Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cirencester

Gashimoto

I've not managed to get to the last two away games (which have been very impressive wins) and would be interested to hear what people think has brought about the major change of results.

Looking at line ups, we seem to have had Hope and Webb in central midfield for both matches, has this developed in to a strong pairing?

And Smith is back. In the promotion season there was a phase when if Smith started we were virtually guaranteed three points... is he in that sort of form again?

I've not managed to get to the last two away games (which have been very impressive wins) and would be interested to hear what people think has brought about the major change of results.

Looking at line ups, we seem to have had Hope and Webb in central midfield for both matches, has this developed in to a strong pairing?

And Smith is back. In the promotion season there was a phase when if Smith started we were virtually guaranteed three points... is he in that sort of form again?

Its not a major change of results Mark.... we have been constantly picking up points since October... with a few poor results thrown in.

In fairness game before Bedworth we beat playoff chasing Hitchin didn't we. We are in the top 10 in form table but with the postponements that goes back quite a way.

Think Hope and Webb have done well together considering away games can be tough battles in this league.

Last 2 games we seem to have better success from both wings as well not to say putman or warren Harris have been bad previously far from it.

Neil,

We had had 3 defeats in our last four matches (one on penalties), and three of those four matches had been home matches. To go from that to two away league wins is a major change to me.... I seem to recall you had criticised some of the teams performances in the previous four and praised them in the last two, but you don't think there's been a major improvement?

If so, fair enough, I haven't been at the last two matches.

Let's just say well done..........we are now in the top half of the table and hopefully we can stay there and maybe even go up two or three places in the league.

We have usually backed the managers to get it right even if there are a few hiccoughs along the way when for whatever reasons some of the team just dont seem up for it. We have to remember that these are part timers who may have bad days at their jobs, like all of us,but still have to try and play a reasonably serious level of football.

Onwards and upwards !!!!

Neil,

We had had 3 defeats in our last four matches (one on penalties), and three of those four matches had been home matches. To go from that to two away league wins is a major change to me.... I seem to recall you had criticised some of the teams performances in the previous four and praised them in the last two, but you don't think there's been a major improvement?

If so, fair enough, I haven't been at the last two matches.

I only criticised from the Bedworth game, where I felt we did not really show up. This league is tough so you will get little runs where you might not win in a few.

I think we have been capable for months to put in the types of performances we have in the last two (and we have done), so for me no major change.

I take it Eddie was subbed to give Scott some game time.

There are so called top wingers in the premier league on big money who are not as direct and able in putting whipped curling crosses in like PUTS does always putting the defence under pressure and giving the strikers some thing to get on the end off. A Lennon when at Spurs comes to mind.

Puts made a mug out of the defender who was then intent on bringing him ďown i was standing near bye and you could see he felt like a fool.

Great foot work Puts.

Puts made a mug out of the defender who was then intent on bringing him ďown i was standing near bye and you could see he felt like a fool.

Great foot work Puts.

Eddie was subbed because he had played 90 mins on Saturday on a heavy pitch and we wanted to play it safe and ensure he had no further issues with his hamstring as we approached the end of last night's game.

There are so called top wingers in the premier league on big money who are not as direct and able in putting whipped curling crosses in like PUTS does always putting the defence under pressure and giving the strikers some thing to get on the end off. A Lennon when at Spurs comes to mind.

Going off track a bit Steve, I thought in general, especially in the latter stages, Lennon at Spurs was a major disappointment unlike Putts   :D  

Just read the match report on the Cirencester website and the words 'well organised Slough defence' and 'extremely lively forward line' is their summing up of why we collected all 3 points.

Cirencester also agreeing with Rebel Delaney's view that the 'dangerous Putman' was the catalyst for a lot of our good attacking play.  

Edited by Reading Rebel

3Spirit you spoke about the weakness we might have with our strikers in another thead they were superb tonight Barney was very pacy unlucky not to have scored more and Eddie on the score sheet again.

A fine team performance.

Puts for me was top class on the wing every cross he put in caused there defence problems was cynically bought down by one of them could and should of been more than a yellow card.

Deserved a goal in the final minute for all his efforts.

RD, I'm glad the team played well and the strikers did the business on the night. It was pleasing to see Ed Smith come through unscathed and that Lee Barney scored twice.

A good away win and great that we've secured the 45 points to ease the burden.

I'm not going to go overboard just yet though, as we were playing a mid table team, as in Cirencester.

I'm not looking to knock any of our 3 forwards and hope they continue to come up trumps.

I do think, however, we are still someway from having a strike force to put the best teams in this division to the test though, and losing Charlie Mpi isn't going to help that situation.   

Oh and two headed goals ;)

No offence to 'short people' intended but did the headed goals go through the defenders legs ! LOL !

Ha ha actually Lee's was a very good header... on best strikers etc, and having a strike force amongst the best in the league, one thing to highlight is not many people have scored more than us  (granted Charlie got 13 league goals) ,  Poole have scored 5 more than us same games, Biggleswade and Chippenham 4 but both teams played 2 more, Dunstable 2 more and played one more, and finally St Neots 3 more having played 3 more than us.

So attacking wise I think we have been pretty good again this season, and nobody is dramatically outscoring us....

In nearly 3 seasons at Slough I don't think scoring has ever really been an issue, and the 3 we have now (and wingers) will continue in the same vein IMO.