Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Slough v St. Neots

Windsor Rebel

Enjoyable, incident packed game in tough conditions. 

Very disappointed in the goals we gave away, but overall it was a good performance particularly in the second half. Thought we coped well going down to 10 men and perhaps even looked the most likely team to win, but a point shared seemed fair in the end - and we have a great penalty save from Scotty to thank for that. Webby had another great game as did Ed Smith but not too keen on his antics from the throw in.

The less said about the ref the better.

COYR!

Very disappointed in the goals we gave away, but overall it was a good performance particularly in the second half. Thought we coped well going down to 10 men and perhaps even looked the most likely team to win, but a point shared seemed fair in the end - and we have a great penalty save from Scotty to thank for that. Webby had another great game as did Ed Smith but not too keen on his antics from the throw in.

COYR!

Eddie apologised to us at half time with regards to the throw, he knows what he did was not correct, the issue was we told the lads to let them play it back to the keeper, however Charlie did not hear us and their left back was waiting for Charlie to move, and the ref inexplicably booked him for time wasting, which we apologised to the left back and their management team (That is where the officials need to use common sense, as it was clear what he was waiting for)

Is not what we are about as a team, and I remember how disappointed I was with Barton Rovers in our first season when they did not throw it back to Sommers after an injury....

COYR!

Don't often disagree with you Stuntman Mark but I thought the game was a bit dreary on the whole.

Didn't think either side deserved to win and so a draw was a fair result.

Yes, you could say there were plenty of incidents but entertaining football, I wouldn't have said so.

The ref was indeed inept and certainly didn't help the flow of the game but he isn't why we drew the game.

What a difference between this game and the Biggleswade one.

This week I think it's hard to find a Slough man of the match, whereas against Biggleswade the whole team were deserving of the title. 

Mark Scott for his penalty save probably deserves the title, as he rescued a point for us.

I thought we gave away two very soft goals by weak defending to St Neots and really didn't put them under enough pressure to get the 3 points.

A game that won't live in the memory for me, I'm afraid. 

COYR!

I thought Nathan Webb had a good game.

I thought Ed Smith had a poor first half but improved in the second half.

Eddie apologised to us at half time with regards to the throw, he knows what he did was not correct, the issue was we told the lads to let them play it back to the keeper, however Charlie did not hear us and their left back was waiting for Charlie to move, and the ref inexplicably booked him for time wasting, which we apologised to the left back and their management team (That is where the officials need to use common sense, as it was clear what he was waiting for)

Is not what we are about as a team, and I remember how disappointed I was with Barton Rovers in our first season when they did not throw it back to Sommers after an injury....

Fair enough. I was right next to it all and I'm pretty certain their LB was booked for what he said to Ed rather than time wasting though!

I thought it was a thoroughly entertaining game with no clue what the outcome would be until the final whistle.

Thought we were excellent at times but conceded two soft goals. We battled throughout and felt we were well worth a point and could well have snatched it.

Ed Smith was superb up front and lead the line excellently particularly when we were down to ten.

Typically cursed Ryan Hope on here. He was having a good game but rush of blood saw him see red. Happens to us all and am sure he will battle to get his spot in the side back.

Well done Rebels. On to the next one.

Nathan Webb had a storming game and smithy chased and harried for the full 90. Thought putts was quiet today, which was for the first time in a long while. Scottys save was awesome. Overall I enjoyed the game as, while the quality of football was not as good as recent games, it was an entertaining and end to end match.

I thought Putts was quiet first half by his standards but had a good second half.

Due to the conditions not a game of quality but certainly an entertaining game where the outcome was in doubt up until the final whistle.

I thought St Neots were the better team for the first 25 minutes but once they scored we seemed to click into gear, started creating chances and equalised with Ed Smiths well taken penalty. 

Second half I thought we were marginally the better team and thoroughly deserved the equaliser after gifting St Neots their second goal. 

We where not at our best but the team showed great character to get to eventually get something from the game.

For me it was Mark Scott for his tremendous penalty save to get us a point or Nathan Webb for his all round performance who were my MOTM.

COYR!!!

Edited by Reading Rebel

Just realized that todays ref is the same one who reffed last seasons home game with St Neots in April and didnt have a bad game imo We were 0-3 down after about 25 mins but it ended 3-3 Im sure a lot of us remember that one.

Edited by Irishadrian

Well not the best game ever, but considering the conditions it had plenty of attacking play and goal attempts. I don't think us spectotors lacked anything for entertainment. The Salford match on TV last night wasn't anywhere near as interesting where the pitch played similarly to ours today and maybe the wind wasn't as strong.

Thought our midfield battled well, Hope and Webb have impressed and that "new" striker we've got gave a storming performance! What a save by Scotty to retain our point.

St. Neots, like Chesham ought to be challenging at the top end and very likely will be as the season progresses. In a 46 game league a run of 10 games or so can project a club into the reckoning.

Not the quality of last Tuesday, but the feistiness gave us good entertainment , if sometimes for the wrong reasons !

Desperately disappointed about their second goal...........not for the first time this season we give away a goal when someone tries to play football in his own penalty are instead of clearing the bloody thing !

Second half was mainly Slough, and maybe we deserved more than point.........had we taken some of the well made chances we would have been good winners.

Any point is a good one and the securing of it is down to the penalty save so Mark Scott MOTM for me