Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Frome Away - FA Trophy Saturday 14th November

Curtis

Charlie Strutton is a Braintree player and goes back next week so it makes sense to give Mpi and Hatchett as much game time together as possible. 

It was a unusual for him and a shame that Ed Smith was not available because he needs to get himself match fit and scoring again. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

Charlie Strutton is a Braintree player and goes back next week so it makes sense to give Mpi and Hatchett as much game time together as possible. 

It was a unusual for him and a shame that Ed Smith was not available because he needs to get himself match fit and scoring again. 

You can look at it two ways because if you sign someone on loan and they improve your team, surely to get the most value from the deal you play them as many times as you can.

Bakes said Charlie Strutton came in initially to replace Ed Smith but I don't see it that way really, as I would have liked to see them play in the same team. That doesn't seem to fit the current approach. 

Also my view isn't mean't to undermine Charlie Mpi, Scott Harris or Lewis Putman, who are all very good forwards in their own right and all offer something different.

We are lucky to have had all five and anyone of them gives Slough a potent goal threat and can play any number of variations upfront.

You can look at it two ways because if you sign someone on loan and they improve your team, surely to get the most value from the deal you play them as many times as you can.

Bakes said Charlie Strutton came in initially to replace Ed Smith but I don't see it that way really, as I would have liked to see them play in the same team. That doesn't seem to fit the current approach. 

Also my view isn't mean't to undermine Charlie Mpi, Scott Harris or Lewis Putman, who are all very good forwards in their own right and all offer something different.

We are lucky to have had all five and anyone of them gives Slough a potent goal threat and can play any number of variations upfront.

Not sure whether Ed Smith and Charlie Strutton are too similar to play together. As you say, our other three forwards give us something different.  

Not sure whether Ed Smith and Charlie Strutton are too similar to play together. As you say, our other three forwards give us something different.  

No different than the Johnny Dyer and Ed Smith partnership and that worked well but we are unlikely to see Strutton/Smith together now.

• 2 weeks later...