Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedford FC

A recent interview with Peter McCormack by well known American entrepreneur and investor Anthony Pompliano who hosts the 'Pomp Podcast' channel:

Peter McCormack is the Chairman of Real Bedford, and the host of “What Bitcoin Did” podcast. In this conversation, we talk Peter buying Real Bedford men’s team and plugging it into the bitcoin network, his plan to make the Premier League, raising capital, sponsors, merchandise, treasury management, bitcoin market cycles, women’s team, opening a bar, building a stadium, investing in the community of Bedford, and potential risks.

Posted (edited)

Six pre-season fixtures have already been confirmed by the Club during July:

Real Bedford Confirm Pre-Season Schedule | Real Bedford FC | Running Bitcoin

Saturday 6 July v Risborough Rangers (Bisham Abbey Sports Centre, 12.00pm)

Tuesday 9 July v St Neots Town (Away, 7.45pm)

Saturday 13 July v Kettering Town (Home, 3.00pm)

Saturday 20 July v Harborough Town (Away, 3.00pm)

Tuesday 23 July v Newport Pagnell Town (Away, 7.45pm)

Saturday 27 July v Royston Town (Home, 3.00pm)

Edited by Rhodes

On 28/05/2024 at 18:07, LondonEagle said:

Hitchin Town have been reprieved from relegation from Southern Premier Central after Coalville Town's sad demise last week. The knock-on effect is Division One Central will run with 1 club short next year ie no reprieve for Kempston. So 2 fewer games for Real, biut one of the title favourites also removed from the equation

LondonEagle - Did you see the letter in the Non League Paper yesterday about Hitchin Town's reprieve entitled 'Hitchin's Step 3 reprieve is unjust', I couldn't agree with it more:

As a fan of Non League in general I really feel that Hitchin Town to be reprieved as a consequence of Coalville's resignation from the Southern League Premier Central is ridiculous. The Canaries have been saved after obtaining 39 points from 40 games, yet Beaconsfield Town, in Premier South, attained 48 from 42. All that needs to happen is Gloucester City moving into the Central allowing Beaconsfield back into the South and ensuring justice is done.

Posted (edited)

It's interesting to see Real Bedford's Wikipedia page, meticulously up to date with every i dotted and t crossed including a shiny Club badge, home and away Club colours and Rob Sinclair down as Manager with a link to Rob's very own Wikipedia page. In the 'bad old days', prior to Peter McCormack coming on board at McMullen Park, that would have been unheard of:

Real Bedford F.C. - Wikipedia

Edited by Rhodes

4 hours ago, Rhodes said:

LondonEagle - Did you see the letter in the Non League Paper yesterday about Hitchin Town's reprieve entitled 'Hitchin's Step 3 reprieve is unjust', I couldn't agree with it more:

As a fan of Non League in general I really feel that Hitchin Town to be reprieved as a consequence of Coalville's resignation from the Southern League Premier Central is ridiculous. The Canaries have been saved after obtaining 39 points from 40 games, yet Beaconsfield Town, in Premier South, attained 48 from 42. All that needs to happen is Gloucester City moving into the Central allowing Beaconsfield back into the South and ensuring justice is done.

Yep, that's what I thought would happen. It seems odd when teams have been promoted before on best Points Per game across leagues at the same step, to do the opposite in this situation.

I see Brett Donnelly the Hitchin Manager even tweeted complaining that the club had spent a month budgeting and planning for Step 4, only to be reprieved at Step 3.

On 27/04/2024 at 13:33, Rhodes said:

I wonder what LondonEagle has to say about this wonderful £10,000 olive branch and bridge building offer made by Mr McCormack to neighbours Bedford Town towards their pitch fund, I assume the Club will grab his arm out of it's socket and work together with Real Bedford in future rather than against them:

In light of us getting our lease extension it’s time to build bridges with our neighbours. I love Bedford and all teams survival is important so we’d like to offer £10,000 towards Bedford Town’s pitch fund

LondonEagle - I've copied the article you helpfully posted for those who can't be bothered to click the link. I assume that Bedford Town gratefully accepted Real Bedford's wonderful and generous offer of £10,000 towards the new 3g pitch, surely it is not going to be ready for the start of the new season which will impact on your 'tenants', Biggleswade FC, too won't it.

