Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedford FC

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

LondonEagle - I don't believe Bedford Town will have it all their own way in gaining automatic promotion back to Step 3, okay they are currently unbeaten having won eight from ten League games but six of those wins have been against Biggleswade FC, Hadley, Kidlington, Barton Rovers, Welwyn Garden City and Thame United who are all poor sides whereas second place North Leigh are only two points behind having already beaten better sides including Kings Langley 4-1 who Bedford Town struggled against at the Eyrie earlier this month. I still believe they will be playing Real Bedford next season in the Southern League Division One Central.

Maybe. If North Leigh win the league Bedford Town will likely be strong favourites for the play-offs. Your bias towards Real Bedford is quite marked though. Entirely poss MK Irish could win league and Real Bedford could be 2 divisions below Bedford Town. 

I'm not sure that a 1-1 draw against Kings Langley was a struggle either. OK they didn't win but KL relied on a dive to win a pen to get a draw. And Town currently have a huge injury list but are still one of about only 10 sides unbeaten in the league in Top 10 tiers of English football. Whereas North Leigh have lost 2 games.

I see Real Bedford's main sponsor Gemini are being sued for defrauding investors of over 1 billion dollars.  https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2023/attorney-general-james-sues-cryptocurrency-companies-gemini-genesis-and-dcg

Edited by LondonEagle

On 26/10/2023 at 13:40, Rhodes said:

Bulletin folks, Saturday's (28 October) fixture at Crawley Green has been transferred to McMullen Park due to the state of the art Brache facility, that is used by Premier League Luton Town, being unavailable to Crawley Green although it will still be classed as their home fixture, the game will also be live streamed:

https://www.realbedford.com/news/fixture-update-crawley-green-vs-real-bedford

Confirmation that tomorrow's fixture will be played at McMullen Park, see the match programme. I half expected there to be a protest from the likes of Milton Keynes Irish and St Panteleimon asking why the fixture can't be re-arranged or played on a neutral ground as the return fixture on Saturday 23 December will also be played at McMullen Park:

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/files.pitchero.com/clubs/73930/jlSM4pwKTRmS5ArEnmcb_Match Day Programme v Real Bedford 28 October 23.pdf

Up next for the Clarets we are at Home to Real Bedford. The Brache is not available this weekend and Real Bedford have generously given us the opportunity to fulfil the fixture by switching it to McMullen Park, this Game will be classed as a Crawley Green home fixture. Many Thanks.

On 23/10/2023 at 13:50, Rhodes said:

Saturday 11 November 
FA Vase Second Round
Real Bedford v Biggleswade United (kick off 3.00pm)

A little premature I know but let's get ready to rumble:

On 27/10/2023 at 11:25, LondonEagle said:

I see Real Bedford's main sponsor Gemini are being sued for defrauding investors of over 1 billion dollars.  https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2023/attorney-general-james-sues-cryptocurrency-companies-gemini-genesis-and-dcg

LondonEagle - Thanks for this, have you seen any response from Peter McCormack on Gemini's alleged defrauding of investors. I did see that Peter has initiated a large high profile Conference at the Bedford Corn Exchange on Friday 12 and Saturday 13 April next year which cleverly coincides with Real Bedford's final home fixture of the season against Tring Athletic. I wonder whether the SSML Premier Division Championship will already be wrapped up long before then with a final League game still to come the following Saturday at Sawbridgeworth Town and, you never know, an FA Vase Final to look forward to at Wembley Stadium on Sunday 12 May:

https://www.cheatcode.co.uk/venue

Once again apologies to sound like a broken 45 rpm, sorry, 78 rpm record but another excellent weekend all round for the Club under Chairman Peter McCormack's inspirational leadership with Real Bedford winning 3-1 against near neighbours Crawley Green on Saturday in a SSML Premier Division fixture and, then, Real Bedford Ladies beating Needham Market Ladies 3-1 in difficult under foot conditions in a Eastern Region Women´s League Premier Division fixture, also at McMullen Park. Watch this space for further details, the Ladies extended their lead at the summit of the table to eight points following Haringey Borough Ladies last minute 1-0 defeat at Wroxham Ladies yesterday. Francesca Partridge and, who else, Natasha Fensome with a clinical brace got the goals with the tireless Erin Price winning Player of the match and being presented with a bottle of champagne afterwards by no other than Mr Cormack, I wonder how many Chairmen religiously attend their Women's team's fixtures on a Sunday afternoon, no pun intended.

Edited by Rhodes

Here we go folks, a match report and highlights of the livestream from the 4-1 win over Crawley Green at McMullen Park on Saturday in front of a slightly disappointing attendance this time of just 156, perhaps the missing fans hadn't realised that the fixture had been switched, late last week, from Crawley Green's Brache home:

https://www.realbedford.com/news/real-bedford-put-four-past-crawley-green-to-close-the-gap-at-the-top-of-the-league

Edited by Rhodes

And a match report from Real Bedford Ladies 3-1 Eastern Region Women´s League Premier Division win over a good Needham Market Ladies side at McMullen Park yesterday afternoon:

https://www.realbedford.com/news/real-bedford-ladies-continue-perfect-form-at-home

The ladies are absolutely dominating. Definitely intrigued to see what they can do in their FA cup run against stiffer competition because the writing is on the wall in the league, already. 

