Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Weymouth v Slough

Windsor Rebel

What I don't understand is that we lined up 3-4-3 because we thought Weymouth would play a certain way..... within two minutes wasn't it obvious Weymouth weren't playing the expected way?

So why didn't we change our formation immediately rather than wait until we were 2-0 down before doing so?

Last season we lost four league matches by four or more goals and didn't follow any of those with a win, and lost to Biggleswade by four this season and didn't follow that with a win either..... a heavy defeat is a big psychological blow, and Merthyr will be looking to take advantage of it on Tuesday.

Hopefully seeing the drubbing we got Merthyr will be over confident.

Warren will be back, we will have at least one new midfielder (who most will know of) and we hope to have another new player, because by the looks of it we cant be sure on Jhai Searsy or Nath, so myself and Jon have been on the phone for most of today trying to sort a couple out (of which one we have got over the line subject to getting paperwork done tomorrow).

However as I said in a previous post we don't have a magic wand, but lets be honest central midfield is the place where you need to be as strong as possible (especially in this league), a decent central midfield can help protect the back 4, and enable us to dicate the game, we had Nathan, Searsy and Rummy (all of whom are good players at this level) missing... big big loss... however plugging those misses is even harder...

It can't be George Short apparently he's been carrying a long term injury.

What I don't understand is that we lined up 3-4-3 because we thought Weymouth would play a certain way..... within two minutes wasn't it obvious Weymouth weren't playing the expected way?

So why didn't we change our formation immediately rather than wait until we were 2-0 down before doing so?

Last season we lost four league matches by four or more goals and didn't follow any of those with a win, and lost to Biggleswade by four this season and didn't follow that with a win either..... a heavy defeat is a big psychological blow, and Merthyr will be looking to take advantage of it on Tuesday.

And went on to lose 6-1 in our favoured formation  of 4 4 2.... the excuse of formation is not valid for losing the game, end of story, anybody that was at the game, knows why we got beat. We could have played 5 4 1 but if we defended the way we did yesterday (as a team and not just the defence) then it would have still probably been the same outcome.

We were content with how we set up, and whilst it was not expected their line up, we did not feel the need to change, as we just needed to adjust slightly.

We played a 3 against Weymouth last year, and shocked the life out of them, raced into a 3 goal lead, and ended up having an easy afternoon.... it didn't work yesterday, we move on!

You're the one who's predicting an outcome and saying we'd have lost against Weymouth yesterday regardless of what performance we had put in.

I'm saying there's no way anyone can foretell what would have happened if both teams had turned up and not just one.

As I said it's a pretty meaningless point that is a matter of opinion that cannot be proved one way or the other so is probably best just to agree to disagree.  

No one agrees with me other than several people who ACTUALLY WENT TO THE MATCH and almost everyone on the Weymouth forum who have said that is the best performance they have seen in a very long time !!! A set of supporter used to seeing a promotion chasing side who win most of their matches each season.

No one agrees with me other than several people who ACTUALLY WENT TO THE MATCH and almost everyone on the Weymouth forum who have said that is the best performance they have seen in a very long time !!! A set of supporter used to seeing a promotion chasing side who win most of their matches each season.

What several people?

Still pure conjecture regardless of what points you keep coming up with. 

I think we need to move on from this pointless debate.

What several people?

Still pure conjecture regardless of what points you keep coming up with. 

I think we need to move on from this pointless debate.

Rebel Delaney for one plus those who I was talking to during the game.

My conjecture against yours for which you haven't provided any points to back.

I will have the last word :P  :P  :P

Anyway as you said lets move on.

Merthyr will be our best chance to get points from this tough set of fixtures we are going through this week.

It can't be George Short apparently he's been carrying a long term injury.

As a guess, could it be Dan Brown?

I doubt it.

As far as I can see I don't think Dan Drown has played a game this season.

Thought he went out on loan to some club,  from Wealdstone?  It was only a guess ! 

Is not Dan Brown who is playing week in week out at Wingate and Finchley, not much point in guessing as you wont get it, however once the paperwork is all done we will announce the midfielder and left back that we have brought in for tomorrow.

Bakes you're a spoilsport ! [ the guessing part]  :D

A left back ? ...............Dominic Rhone......oh sorry I'm guessing again. Old habits die hard! ha ha ! 

First time i have done this i sent a message to the Weymouth facebook page to say what a fine display their team put on also about there stadium pitch and there steward who by luck found the £10 note and returned to MPREBEL.

Got a fab reply back.

They are going to pass on my message to there manager and steward.

Have been a true supporter to non league football and our club for 45 years but there are times when you have to applaud the opposition.

Look forward to tuesdays game.

COYREBELS.

And went on to lose 6-1 in our favoured formation  of 4 4 2.... the excuse of formation is not valid for losing the game, end of story, anybody that was at the game, knows why we got beat. We could have played 5 4 1 but if we defended the way we did yesterday (as a team and not just the defence) then it would have still probably been the same outcome.

We were content with how we set up, and whilst it was not expected their line up, we did not feel the need to change, as we just needed to adjust slightly.

We played a 3 against Weymouth last year, and shocked the life out of them, raced into a 3 goal lead, and ended up having an easy afternoon.... it didn't work yesterday, we move on!

Totally agree with Neil on this as the formation had nothing to do with the outcome, and as he says by viewing the game the reasons for the defeat were obvious. It was one of those days where whatever formation we played Weymouth were going to be the better team.

On to tomorrow and hope Merthyr have a horrible trip up the M4 and the Slough boys play in the way we know they can.

James Jepson has very recently followed the slough town twitter account.

Coincidence ???

Is not Dan Brown who is playing week in week out at Wingate and Finchley, not much point in guessing as you wont get it, however once the paperwork is all done we will announce the midfielder and left back that we have brought in for tomorrow