Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

(A) Poole Town 19th Dec

Glover

Interesting choice with someone else giving MOTM to Nathan Fox with Hallahan a close second for scoring two goals on his debut.

When Searsy went off early in the first half didn't we revert to 4-4-2 when Hallahan came on?

All the players did well today, and I'm very impressed with how well the new guys did plus how ruthless we were when the opportunities arose but Charlie was a workhorse up front usually with little assistance and Sean did really well playing out of position for the team.

Edited by Gashimoto

From what I could see Hallahan spent most of his time on the right in the 4-5-1, with Fraser who had started on the right mooching to a positron in front of the back four.

Fantastic result, who'd have thought we'd get 4 points from this week with the player availability issues we've had. Certainly a bit of an over reaction to the Weymouth game earlier this week from some.

It was a bit of a weird game, at first I thought we'd be on the end of another beating but we grew into the game. Poole had two 20 plus yard tap ins after twice favorably receiving the ball when Scott came out to save and also somehow missing an open goal from no distance. Our goals did seem to come a bit from nowhere but the effort from the players cannot be faulted.

The 4 new players that have come in this week have done a really good job, credit to the managers for working hard to get them in. Fox impressed me at the ball today especially second half having to deal with several long balls and strong Poole attackers. Hallahan certainly had a lot of energy and had two good finishes. Special mention also to Sean Fraser for playing several different roles throughout and he was so unlucky not to get a goal to win it.

Well done to the players and management on a great point.

RR have you been shopping the last two saturdays.

A superb hard working spirited display from the team the new players deserve great credit to come in and make big impacts in the game.

Should we of had a penalty.

Only a wisker away with a winner when the ball went across the face of the goal.

Anybody had us down for not only 4 points but scoring 6 goals against Poole and Merthyr in under a week.

Well done to Bakes and Unders for all the hard work in picking up some fine gems in such a short space of time and for being so positive what ever the situation.

COYREBELS

Go onto the Poole twitterfeed and listen to the interview and editorial  from Tom Killick the Poole manager  He describes the result as  " Criminal " and "One I will remember for years" we get little credit just a long diatribe aimed at his team " from 1 to 11 everyone played badly" Poor show from  him I would expect a manager in his position to acknowledge that the

Slough performance had quite a lot to do with the result

RR have you been shopping the last two saturdays.

A superb hard working spirited display from the team the new players deserve great credit to come in and make big impacts in the game.

Should we of had a penalty.

Only a wisker away with a winner when the ball went across the face of the goal.

Anybody had us down for not only 4 points but scoring 6 goals against Poole and Merthyr in under a week.

Well done to Bakes and Unders for all the hard work in picking up some fine gems in such a short space of time and for being so positive what ever the situation.

COYREBELS

I see you echo my sentiments RD   :)

I'm afraid with Christmas on the doorstep, expensive trips to Weymouth and Poole were out of the question but I'll be back.

Go onto the Poole twitterfeed and listen to the interview and editorial  from Tom Killick the Poole manager  He describes the result as  " Criminal " and "One I will remember for years" we get little credit just a long diatribe aimed at his team " from 1 to 11 everyone played badly" Poor show from  him I would expect a manager in his position to acknowledge that the

Typical of a lot of managers who only see the game through blinkers.

We had a host of injuries and we had players who were brought in at the last minute and to achieve a draw against a team that are spending a lot of money to win the league was nothing short of exceptional.

I should ignore the sour grapes from the Poole manager, this was a team effort and a well earned unexpected point against a team that are not used to dropping points at home.  

Edited by Reading Rebel

RR at 2 nil Poole made the mistake of thinking the game was won but as we have seen many times if you score 1 soon after you are then back in the game and it came just before half time.

Family illness prevented me from being at Poole but I hope to be back for the Chesham game. I must admit to being a bit surprised when the result came through but heartiest congratulations to the management and team for such a great achievement. I bet it was avery happy supporters coach on the way back. Seasons greetings to all Rebels. COYR!!

Sounds a bit like the obnoxious Corby manager.