Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chesham United (Home) 26th December.

Irishadrian

I saw their five threw an elbow which hit Charlie and he kept bodychecking him from behind later.

I wouldn't say chesham were were better than us and I'm sure their antics wouldn't win them any fair play awards.

When their number 11 got fouled he went down clutching his leg screaming, he didn't want any treatment and then proceeded to get up and run off as if nothing had happened.

When Charlie Mpi got clattered he didn't scream and hold his leg trying to get another player booked or sent off, he just got up and got on with it.

Sometimes makes me wonder if some of our players are too honest and should copy other teams players who are quite happy to cheat. 

Not our best performance today and our centre midfield were hardly in the game, how Jepson got MotM is bewildering.

Some of the play acting and intimidation of the ref was embarrassing and disgraceful. Unfortunately some of our players also started to surround the ref but I would like to state that captain dan hicks tried to keep others away.

The ref decided to only give the "soft" fouls and ignored the blatant pushes, kicks and elbows. For the second time in only a few weeks a linesman has tried to give an offside when one of our players has played the opposition through on goal.

On the red cards front; Ryan Case was "lucky" not to have been sent off for his foul on Adam Martin, he was late on the slide tackle and other referees would have given a red, however, the ref actually got it right with the yellow card. Ryan Blake was lucky not to have been sent off at the end as he appeared to kick or possibly stamp hicks? Whilst he was on the ground.

Not our best performance today and our centre midfield were hardly in the game, how Jepson got MotM is bewildering.

Some of the play acting and intimidation of the ref was embarrassing and disgraceful. Unfortunately some of our players also started to surround the ref but I would like to state that captain dan hicks tried to keep others away.

The ref decided to only give the "soft" fouls and ignored the blatant pushes, kicks and elbows. For the second time in only a few weeks a linesman has tried to give an offside when one of our players has played the opposition through on goal.

On the red cards front; Ryan Case was "lucky" not to have been sent off for his foul on Adam Martin, he was late on the slide tackle and other referees would have given a red, however, the ref actually got it right with the yellow card. Ryan Blake was lucky not to have been sent off at the end as he appeared to kick or possibly stamp hicks? Whilst he was on the ground.

Actually thought Ryan Case's challenge was a 50/50 challenge but as usual a player goes down as if shot by a sniper and as you say the incompetent ref actually got a decision half right.

Ryan case was half a second late on the tackle.

The video will show what happened.

From my angle it looked like Ryan got there first, but I was 90 degrees to it and very low down, so could only go by the way the ball travelled.

Everyone standing behind me thought the same as I did.... That's different angle perspectives for you.

So it will be interesting to see what actually happened when I see the video

The video will show what happened.

From my angle it looked like Ryan got there first, but I was 90 degrees to it and very low down, so could only go by the way the ball travelled.

Everyone standing behind me thought the same as I did.... That's different angle perspectives for you.

So it will be interesting to see what actually happened when I see the video

from the commentary box we had a very good clear view of it and Ryan was just late. It was only a yellow though

Lets all hope for an exciting,entertaining game played in the spirit of the season. I will be more than surprised if we dont pick up the 3 points from this one Only Hitchin have won more home games than Slough and Chesham have the poorest away record in the league just 4 points all season Chesham are often spoken of as a " bogey" team but I think in recent years they have won when they've been the better side on the day but they havent won in our last 3 encounters We have every reason to be confident tomorrow and Chesham have little reason to feel that way imo.

So much for your theory !

I thought the Chesham defence, in particular Ujah had Mpi and Hatchett in their pockets. Also Chesham did a good job on Putts by doubling up on him every time he got the ball.

Personally I liked the the look of Ryan Case at right back and wouldn't change it. Also thought Sean Fraser offered very little on the right side of midfield where IMO we were crying out for Warren Harris to run at their defenders to create something for our forwards.

I thought Charlie and Hatchet played too far apart from each other, in the main.

Hatchet gave away too many fouls and looked rusty.

Charlie struggled to get anywhere near the goalmouth and hardly had the ball under control at anytime but you have to say the service to the front two was woeful as well, so it must have hindered forward play somewhat.

Thought our managers got the substitutions spot on, in an effort to spark our mis-firing, lack lustre, lethargic side but with the whistle happy ref contributing to interrupt any free flowing football, the game failed to live up to expectations beforehand.

The game turned out to be a rather turgid affair with neither side offering much.Slough got on the wrong side of the result and with the subs being a little too late, we probably got what we deserved on the day, that being nothing. Even though, Chesham really didn't deserve to win either.

