Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Leamington

Reading Rebel

Very disappointed with the result but not the performance. It's a simple fact that 2 massive errors cost us yesterday. I thought we were the better team and more than matched them throughout. Ryan Hope really impressed me and from the match report against cirencester, it sounds like he had a good game there too. I would like to take back any negative comments I have made about him in the past. If he could just add that bit of aggression that I think centre midfielders in this league should have, then we could have a decent player on our hands there.

I agree with Graham on how we are divided on Puts (i actually thought he had an ok game). He seemed to pull up quite early in the match with a hamstring/back problem and it looked like it effected him throughout. A couple of Leamington fans (who were probably the biggest positive on the day) said to me that they thought he has been the best winger they have come up against this season over the 2 games and that they would love to see him in a Leamington shirt. ' a real gem of a player' was a quote. The reality is that if he performed like we know he can every week, then he would be playing in the football league, where I personally think he is good enough to play there anway. They couldn't believe when I told them his natural position is centre forward.

I thought Lee Barney looked very lively yesterday and probably deserved a goal for his efforts. He was just let down with that final and decisive touch a couple of times. A very good signing we have made there and I am looking forward to him scoring a lot of goals in a slough shirt.

I thought Warren Harris didn't have the best of games yesterday. He lost the ball in silly places trying to get round people and I think he only put 1 cross in all game.

Dan hicks also gave the ball away too much, dribbling out on a terrible surface is not what you should be doing and I thought it was the right call in swapping him for a centre forward. I'm being a bit over critical but I think overall, he has been superb this season.

I think we are probably 3 or 4 signings away from putting in a real good challenge for the play-offs next season. Not too much should be changed as I think we have some really talented players.

A good post RebelJoe, most of which I agree with.