Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Potters Bar - Red Insure Cup - 26 Jan 2016

I think more credit is due to Potters Bar than just for breaking up our play. They also played some decent football second half and created several good chances.

It was certainly a game of two halves, we dominated the first half and should really have been out of sight at half time but the second half was exactly the opposite and we didn't manage a shot on target. As for the penalties, their keeper made a few great saves.

I was disappointed to go out that way especially conceding so late on, but thinking about it there is still 4 games to play if you win the cup and we still have away games against Hungerford, Cirencester, Frome and quite possibly Bideford to play midweek before the end of the season. Maybe more Tuesday night games isn't what we need.

I think as ARAAS mentions Potters Bar actually played some very good football second half, however the two halves of football were miles apart in terms of quality from our point of view.

First half as people have mentioned we were dominant and I think if we had got the second it might have been a comfortable night, however against a very strong wind we were very happy going in at half time, as on a boggy pitch the lads had done everything we had asked.

We said the same work rate needed to be seen second half, and I don't think the lads did not work hard, I think we just showed a lack of quality second half and often lost the ball and gave up possession to easy.

Maybe the lads subconsciously thought that they had got the job done against the wind first half, and switched off slightly mentally, however it allowed PB back into the game, right from the off.

I felt on the balance of the second half performance they deserved their equaliser, and we didn't create an awful lot second half, with a number of players not up to the first half standards.

First half we kept the ball, and were often switching play, second half we were trying to carry the ball more, and kept getting caught, and when we were turning them, were putting too much on it with the wind taking it out for a goal kick or to the keeper.

Obviously penalty shoot out can be a toss of the coin, their keeper guessed right and made a few good saves which sees them through, frustrating as we wanted to try and get as far as we could in it.

However it leaves us with the league campaign to finish as high as we can, hopefully starting this weekend.

We anticipate a loan signing by the end of the week which will further strengthen us, however we did pick up one or two knocks from last night so will need to monitor them this week.

Many thanks to those that did brave the elements and the M25, and hope you got back OK, your support was much appreciated.