Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

(H) Merthyr 15th Dec

staines_rebel_Jr

It is far from unusual to find Slough fans having a bit of a moan. Back in the late 60's (I think) when the team was more successful than it had been for a decade or so an article in another club's programme discussing appropriate collective nouns for opposition supporters came up with "a misery of Slough supporters". We were of course indignant but memory suggests that it was not all that wrong-but then we wanted (and expected) perfection at every game.

only "moaning" I interpreted as just fans anxious and frustrated at the thought that the 3-0 lead could be lost, which on another day may well have happened with the chances Merthyr had 2nd half particularly. Of course the enforced subs etc didn't help the situation at all and also credit our opponents for putting in a much more spirited motivated performance 2nd half after a pretty poor 1st half from them.

good character shown 1st half to start so brightly and was no real sign of the Weymouth game in any way affecting us. probably helped that we were able to play a more familiar and balanced formation than we were able to in the previous game. not sure if it was turning up late but Merthyr took quite some time to wake up and fair play we were more than good enough to take advantage and grab what was ultimately a winning lead

well done to all on bouncing back and proving we are better than what we showed last weekend and a further step towards comfortable safety and that mid-table/top half spot we seem to be aiming for

Edited by Mr Rebel

Scott Harris will be back with us training next week, and available for Boxing Day game, Strutts has been to see surgeon today, and looks likely he will need another operation on his ankle, however he has put himself forward to be involved Saturday, but after the Chesham game he will be going back to Braintree, and he is hopeful he will have an operation by the end of the season.

I think we may need to look at signing another Ed/Charlie S type striker. With Charlie looking like he is going back to Braintree and needing another op , he is out of the picture.

I fear Ed may now be prone to Achilles type problems and we need an out and out striker.

I think we may need to look at signing another Ed/Charlie S type striker. With Charlie looking like he is going back to Braintree and needing another op , he is out of the picture.

I fear Ed may now be prone to Achilles type problems and we need an out and out striker.

Achilles problems? As far as I am aware he has never had a problem with his Achilles.