Not one of the great Chesham sides we have played in the last few years, but they just did a bit better than us.

Think we need to play wider, as when we got the ball there was no width to release to and stretch the opposition.  At one point we had all of our players in only 1/3 of the width of the pitch.  At times we were so tight to each other that it was like headless turkeys flocking together (had to try and squeeze a xmas metaphor in somewhere!)

Highlight of the game was Warrens birthday cake - Happy birthday Brighton.

3 Spirit    No theory involved   Everything I said was totally accurate and factual   I said I would be surprised if we didnt get the 3 points and I am however I couldnt forsee such an inept indifferent performance lacking passion and determination  Chesham were efficient and workmanlike and didnt have to be any better than that to get the points Its a shame the game was played in front of a crowd more than 40% higher than our previous high for the season OK some of these were Chesham supporters but   nothing we saw would persuade a new supporter or returnee to want to come again .

Not one of the great Chesham sides we have played in the last few years, but they just did a bit better than us.

Think we need to play wider, as when we got the ball there was no width to release to and stretch the opposition.  At one point we had all of our players in only 1/3 of the width of the pitch.  At times we were so tight to each other that it was like headless turkeys flocking together (had to try and squeeze a xmas metaphor in somewhere!)

Highlight of the game was Warrens birthday cake - Happy birthday Brighton.

When you say about that we needed to play with width, Rebel1965, I'm a bit puzzled by what you mean?

For me it wasn't just a question about running down the line and crossing a ball, as Lewis Putman kept trying to do this the entire match but Chesham knew he wanted to hug the touch line and always made sure two players were on him from the off.

On the other flank Sean Fraser looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights in his positioning and had little joy getting crosses in.  

I thought Lewis needed to cut in off the flank, at times and go towards the penalty area, rather than keep getting nowhere fast down the outside.

My bone of contention was that most of the Slough players were waiting for something to happen, rather than take the bull by the horns and make something happen for themselves.

This changed for the better when Gary Gokman and George Hallahan came on as both go instinctively forward, with Gokman willing to take a player on and Hallahan willing to shoot at any opportunity. To be honest, while I agreed with substitutions, I was of the opinion we should have made a double substitution with them coming on sooner, as our general play straight after half time was poor and the team hadn't done much to change our first half showing, to warrant not changing it.    

What was missing most of the match was the dynamism and the front foot passing from the centre of midfield.

James Jepson talked the talk without walking the walk. Nathan Webb started the game well but faded after the initial first 10-15 minutes of play and then seemed reluctant to do what he is usually good at, in playing the forward pass centrally and looking for the return ball and then either going/passing wide or going/passing direct.

Not sure Charlie Mpi's game plan was? as he struggled to make his presence felt. You can credit Chesham's centre of defence for this but I do think we made it rather too easy for them.    

Edited by 3spirit

Seem to remember Corby playing similarly against us last season and they got promoted!

We know Chesham are a good side and have a manager who knows how to get the best from his players. He always seems to get his homework right on Slough.

Somehow we never seem to do ourselves justice, and apart from the win in the Red Insure Micky Mouse cup, we always make Chesham look world beaters, which pisses me right off !

For me Chesham currently aren't a Corby.  

Edited by 3spirit

We know Chesham are a good side and have a manager who knows how to get the best from his players. He always seems to get his homework done right on Slough.

Somehow we never seem to do ourselves justice, and apart from the win in the Red Insure Micky Mouse cup, we always make Chesham look world beaters, which pisses me right off !

For me Chesham currently aren't a Corby.

For me,the three loan signings had a big part to play in that win against Chesham in the Red Insure Cup. Especially Declan Benjamin. He bossed the midfield that night, something we never got near to doing yesterday.

I thought Charlie and Hatchet played too far apart from each other, in the main.

Hatchet gave away too many fouls and looked rusty.

Charlie struggled to get anywhere near the goalmouth and hardly had the ball under control at anytime but you have to say the service to the front two was woeful as well, so it must have hindered forward play somewhat.

Thought our managers got the substitutions spot on, in an effort to spark our mis-firing, lack lustre, lethargic side but with the whistle happy ref contributing to interrupt any free flowing football, the game failed to live up to expectations beforehand.

The game turned out to be a rather turgid affair with neither side offering much.Slough got on the wrong side of the result and with the subs being a little too late, we probably got what we deserved on the day, that being nothing. Even though, Chesham really didn't deserve to win either.

I thought Chesham were the better side so deserved to win.

Chesham were much quicker and livelier in midfield and as such were able to control the game better.