Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Interesting Attendance Figures

Irishadrian

Slough is closer to Staines, Reading and Brighton than Beaconsfield is. Also going to the centre of a town with decent public transport is much easier than going to a motorway junction with very limited public transport.

Might want to work on your geography Curtis.

Of course attendances will rise (how much and keeping it at a decent number is obviously the key). Any club who's moved into a new ground has seen their crowds climb even if just down to the novelty factor. As I said as long as the marketing is decent, constant and we're doing ok on the pitch I would hope if we were in the exact position as current we could average 400-500 at the new ground.

Plus we all know at least a handful of people who all said they'd come and support if the ground was in Slough, soon will be revealed how true this is...

Edited by GlenSTFC

Do you really think moving back to Slough is going to make a significant difference to attendances?

From what I see we have a Reading Rebel, Staines Rebel, Brighton etc, and most aren't going to have shorter or easier journeys to central Slough rather than the Beaconsfield Services.

It's probably why we have a big away following.... a fair proportion of our fans aren't living in Slough anymore and are used to a reasonably long journey even to home games, so don't mind a slightly longer journey to away games.

Think the novelty of a new stadium will attract new fans and past fans coming back, so we're bound to get more than we currently get at Holloways Park.

Whether we can sustain attendances in the new stadium will be harder, given the age of most of our support. Also youngsters have so many different leisure opportunities/hobbies these days, that keeping them interested in local non-league football will be no easy task.     

I have read this thread with interest and will add my views:

As a supporter of the club (now aged 55) for over 40 years a lot of my old mates from

Windsor/Eton Wick always ask me how Slough are doing when I see them. Neary all

have said something along the lines of: "Would go if the club are back in the town".

So there is another possible 10 fans and thats just my old mates.

Point 2: you dont make much money on the bar as the take is only once/twice a

week once costs are deducted (I know this is a fact as was on the committee at Eton Wick FC),

so revenue will come from increased attendances.

Edited by Windsor Rebel

You may be right about bar sales but even if one in two fans have just one drink per match that's still a substantial amount more money per season. Add in all food sales and that will make a massive difference in revenue.

I doubt it is as high as 1 in 2 having a drink at matches, probably closer to 1 in 4. Either was you would make a lot less PROFIT from food an drink as you would from gate entry.

Do you really think moving back to Slough is going to make a significant difference to attendances?

From what I see we have a Reading Rebel, Staines Rebel, Brighton etc, and most aren't going to have shorter or easier journeys to central Slough rather than the Beaconsfield Services.

It's probably why we have a big away following.... a fair proportion of our fans aren't living in Slough anymore and are used to a reasonably long journey even to home games, so don't mind a slightly longer journey to away games.

I'd say a minority of our current supporters who attend home games come from places like Reading, Staines, Brighton etc with the vast majority coming from Slough or within a few miles radius of Slough.

With the publicity of a new ground, novelty factor etc I'd say our gates will initially increase quite significantly. Depending on how we are playing/performing will determine how many of those new 'supporters' will continue coming over the longer term.

Although it would still add up and be extra money in the clubs coffers, I think WR is right in saying that bar/food takings once or twice a week won't add up to a huge amount of money. The only way you'd really make it pay is if the club house was run like a social club.    

Who's to say it won't be open every night, with events put on by the club which in turn will lead to more revenue (hopefully). I gather for at least the first season the bar will be temporary within the sports hall so until the main stand complex is built, gate receipts will be the biggest earner unless Mars are thinking of signing a multi pound deal with us!

Who's to say it won't be open every night, with events put on by the club which in turn will lead to more revenue (hopefully). I gather for at least the first season the bar will be temporary within the sports hall so until the main stand complex is built, gate receipts will be the biggest earner unless Mars are thinking of signing a multi pound deal with us!

It probably will be open most nights but will be open to anybody who wants to hold a wedding/party etc.