Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dunstable away match

3spirit

lot more commitment in challenges and energy in the midfield last night especially 2nd half compared to Stratford game. think Rumbold not being fully fit was clearly not helping us at the weekend not that that was the only problem

defensively much improved. Dunstable only really had I think 3 attacks of note even in the 1st half and was a bit baffling how we were losing at half time even the home fans were saying the same. their goal coming from a under hit ball from us towards our right wing which was intercepted and caught 2 or 3 of our players out of position.

our defensive side of the game definitely was solid in the most part though and once we went ahead Dunstable didn't really create anything clear cut 

every player stepped up their game and proved that we can be better than the last few games, not that we have been playing all that bad in fairness. well done to all 

Listening to the game on Rebels Radio, it sounded like Dunstable played Steve Wales up front first half and then put him at full back in the second half.

This is a player who only a few seasons ago was a top attacking midfield player who always gave us a hard time. Not sure whats gone wrong with this once top player. 

1 of their fans came past mumbling and groaning about how they had their left back and a center back missing. Steve Wales moved to right back after they took I think the left back off and put the right back there.

Dunstable certainly looked all at sea in defence at times and couldn't deal with a lot of our attacking play. Some great approach play from us last night and we could and maybe should have had a couple more goals with at least 2 glorious chances headed over. their keeper was not best pleased with his defence that's for sure. 

I'm assuming Strutts started? Very pleased for him after all the deliberation on here last week, I for one think he is a top player and hope he stays longer. If that was his last game then good way to sign off with another goal.

Team was : Mark Scott, Sean Fraser, Jhai Dhillon, Guy Hollis, Dan Hicks, Adrian Sear, Lewis Putman, Nathan Webb, Charlie Strutton, Charlie Mpi, Warren Harris:

Subs - Eddie for Strutts, Hope for Sear and Gokmen for Putman.

Justin Clayton was sent home ill on the day from work, so did not travel, and Rummy was still feeling the effects of his hamstring (in hindsight he probably should not have played Saturday as it ended up aggravating it).

In terms of Strutts the paperwork is being sorted as we speak to extend the loan for one further month (and the last time we can extend the loan)

Not at the game but delighted with the result. Alarm bells were ringing again after a couple of defeats in the league so credit to the boys for a great result at a team that were bang in form. 

I'm pleased to hear Nathan Webb played well in central midfield. He's done a good job in a number of positions that are clearly not his favourite and I think he deserves a run in the centre. 

Does seem strange that one week our midfield are copping some flak and a few days later they are getting all the plaudits.

Having seen Declan Benjamin and Adrian Sear be so effective  [mainly in their first three league games together] , we know what our centre midfield has to do to get it right.

A tall ask to do it every week but with sheer effort and commitment from those who play in that position, the rewards are evident by the good run we had in October.

Whether we can achieve it with either Rummy, Nathan or Ryan alongside Searsy [when he's fit] remains to be seen but all of them seem willing enough to try, which is a step in the right direction IMO.

Having been to that ground a couple of times now I've always come away thinking something was missing! last night as before it was the home support! and to me that is not surprising given the horrible foul mouthed abuse the linesman was getting in the second half from 'one' of their so called supporters at their end. If I was the referee I would have stopped the game until he was! (not sure if they can or would do that). For those that did not hear it, it was nothing like the usual disagreement / banter that takes place.

On the game, I thought the whole team worked hard to get a good result.

The first half was not up to much, but that may be as I missed 20 mins waiting for the burger to be cooked - catering was a joke! Also what a soul-less ground.

Second half we came out all guns blazing and 3-1 was a fair result.

From what I saw of the red card incident Frodo had an initial dig at Hicks and then went back for more using his head, the ref got it spot on and the lino just in front of me was amazed at the stupidity of Frodo right in front of the ref.  Looks like the overpaid egos at Dunstable cant take being beaten and then start throwing their toys out of the pram.

With the Frendo/Hicks incident it started with a strong jump by Hicks to clear a header, as they landed Frendo, instead of getting up decided to sit back down on Hicks preventing him from rejoining the action. The ball went out for a throw and Frendo went to mark Hicks but the ref was already on his way to talk to them when Frendo had a little dig to Hicks' stomach. As the ref came closer , Frendo put his head to Hicks', moved away and then went back and did the same thing this time with a forward movement. It was by no means a hard headbutt but a headbutt it was and in full view of the ref, no option but a straight red.

Both Frendo and the Dunstable manager indicated to the ref that they thought Hicks had used an elbow but I didn't see that.

With the Frendo/Hicks incident it started with a strong jump by Hicks to clear a header, as they landed Frendo, instead of getting up decided to sit back down on Hicks preventing him from rejoining the action. The ball went out for a throw and Frendo went to mark Hicks but the ref was already on his way to talk to them when Frendo had a little dig to Hicks' stomach. As the ref came closer , Frendo put his head to Hicks', moved away and then went back and did the same thing this time with a forward movement. It was by no means a hard headbutt but a headbutt it was and in full view of the ref, no option but a straight red.

Both Frendo and the Dunstable manager indicated to the ref that they thought Hicks had used an elbow but I didn't see that.

I feel sorry for Hicksy, being sat on by an overweight fat Frendo   :)  

The first half was not up to much, but that may be as I missed 20 mins waiting for the burger to be cooked - catering was a joke! Also what a soul-less ground.

Second half we came out all guns blazing and 3-1 was a fair result.

From what I saw of the red card incident Frodo had an initial dig at Hicks and then went back for more using his head, the ref got it spot on and the lino just in front of me was amazed at the stupidity of Frodo right in front of the ref.  Looks like the overpaid egos at Dunstable cant take being beaten and then start throwing their toys out of the pram.

I don't agree at all that the first half was "not up to much", at half time I felt hard done by that we were losing (remember we gifted the first goal with a wayward pass) and that if any one should have been leading it should have been us, getting away from that game I'd just like to say that I also get frustrated when we don't play well, but they are still our team and we should do OUR bit by supporting them when thing's are not going well, six or seven years ago we really were s**t, but our support of that team really was brilliant week in week out, just remember what it's like when your having a bad day and every one is on your back, it don't help much does it, rant over.  COYR.

We could also have gone in two nil down at half time as Calcott was no more than a foot away from getting a touch from the low cross from Osubu late in the first half, any touch and it would have been in.

You have made no mention of our good play or chances in the first half, as their match report states we at least matched them.