Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Potters Bar - Red Insure Cup - 26 Jan 2016

When we played Leamington back in September we were on a bad run of form and our squad was being changed, players leaving and players joining.

Right now Leamington have had a run of bad results.

Aylesbury find themselves in the relegation zone.

Whilst we have got a fairly settled squad now who can get a result against any team in this league.

With Potters bar getting fairly low attendances, we the fans can make a big difference tomorrow to help get through.

The League cup represents a good opportunity for silverware and publicity.

Qualified for the next round so far;

Merthyr Town

Paulton rovers

Cambridge City

Hitchin town

Winchester City

Matches to be played;

26/1 - Potters Bar vs Slough

27/1 - Aylesbury United vs Leamington

9/2 - Godalming vs Northwood

When we played Leamington back in September we were on a bad run of form and our squad was being changed, players leaving and players joining.

Right now Leamington have had a run of bad results.

Aylesbury find themselves in the relegation zone.

Whilst we have got a fairly settled squad now who can get a result against any team in this league.

With Potters bar getting fairly low attendances, we the fans can make a big difference tomorrow to help get through.

The League cup represents a good opportunity for silverware and publicity.

Qualified for the next round so far;

Merthyr Town

Paulton rovers

Cambridge City

Hitchin town

Winchester City

Matches to be played;

26/1 - Potters Bar vs Slough

27/1 - Aylesbury United vs Leamington

9/2 - Godalming vs Northwood

You're right, Leamington have had a blip in the league but their form in the trophy has been very good.

We played well in the first half and should really have gone in more than 1 goal ahead. Second half it was obvious what happened in the Potters bar dressing room. They came out and stopped us playing any football, looking to foul us as soon as possible and wind up as many people as possible. Unfortunately it worked perfectly we couldn't string three passes together before being fouled or fouling. The ref was weak and let them get away with a lot. We had two chances second half, first from a free kick or corner where we should have had a penalty for Scott Harris very nearly being kicked in the head whilst going for a normal height header and second chance fell to Mpi who couldn't quite get a toe on the ball when one on one.

Straight to penalties.

Hope - saved

PB - Goal

S Harris - saved

PB - Goal

Smith - Goal

PB - Goal

Mpi - saved

credit to their keeper who guessed right three times and got a strong hand to them.

Yeah agree very much with SRJ. First half we were hugely dominant - Barney missed a sitter for a hat trick and we had numerous corners and other attacks. Potters bar did not start how I expected, however, they made up for it 10 fold in the second period when they stifled the game and picked out jhai for some reason as a potential red card and were constantly in the refs ear about him, especially their 7.

I haven't come away particularly disappointed tonight however 2 things wound me up slightly.

1) how some of our fans struggle to understand different conditions and opposition tactics can influence a game. Credit where credits due - did I like potters bars tactics second half; definately not. Did it work; sure as hell. Added to the pitch and wind it was a tough game and they handled those conditions well.

2) for some reason some of our fans always need a scapegoat. In the second half I wouldn't say one of our players had a particularly good game however, from some people around me, it was only Ryan hope who ever got singled out for criticism. This despite being no worse than anyone else. Then as he steps up to take his penalty someone exclaims at the top of their voice 'for f***s sake'. In a quiet ground I have no doubt he heard this. I know none of us are blameless of never having moments of individual or collective criticism but I did find it a little frustrating this evening.

Yeah agree very much with SRJ. First half we were hugely dominant - Barney missed a sitter for a hat trick and we had numerous corners and other attacks. Potters bar did not start how I expected, however, they made up for it 10 fold in the second period when they stifled the game and picked out jhai for some reason as a potential red card and were constantly in the refs ear about him, especially their 7.

I haven't come away particularly disappointed tonight however 2 things wound me up slightly.

1) how some of our fans struggle to understand different conditions and opposition tactics can influence a game. Credit where credits due - did I like potters bars tactics second half; definately not. Did it work; sure as hell. Added to the pitch and wind it was a tough game and they handled those conditions well.

2) for some reason some of our fans always need a scapegoat. In the second half I wouldn't say one of our players had a particularly good game however, from some people around me, it was only Ryan hope who ever got singled out for criticism. This despite being no worse than anyone else. Then as he steps up to take his penalty someone exclaims at the top of their voice 'for f***s sake'. In a quiet ground I have no doubt he heard this. I know none of us are blameless of never having moments of individual or collective criticism but I did find it a little frustrating this evening.

Perhaps they picked on Jhai because he was booked for an off the ball incident and they thought he could be easily wound up for a second yellow card?

Edited by Reading Rebel