Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Corby

Reading Rebel

Going by the twitter it seems we were on the wrong end of several bad decisions, with a strong penalty shout turned down, a goal disallowed, a dodgy penalty given against us, no foul given before their late goal and two players sent off.

It does sound like we may have been worth a point.

i look forward to hearing the views of those who were there.

The referee and the stand side assistant were very poor all night and against both teams. Not sure how much contact Harris made but Jake cannot argue for manhandling /swearing atthe ref but I still say the penalty was never in a million years and as for the winner, how was it not a foul on Ryan. Stand side Lino was 5 yards behind play throughout . Unfortunately the officials will take away from a good team display which played well especially 1st half.

Roll on Saturday and let's keep this good work going.

#notfittorefereesubbuteo

Feel for the players who played well and gave it everything. 4 or 5 outrageous decisions leading to a lot of people losing their cool. The officials had absolute stinkers and tough to take losing to 2 highly debatable decisions especially when we have been given hardly anything all game.

Justifiable to send off Jake although it shouldn't have even been possible to happen if ref had made the clear correct call. The Harris red looked to be a normal occurrence of 2 players jumping for a high ball. No real appeal from anyone but their player held his face and ref couldn't wait to send him off.

Won't commment on all the inept decisions as will be here all night.

Hopefully the players and staff know that the fans appreciated the effort and performance of the team in a game we deserved much more in but was so cruelly robbed of.

Superb performance from the team tonight especially first half.

Playing high tempo with pace commitment effort desire and great defending Slough kept Corby in there own half for large chunks of the half.

It was not going to be easy keeping it up in the second half.

Aa said above the ref made some shocking decisions that ruined all the teams efforts.

Eddies goal was superb so unlucky not to get the second that the team deserved.

The ref was well conned with Corby.s antics the penalty and there player who kept rolling around after a foul in the first half what a numbty.

Keep your heads up lads.

COYREBELS

Two teams last night who wanted to play football however the game was overshadowed by the performance of the referee. Both sides were on the end of poor decisions, however the major decisions which affected the game went against us. The goal which was given offside in the first half also looked like another poor decision, no way was Eddie offside and if Scott was offside for the flick on then it was a very late flag.

A good game ruined by crass refereeing...........really seemed as if the ref had a secret agenda and he cheated us of at least one point which we thoroughly deserved.

Corby antics didnt help and made it easy for the ref to give some of the calls he did

maybe they are the steelmen because they "steal" decisions !

Corby are a decent side, but we more than matched them particularly first half. Should have been 2-0 up, Ed Smith wasn't offside, I was stood right in line.

Very dubious penalty which got them level on half time. It seems the play acting from the Premier League has found its way to Southern Premier as Corby performed it to perfection last night.

Disappointed to lose, but we put up a great fight and were undone by the officials. Did we have a free kick??!!

Real shame that the performance of an inept Ref has detracted from what was a really good team performance.

Over the 90 minutes I thought we were the better team and I think we can rightly feel cheated out of at least a point for our efforts.

Some really good performances all round but I think Reese Yorke and Guy Hollis were outstanding.

Also a goal of the season contender from Ed Smith.

Robbery without a gun, least I'm confident Corby won't win the league with that shower.

I have to agree and I rather hope Poole rub their noses in it in the second leg of the Red Insure final and also beat them on the final day in the league as well.

They will really struggle in the Conf North next year if they make it. Hope we don't have to play them next year.

Couldn't make it due to work last night but sounds like a shocker. Good to hear so many on here concentrating on the positives of the team's performance. It's important we don't let the wheels fall off like they did after Dunstable last season.

Really felt for the boys last night but boy were they up against it and I don't mean the Corby team !!!

Trust me Gary Linekar would of been sent off with the frustration of last night!

Saw a picture of Ryan's (no foul) leg, hope it heals up soon.

Well done to our boys played really well

Sue