Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Vase 3rd Round

As for Edgware..they have a SOLID back 4 which includes a 'vetran CB' a young ex-Wigan ATHLETIC U21 player..currently 19..AND a reliable RB. Their striking force is consistent too.

Here we go, all the edgware fans coming out of the closet now they're doing ok in sparts divvy 1. A solid defence would keep more clean sheets in my opinion, but I agree on the strike force, they do like a goal over there.

Bilal Butt is there magic man. Lovely player at that level. Not sure why it didn't happen for him at a higher level.

Agreed, "Buttsy" is a magic player, but probably his not-so-magic attitude that has stopped him climbing up to a higher level. 

You don't half talk some guff sometimes. Bee-Jay Christie?? He is the epitome of a vase-level player. Has had numerous chances to step up a level and has NEVER been able to. Like a lot of the AFC players, he was cast aside as the good Dunstable pushed onto bigger and better things. Plus, his attitude stinks worse than a st margaretsbury burger. And that's putting it politely. It's a big game, so he'll prob go missing. And god help 'em if it goes to pens, because you know what? He won't take one.

Can't help but feel that there may also be some SSML tinted glasses being worn. For Basildon are doing at least as well as AFC in the Essex league. And I'm sure they have their own Smithies and Jonesies and Big Daves.

Can't help but feel that there may also be some SSML tinted glasses being worn. For Basildon are doing at least as well as AFC in the Essex league. And I'm sure they have their own Smithies and Jonesies and Big Daves.

I believe Jonesey left them in the summer.

• 3 weeks later...

You don't half talk some guff sometimes. Bee-Jay Christie?? He is the epitome of a vase-level player. Has had numerous chances to step up a level and has NEVER been able to. Like a lot of the AFC players, he was cast aside as the good Dunstable pushed onto bigger and better things. Plus, his attitude stinks worse than a st margaretsbury burger. And that's putting it politely. It's a big game, so he'll prob go missing. And god help 'em if it goes to pens, because you know what? He won't take one. 

Internet sensation Josh Chamberlain, strange, I've never heard him mentioned before this weekend... Any Berko people shed any light on whether he's actually any good or not? For me, it's their stalwarts like Dale "searsy" Sears, Carl "taskery" Tasker and Louis "misses massive vase games" Rodrigo (when he's there) that will see them through.

Looks like you were wrong on these occasions! It would seem Christie put on quite a show to aid his team progressing into the next round! 2 goals. Most managers would bite your hand off if offered the chance to sign him, turned down moves from clubs 3 levels higher!! I know a number of approaches have gone in this year as well. Easily capable of stepping up. Well done to both Afc & Berkhamsted flying the flag for SSMP clubs.

It is a shame BJ takes stick. He was not cast aside by Dunstable then joined AFC. Has been with us since a 14 year old. He is a top fella. Why do individuals comment on people they do not know ?

Exactly my point. I have spoken to individuals from clubs he has played for AFC, Dunstable Town, Barton, Berkhamsted. All very kind words to be said. To be honest it is only the gentleman above I have really ever seen say a bad word about him. One thing is for certain, his goalscoring is quite remarkable and it seems his team mates love him wherever he goes. I am right in saying he is quite a loyal player too? Did he not reject a move to Hemel to stay with afc and the management team some years ago? Gaining a Luton trial along the way?

Exactly my point. I have spoken to individuals from clubs he has played for AFC, Dunstable Town, Barton, Berkhamsted. All very kind words to be said. To be honest it is only the gentleman above I have really ever seen say a bad word about him. One thing is for certain, his goalscoring is quite remarkable and it seems his team mates love him wherever he goes. I am right in saying he is quite a loyal player too? Did he not reject a move to Hemel to stay with afc and the management team some years ago? Gaining a Luton trial along the way?

For the amount of goals he scores, teams from higher leagues are always going to be attracted. Too think, he has played over 250 games for AFC, so pretty loyal there. When bigger clubs came calling, always had AFC's blessing. Not fair to stand in his way.