Men have found a steady rhythm and it appears tomorrow night's game will get streamed which is awesome. Three horse race in the early innings. 

RallyInRaleigh - Yes, let's get ready to rumble:

May be an image of basketball and text that says "SERINN TAN SOUTH S 97 ROOTBALL LEAGUE LEAGUE SPARTAN SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE REAL BEDFORD mm STANSTED FC EST. BLOCK 712003 STANSTED F.C V REAL BEDFORD TUESDAY 31st October KICK OFF 7.45pm Adults £8, Concessions £5, U14s Free Matchday Programme £1 #airportarmy"

https://www.realbedford.com/news/harry-hurst-joins-real-bedford

Interesting news from McMullen Park today. Who wants to take me to school on this particular signing? I wasn't really expecting to see a one month loan pop up at this level of the game but perhaps it's more common than I know?

I have it on good authority that it is Club Chairman Peter McCormack's birthday today (31 October), many happy returns:

'Spooky' goings on last night, no pun intended, at Stansted's Hargrave Park home due to an abandonment for floodlight failure shortly after half time with Stansted leading 2-0 at the time. Disappointing to read all the critical comments from Stansted FC (see below) following the Referees decision to abandon the game:  

Unfortunately the game was abandoned by the Referee at half-time due to a floodlight failure. We were 2-0 down and Stansted deserved their lead, they were the better side in the first half. Apologies to everyone who travelled out for the game. Peter McCormack Chairman.

What have I just witnessed at Stansted v Real Bedford? xxxxxxx fuming!, how can you abandon a game when the lights are coming on. Bedford cheering like they had won the league.

Abandoned just after second half starts as lights went out at one end. Ref abandons it as lights come on with RB Manager in his ear Bedford sprint to the dressing room so he can't change his mind, Football Club's are meant to want to play football.

Abandoned just after halftime. Fact-Lights went off. Referee agreed a delay until 9.15pm. Then at 9.10 insisted lights were tried. Lights on dim and we said needs a few minutes to get going. Ref called game off and lights came on full brightness. Unreal.

They got off the pitch pretty sharp! Ref told everyone he would make decision at 21.15 he blew at 21.13 then lights came on! Absolute joke! Thought the Refs were bad in the Essex Senior League but this League Officials are a different breed!

Also lights don't magically just 'come back on.' He would have known full well there was a sparky working on it and they were about to come back on.

Deservedly 2 up, crappy decision, lights were coming on when called it,should be given the win, played some good ball on a miserable night.

Gotta take everything Mark Stephenson says with a MASSIVE grain of salt. He's a massive Town fan which is obviously ok but Real Bedford live rent free in his head and he's always spouting off nonsense. Who knows--it's an unfortunate situation that can't be undone. Not sure it's Bedfords fault that Stansted couldn't meet the requirements to provide a suitable pitch for play. Just bizarre. I'll take the good fortune and hopefully beat them convincingly in the replay. 

17 hours ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

Not sure it's Bedfords fault that Stansted couldn't meet the requirements to provide a suitable pitch for play. Just bizarre. I'll take the good fortune and hopefully beat them convincingly in the replay. 

RallyInRaleigh - Well no, how could it be Real Bedford's fault however it seems like Stansted are part blaming them. I only hope that the fixture is not re-arranged for after the Tring Athletic home game on Saturday 13 April what with the large Conference that Mr McCormack has painstakingly organised to coincide with that final home game of the season with possibly the SSML Premier Division Championship Shield brought to McMullen Park to be lifted and photographed with.

Real Bedford Ladies have two weeks off from Eastern Region Women´s League Premier Division action and on Sunday (5 November) entertain Division One North Wootton Blue Cross Ladies in a Eastern Region Women´s League Cup Second Round tie, I understand the kick off time is 1.30pm and not 2.00pm. Then of course the following week (Sunday 12 November) the Ladies host Women’s National League Southern Premier Division Billericay Town Ladies in an eagerly awaited Women's FA Cup First Round proper tie which will no doubt attract a large attendance to McMullen Park: 

Edited by Rhodes

I believe there is no problem with the livestream tomorrow from McMullen Park for overseas fans such as RallyInRaleigh in the US and Cruz in Bolivia:

10 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

I believe there is no problem with the livestream tomorrow from McMullen Park for overseas fans such as RallyInRaleigh in the US and Cruz in Bolivia:

Thanks Rhodes, that gives me something to look forward to, instead of watching boring Premier League football. Grassroot football is far more enjoyable.

This is nice isn't it, Real Bedford Ladies join 111 other Club's in the Women's FA Cup First Round proper, is it just coincidence but the badge seems the most prominent and recognisable of the lot in the picture:

No problems again yesterday then for Rob Sinclair's men in difficult playing conditions at McMullen Park:

Saturday 4 November

Premier Division

Real Bedford 5 Arlesey Town 0