Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedford FC

7 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Not Real Bedford related but an interesting Northamptonshire Football Podcast interview with Leon Lobjoit who has recently linked up again with Lee Bircham at Bedford Town, as well as being dual registerred with United Counties League Premier Division South Daventry Town. I wonder what LondonEagle thinks of Leon's signing at The Eyrie, he has been conspicuous by his absence on here lately with Bedford Town's poor run of form of late and losing the lead in the Southern League Division One Central to North Leigh:

I did explain that I had a family funeral to arrange and then Christmas happened, now am trying to sort out the estate.

So nothing to do with a poor run of form, or I would have posted after the convincing 3-0 win at Kings Langley last Saturday. Thanks for the link though. 

I understand that there will be a precautionary pitch inspection this morning at McMullen Park, it would be very disappointing if the fixture is called off:

Supporters of both clubs are to be informed this game is subject to a morning pitch inspection. All announcements about the match can be found on the website as well as the club’s official social channels.

For those not aware Mr McCormack has sent an open four page letter to Bedford Borough Council and the Mayor, hopefully it is readable on here. The bit that stood out for me was the following on page two, 'we now have been made aware that our facilities are earmarked to be given to Bedford Town FC', I wonder what London Eagle has to say for himself on that:

ImageImage

Letter from Mr McCormack continued:

ImageImage

Edited by Rhodes

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I understand that there will be a precautionary pitch inspection this morning at McMullen Park, it would be very disappointing if the fixture is called off:

Supporters of both clubs are to be informed this game is subject to a morning pitch inspection. All announcements about the match can be found on the website as well as the club’s official social channels.

Very disappointing news that this afternoon's fixture between Real Bedford and Dunstable Town at McMullen Park has been postponed.

Seems crazy to me that a successful businessman like Peter McCormack would spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on developing the facilities at McMullen Park, without first ensuring that he had a lease on the ground behind 2026.

If I was a Real Bedford investor, I'd be a tad miffed that I may have effectively thrown hundreds of thousands of pounds in the bin due to McCormack's lack of business acumen in spending so much money without first ensuring the lease extension was first signed, sealed and delivered.

18 hours ago, LondonEagle said:

Seems crazy to me that a successful businessman like Peter McCormack would spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on developing the facilities at McMullen Park, without first ensuring that he had a lease on the ground behind 2026.

If I was a Real Bedford investor, I'd be a tad miffed that I may have effectively thrown hundreds of thousands of pounds in the bin due to McCormack's lack of business acumen in spending so much money without first ensuring the lease extension was first signed, sealed and delivered.

LondonEagle - Thanks for your views, albeit forthright, I see that the local press have got hold of the story and I see the Mayor, Tom Wootton, has denied all Mr McCormack's allegations:

https://www.bedfordindependent.co.uk/real-bedford-fc-owner-claims-foul-play-in-renewal-of-mcmullen-park-lease/

The Mark Rutherford School allowed Rob Sinclair's men to use their state of the art facilities this afternoon following the disappointing postponement of the fixture with Dunstable Town at nearby McMullen Park. That's what you call collaboration and partnership in Bedford which was partly what Mr McCormack's letter was all about, prior to his arrival at the Club it would have been unheard of and the School would have no doubt told Bedford FC, under their previous Chairman, where to go:

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

The Mark Rutherford School allowed Rob Sinclair's men to use their state of the art facilities this afternoon following the disappointing postponement of the fixture with Dunstable Town at nearby McMullen Park. That's what you call collaboration and partnership in Bedford which was partly what Mr McCormack's letter was all about, prior to his arrival at the Club it would have been unheard of and the School would have no doubt told Bedford FC, under their previous Chairman, where to go:

That's my old school but we didn't have facilities like that when I was there!

I wonder if Peter McCormack is speaking to Kempston Rovers about a possible groundshare or merger?  