'Work has commenced for our new 3G all weather pitch'

BEDFORD TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB are pleased to announce the implementation of a new 3G all weather playing surface at the Eyrie stadium for the season 2024/25 .

After 18 months of discussions and confirmation in January 2024 for planning consent the club can confirm that contracts have been signed with PST Sport to lay a cushioned 45mm playing surface. Due to our participation in the play offs we had to delay this by 2 weeks but we are delighted to say that works are due to start imminently. There may be a small disruption to the start of our season ( including a pre season schedule away from the Eyrie) due to losing time participating in the league play offs but this is a long term vision and decision.

This development will run in tandem with several other improvements to the facilities including the installation of new LED floodlighting.

As a club in the last 2 years we have keenly studied the models of other clubs higher in the football pyramid to understand how to further develop the club both on and off the field along with creating a model of financial sustainability for the benefit of the clubs supporters and affiliated players over the longer term.

The region in and around the town of Bedford is short on top quality all weather surfaces and this will provide improved revenue streams for the club along with facilities for use by local community and importantly the youth development departments of the club. More information will follow in due course.

Adrian Brown , chairman of the club added, “this is great news for the club and a significant thank you to the owners and investors for making this hugely significant investment into the club. Although all those involved in the running and guardianship of the club thought long and hard about moving away from grass the implementation of this exceptional quality surface will enhance the development of the club and all those affiliated with it , along with providing access to the club for the local community. The certainty a playing surface like this gives on a weekly basis is critical to clubs in the non league pyramid.“

An interesting signing for Real Bedford Ladies in Amber Gaylor, new boss Charlie Bill's first signing since he recently joined the Club from Milton Keynes Dons Ladies. Former Arsenal Youth, London Bees, Millwall Lionesses, Yeovil Town (on loan), Crystal Palace and, most recently, Billericay Town player Amber (pictured) will be a great addition to the playing staff and will already be familiar with McMullen Park having visited this season with Billericay Town in a Women's FA Cup First Round tie in November, scoring two clinical goals and winning player of the match award (see match report):

Amber Gaylor Signs for The Pirates | Real Bedford FC | Running Bitcoin

Amber Gaylor - Wikipedia

Match Report – Real Bedford Ladies v Billericay Town Women | WOMEN'S FOOTBALL EAST (womensfootballeast.com)

Amber Gaylor of Crystal Palace Women during FA Women's Championship between  Crystal Palace Women and Leicester City Women at Hayes Lane Stadium ,  Bromley, UK on 18th October 2020. (Photo by Action

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

LondonEagle - I've copied the article you helpfully posted for those who can't be bothered to click the link. I assume that Bedford Town gratefully accepted Real Bedford's wonderful and generous offer of £10,000 towards the new 3g pitch, surely it is not going to be ready for the start of the new season which will impact on your 'tenants', Biggleswade FC, too won't it.

It's 2 separate projects I believe, Rhodes.

The pitch fund was towards repairing the drainage that has collapsed in one section of the pitch. I assume that work will still need to be done, in addition to the 3G pitch installation.

Pete Mc's offer was for the drainage fund, but no idea if it was accepted or not. The new pitch will be a great community facility for kids, youths and adults in the town.  

In terms of the effect on Bigglewade FC, assume both clubs will just play maybe their first couple of league games away from home.     

