Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cirencester

Gashimoto

Ha ha actually Lee's was a very good header... on best strikers etc, and having a strike force amongst the best in the league, one thing to highlight is not many people have scored more than us  (granted Charlie got 13 league goals) ,  Poole have scored 5 more than us same games, Biggleswade and Chippenham 4 but both teams played 2 more, Dunstable 2 more and played one more, and finally St Neots 3 more having played 3 more than us.

So attacking wise I think we have been pretty good again this season, and nobody is dramatically outscoring us....

In nearly 3 seasons at Slough I don't think scoring has ever really been an issue, and the 3 we have now (and wingers) will continue in the same vein IMO.

Can't argue with the goals scored this season [or in the past under your management]. This particular season has been a great team effort all round with varying input from players across the team, not just the strikers.

Weirdly our defence have conceded as many goals as we've scored and yet currently I think our defence is the least of our problems.

We have a very good goalkeeper in Mark Scott. Sean Fraser has in the main, had a notable season so far.

Guy Hollis is the first name on the team sheet IMO and Dan Hicks has exceeded all expectations and is proving to be a worthy foil to Guy in the heart of the defence. Adding Paul Stonehouse's quality to our ranks, speaks volumes on where we can finish this season and what we could achieve if we are able to attract him and few such like next term.

While I like your positivity and confidence, Neil, about our current attacking play, it has to be said that Charlie Mpi and Lewis Putman are our top scorers this season.

Scott Harris has weighed in with a credible 10 and Ed Smith with all his injury problems has scored 6 or is it 7? Charlie Strutton scored 6 and George Hallahan our other loanee forward scored 2. Some of these may include cup matches.

I'm hoping Lee Barney will be a success in our team.

Like you Neil I believe our team will get goals but for me the key is Ed Smith staying fit and out of trouble, as he is our link man and brings players into the game.

Charlie is a big miss, however you dress it up. 

A plus point could be Jake Parsons come back as he gives us a creative force in our attacking play,too.      

You never seem to disappoint

I was shocked on how good he was, not because of his height but because I hadn't seen him play before. He could of got more goals

I try my best :D

Can't argue with the goals scored this season [or in the past under your management]. This particular season has been a great team effort all round with varying input from players across the team, not just the strikers.

Weirdly our defence have conceded as many goals as we've scored and yet currently I think our defence is the least of our problems.

We have a very good goalkeeper in Mark Scott. Sean Fraser has in the main, had a notable season so far.

Guy Hollis is the first name on the team sheet IMO and Dan Hicks has exceeded all expectations and is proving to be a worthy foil to Guy in the heart of the defence. Adding Paul Stonehouse's quality to our ranks, speaks volumes on where we can finish this season and what we could achieve if we are able to attract him and few such like next term.

While I like your positivity and confidence, Neil, about our current attacking play, it has to be said that Charlie Mpi and Lewis Putman are our top scorers this season.

Scott Harris has weighed in with a credible 10 and Ed Smith with all his injury problems has scored 6 or is it 7? Charlie Strutton scored 6 and George Hallahan our other loanee forward scored 2. Some of these may include cup matches.

I'm hoping Lee Barney will be a success in our team.

Like you Neil I believe our team will get goals but for me the key is Ed Smith staying fit and out of trouble, as he is our link man and brings players into the game.

Charlie is a big miss, however you dress it up. 

A plus point could be Jake Parsons come back as he gives us a creative force in our attacking play,too.      

For the second season running we have had no problem scoring goals.

Unfortunately for the second season running we are mid table because of the goals we've conceded.

It is strange because Sean, Guy and Mark Scott have been virtually ever present since the start of the season, so answers on a postcard please.

Could it just be that we've hit upon a very good pairing in Hollis and Hicks and very good left backs in Dhillon/Stonehouse?

It would be interesting to know how many goals we've conceded since our defence has been a settled one. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

11 goals came in 2 games, 5 against Biggleswade with a back 4 of Callum Webb, Adam Martin, Guy Hollis and Ryan Parsons, and then Weymouth away where we were severely depleted throughout the side, and started with 3 at the back of Guy Dan and Justin, however changing to 4 4 2 with guy at right back, Sean at left back and Dan and Justin centre halves.

Other than that we have had a few 3's Leamington away (Hicksy and Guy first game together), Poole and Chippenham away, and then Stratford we conceded 4 at home.

For the second season running we have had no problem scoring goals.

Unfortunately for the second season running we are mid table because of the goals we've conceded.

It is strange because Sean, Guy and Mark Scott have been virtually ever present since the start of the season, so answers on a postcard please.

Could it just be that we've hit upon a very good pairing in Hollis and Hicks and very good left backs in Dhillon/Stonehouse?

It would be interesting to know how many goals we've conceded since our defence has been a settled one. 

Missed Jhai Dhillon, my mistake.  Currently Paul Stonehouse is our number one left back IMO but Jhai has played well in the games he has played.

I like Jhai's mobility and his skill factor and that he can play as a wing back or a winger,too.

His only weakness/fault so far, seems to be that he gets penalised for fouls and has been booked a few times because of it but he is still young and to me a valuable member of the squad and worth keeping around.

Bakes or Unders, any news on the new player that we hoped to talk to on Tuesday?

I would say this is very unlikely to happen now.

We have our eyes on 1 or 2 other players but nothing is likely to happen in the next week or so.

With Jake Parsons and Paul Coyne both getting regular games with Ascot now and training very well with us our numbers are a little stronger but it is something we discuss regularly and things may well change a little further down the line.

Edited by Jon Underwood