Good news folks, this afternoon's (Sunday 21 January) Eastern Region Women's League Premier Division fixture with Kings Lynn Town Ladies goes ahead albeit there has been a late venue change for those planning to attend, Swaffham Town FC have kindly agreed to host the game at their nice Shoemakers Lane home, kick off is still at 2.00pm:

I am assuming Real Bedford Ladies 'went easy' on Kings Lynn Town Ladies this afternoon in their Eastern Region Women's League Premier Division fixture to extend their lead at the top of the table to thirteen points with second place Haringey Borough Ladies not in League action today:

Well done to the ladies.

I wonder how the lease situation will play out?

Obviously has a big impact on them as well. 

All seems to be getting a bit out-of-hand I heard a report of an altercation involving threats at The Eyrie on Saturday involving a Real Bedford club official.  

Edited by LondonEagle

LondonEagle - In his manifesto, which is clearly not worth the paper it is written on, Mayor Tom Wootton stated the following:

There is no way that the Meadow Lane site is suitable to accommodate both clubs if they progress through the leaguea.

People forget that Bedford Town have ambitions to progress through the leagues as well. Their investors are not short of money themselves.

A lot of the comment from people in recent years, most of them with no connection to Bedford, is that Bedford Town should politely step out of the way for Real Bedford to take over football in the town. Now people are angry when they are not doing as they are told.       

The lease issue could have been sorted out before buying the club. it's basic business sense. The only reason he rushed into buying Bedford FC was because Bedford Town had just turned him down. He could probably have bought Kempston Rovers at the time who have a more suitable site which is actually closer to Bedford Railway Station than McMullen Park.  

Edited by LondonEagle

Bedfordshire FA is communicating with representatives from Bedford Borough Council and Real Bedford FC regarding the expiry of the lease period at McMullen Park.

Bedfordshire FA will be working to support both parties with the ongoing discussions and will continue to do so until a final decision is made.

https://www.bedfordshirefa.com/news/2024/jan/22/bedfordshire-fa-statement

Edited by LondonEagle

On 21/01/2024 at 16:18, Rhodes said:

I am assuming Real Bedford Ladies 'went easy' on Kings Lynn Town Ladies this afternoon in their Eastern Region Women's League Premier Division fixture to extend their lead at the top of the table to thirteen points with second place Haringey Borough Ladies not in League action today

The current Eastern Region Women's League Premier Division table:

On 22/01/2024 at 17:31, LondonEagle said:

Bedfordshire FA is communicating with representatives from Bedford Borough Council and Real Bedford FC regarding the expiry of the lease period at McMullen Park. Bedfordshire FA will be working to support both parties with the ongoing discussions and will continue to do so until a final decision is made.

https://www.bedfordshirefa.com/news/2024/jan/22/bedfordshire-fa-statement

LondonEagle - Thanks, that's interesting isn't it that the Bedfordshire FA have become involved. It's laughable that Bedford Borough Council are on a fact finding mission (see below), why don't they just get into bed with Peter McCormack (not literally) and work with him rather than against him:

https://www.bedford.gov.uk/business/invest-bedford/town-centre

Should absolutely work with Real Bedford. Still don't think that McMullen Park is the best site for them in long run.

If they got to say Step 2, parking would become an absolute nightmare, there's no space for away coaches etc. Even Bedford Town struggle with parking on a bgger site when they get crowds of 600. You couldn't cope with regular crowds of 2k at McMullen Park.

They should be allowed to stay there, but even Peter knows it's a poor location for them long-term.  

Edited by LondonEagle

LondonEagle - Thanks, that's an interesting development isn't it, the letter is more legible here. I see that the Mayor's office have replied via Twitter so I wonder whether that's it and Mr Yasin will not be getting a formal response:

Thank you for contacting us, Mr Yasin.
We recognise that sport is an important issue in Bedford Borough, and we’re grateful for your taking an interest.
Bedford Borough Council are continuing to discuss with Real Bedford regarding the lease, and hope to reach an agreement which benefits the club, and the wider community, alike.

Image421910549_809513857649919_2122135681364939659_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p417x417&_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=3635dc&_nc_ohc=_2w_bMEPeGwAX-Nr6sy&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr6-2.xx&oh=00_AfA_Zq7rmjyi-qrIfXrFLQDHyye9FbTOzAw13GEcXs6cMg&oe=65B8A6C7