Edited by LondonEagle

On 04/06/2024 at 13:14, LondonEagle said:

It's 2 separate projects I believe, Rhodes. The pitch fund was towards repairing the drainage that has collapsed in one section of the pitch. I assume that work will still need to be done, in addition to the 3G pitch installation. Pete Mc's offer was for the drainage fund, but no idea if it was accepted or not. The new pitch will be a great community facility for kids, youths and adults in the town. In terms of the effect on Bigglewade FC, assume both clubs will just play maybe their first couple of league games away from home.     

LondonEagle - Surely Bedford Town would have ripped Mr McCormack's arm out of it's socket, why wouldn't they, it's £10,000.

An interesting so called 'Vlog', if the link works, giving an insight into the 'spellbinding' weekend of Friday 12 and Saturday 13 April, the hugely successful Conference in Bedford and the Tring Athletic match that attracted a barely believable record attendance of 1,031 to McMullen Park:

https://x.com/i/status/1797961499836895419

Follow Peter McCormack and the Real Bedford team through a pivotal week as they prepare for a season defining match and announce Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss $4.5 million investment in the team.

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

LondonEagle - Surely Bedford Town would have ripped Mr McCormack's arm out of it's socket, why wouldn't they, it's £10,000.

For a start, on video above he's calling them a bunch of shithousers again, he's being saying that all season. If he's trying to build bridges, why not just stop releasing videos calling them a shithouse club?

22 hours ago, LondonEagle said:

For a start, on video above he's calling them a bunch of shithousers again, he's being saying that all season. If he's trying to build bridges, why not just stop releasing videos calling them a shithouse club

LondonEagle - If that is the case, and Bedford Town didn't accept Peter McCormack's generous offer of £10,000 towards their pitch fund, I find it incredible, the Club would simply be cutting off their nose to spite their face wouldn't they.

Real Bedford Men's and Ladies team's won the Special Club Recognition Award from the Bedfordshire Football Association (FA) at the Bedfordshire FA's Grassroots Awards event on  Friday 7 June, many congratulations:

Real Bedford Ladies Reserves have been duly accepted into the Eastern Region Women's League for next season (2024/25) having finished third in the Cambridgeshire Women's & Girls League Premier Division last season. I am assuming they will initially play in Division One North before, no doubt, being promoted to the Premier Division for the 2025/26 campaign which the Senior Ladies team ran away with recently, gaining promotion to the Women's National League Division One South East:

This is quite a helpful graphic isn't it, the mileage to away games for next term in the Southern League Division One Central, albeit produced by Barton Rovers which is apparently 13.9 miles from McMullen Park as the crow flies so not a million miles away. The longest trips for Rob Sinclair's men appear to be to Kidlington and North Leigh in rural Oxfordshire:

The whole thing is bizarre. I have thoughts on it but I was wrong when I thought Hashtag would last five minutes so…

Posted (edited)

Just to say there is sad news in that former Bedford Town defender and stalwart Peter Morgan (pictured back row, third from the right) has passed away at the age of 79:

Bedfordoldeagles - 1966/7 -off field rows, on field disasters (google.com)

yqxiQ6HLUVKkqpug_a-J95I9hfxtzNZyaeaw62E714j6CGsNRXClQONyWo9DJYd9OogXCr1_59JhTdtFIo7y0155X_DH5uuBSjF2-rjHpS8=w1280

Edited by Rhodes

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Just to say there is sad news in that former Bedford Town defender and stalwart Peter Morgan (pictured back row, third from the right) has passed away at the age of 79:

Bedfordoldeagles - 1966/7 -off field rows, on field disasters (google.com)

xhFT9VoQTjT6aAqVxXjvB7GjZikz55112VGJYPymqyIqCNC6p-qgAr-lV5FSVdLNmVtIw1bUQO9lDr6CvMolJ7-onIBBsH4FQSeAQWJcRU0=w1280

I remember Peter Morgan playing for Bedford Town at right back signing from QPR and departing for Dartford very sad new 

A nice messege to Peter McCormack from the 'Spartan Talk Podcast' team prior to it sadly 'going out of business' recently, Peter participated in the Podcast's episode seven back in February: