rhodes. You seem to take it for granted that Real Bedford will be promoted this season, despite them not having played a league game yet and having lost the only competitive game they have played this season to a club a level below. The current Bedford Team side are miles ahead of Real Bedford's level, I imagine they would be very grateful to avoid being drawn against Bedford Town to avoid an embarrassing defeat.      

A little early but lets get ready to rumble for the start of the 2024/24 Southern League Division One Central campaign on Saturday against Hertford Town:

Here we go folks, dates for the respective rounds of the Women's FA Cup for the 2024/25 campaign:

GT-VW4jXcAAz_o8?format=png&name=small

On 07/08/2024 at 11:57, Rhodes said:

A little early but lets get ready to rumble for the start of the 2024/24 Southern League Division One Central campaign on Saturday against Hertford Town

As I said, let's get ready to rumble, there is no news as yet on whether there will be a live stream:

Real Bedford Vs Hertford Town | Real Bedford FC | Running Bitcoin

I must admit that I am very disappointed that it appears the match against Hertford Town will not be shown live for overseas fans. I have been wondering if the Southern League allow live matches to be shown overseas, if not perhaps a matchday radio station would be an option? AFC Rushden & Diamonds have Radio Diamonds.

Cruz - Yes, there doesn't appear to be a live stream this afternoon which is disappointing, the Club were good at keeping fans abreast of live streams taking place or not taking place last season so, as you say, I can only assume that the Southern League don't allow live matches to be shown overseas which would be rather pernickety wouldn't it. Anyway lets get ready to rumble for the start of the League campaign and put last week's shock FA Cup defeat behind us:

Cruz -  Bulletin, there is a live stream this afternoon, the link has just appeared on the Club's website.

On 10/08/2024 at 05:54, Rhodes said:

Cruz - Yes, there doesn't appear to be a live stream this afternoon which is disappointing, the Club were good at keeping fans abreast of live streams taking place or not taking place last season so, as you say, I can only assume that the Southern League don't allow live matches to be shown overseas which would be rather pernickety wouldn't it. Anyway lets get ready to rumble for the start of the League campaign and put last week's shock FA Cup defeat behind us:

I believe the stated intent of the club is to stream all league home matches for both the men and womens teams this season. I think they are punting the chance to stream anything away given the expense and general openness of the opposition. 

Posted (edited)

What a start to the Southern League Division One Central campaign for Rob Sinclair's men with a 2-0 victory over 'seasoned' outfit Hertford Town last Saturday (10 August), see a match report, the match programme and brief highlights from the live stream:

https://www.realbedford.com/news/real-bedford-open-their-league-campaign-with-a-2-0-against-hertford

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/619758344d16e93725c39d0a/t/66b7206944f1d6095d4d6664/1723277427675/The+White+Paper+%2347+-+vs+Hertford+Town.pdf

Edited by Rhodes

Posted (edited)
On 12/07/2024 at 11:16, Rhodes said:

Sunday 11 August v West Bromwich Albion, Away, (kick off 3.00pm)

Real Bedford Ladies had an excellent work out last Sunday afternoon (11 August) against a very good FA Women's National League Northern Premier Division West Bromwich Albion Ladies side, losing 4-2 but giving a great account of themselves. The Ladies now go into their FA Women's National League Division One South East campaign next Sunday (18 August) in fine fettle against a dangerous Ashford Town (Middlesex) Ladies side at the Ledger Stadium, kick off 2.00pm:

RBFC+v+ATFC+-+League+-+Fixture+(Rectangle).png

Edited by Rhodes

Posted (edited)

Let's get ready to rumble, I don't believe there will be a live stream of the fixture this evening:

May be an image of text that says 'TUE 13 13THAUG AUG BARTON ROVERS V REAL BEDFORD 7:45 PM KICK OFF WINTON HAULAGE STADIUM ΕΗΣΝΟΣ.ΠΟΥΕΙΥ VS ba IREN Casa GEMINI CoinCorner Luxor a LEDGER'

Edited by Rhodes

6 points in 2 games? I'll take that start every time. Rhodes or Eagle, anyone have a good sense of who the top contenders in league are shaping up to be?