Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hornchurch 1-0 Kingstonian

Urchin Boy

Came down the Stadium Of Dreams myself last night as the choice of Tuesday night footie was either Urchins or Pikies...On the balance of it, Urchins have a much nicer bar and bar staff and better ground than the "beach" at Pikey Island (and I would've walked away from that game depressed, given the result).

Overall, I thought the game was a bit of a scrappy affair, The K's doing what they always do, strong and scrappy in defence and midfield with not really a lot up front. They obviously came for the draw, which, in the balance, would've been a fairer result but as soon as Hornchurch scored, I couldn't really seeing The K's getting back on even terms as the Hornchurch defence was tight at well organised. I thought Kerrigan had a good game. As for the goal, I thought that The K's stood rooted to the ground following the free kick and let you score!!! Not a scrappy goal at all. But they all count, however they come.

The ref...? Well, he made some every strange decisions but he wasn't as bad as I have seen this season and didn't really ruin the game. On the balance of it, he did okay. I'm still wondering did anyone get booked for the "fight" in the second half?

I was surprised not to see more people down there but 308 isn't bad for a mid week league game considering where the K's supporters have gotta come from. Having done the journey from Billericay to their gaff on a Tuesday night earlier this season, I wasn't surprised that they were not as well represented as they would've been if the game was played on a Saturday (who the f**k puts the fixture list together is having a laugh!!! He should try some of the journeys on a Tuesday night). It is a crap journey. Then again, was the coach in the car park their teams or supporters? If it was a supporters then there should've been at least 40 of 'em floating about the ground.

It was nice to see a game through the eyes of an neutral and listen to the comments that some of you supporters make...It was a bit like holding a mirror up to ones self...scary.

Still an enjoyable evening and many thanks for Gary Calder for making myself and Andy T welcome in the bar before the game.