Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Burnham match.

3spirit

Question- do u wait for loads of people to post read what they are saying and then post or do u actually watch the game? Most people aren't giving excuses so no idea what ur on about just simply having their opinion you seem to love yours so why make comments about others opinions

I could list all the excuses but as you read ALL the posts you must know them, also they might be someones opinion but they are still excuses.

Just don't get it, play well and can beat the top sides yet struggle against the lower ones.Still I surpose that's why we are where we are league position wise.

All the excuses we have submitted don't really wash, how come a well beaten Weymouth recovered to get a win yesterday.As for the sending off I agree probably a totting up process in the ref's mind,wonder how many times he as been sent off due to petulance ?

And the most predictable post of the day goes to Jon Black... aka Hotspur.. aka Lino... :Forum_Troll_v1:

The fact that we have beaten Burnham (and drawn) beaten Banbury (and were beating them when abandoned) and beaten Dorchester all who are bottom 3, and not lost to any of them, sort of defeats your opinion that we struggle against the lower ones!!!

8 games we have lost are Weymouth, Poole, Redditch, Chesham, Hungerford , Dunstable and Cirencester (all genuine play off contenders and all in the top half), with Arlesey the only team in the bottom half we have lost too.... don't worry about the facts though!!!

No excuses, we are a poor team compared to when we had international standard players in the Good Old Days.

Pull your fingers out Neil and John, the Premiership won't win itself!

Posts from a second rate comedian does not change anything.Funny how you can have an opinion and I can't.

What about draws that shold have been wins ??

You still seam obsessed with that hotspur chap, you must get a life.

Home games against bottom half teams won 5 drawn 4 lost 0, normally don't people say a draw away from home is not a bad result??? Away, won 1 (2 if Banbury gets given to us) drawn 3 lost 1....

However you see what you want too Hotspur..... sorry Jon Black

Edited by Neil Baker

The easy answer of course is that football is an art, not a science. Teams don't always beat those they should and sometimes they win when technically they shouldn't. There's often no logic to it and if it was as simple as that it would be entirely predictable and none of us would bother going.

I would have thought that someone like jonblack/Lino/hotspur with so much experience of watching football would have figured this out by now.

Every game is different, and local derbies are a law unto themselves.

How many times have there been local derbies at every level where the form book has been thrown out the window.

Also, if a team plays really badly, or has been unexpectedly been beaten a few days earlier, it is easier for them to pick themselves up and put in a better performance, than it is for a team to stay at a high performance level.

These are not excuses, they are statistically proven psychological facts in both sport and normal life.

Having said that.

If someone asked if you would take 4 points from Weymouth and Burnham, everyone would have said Yes Please.

Well, we got those 4 points, just not in the way everyone thought we would have got them.

Onwards to Saturday and getting behind the team again.

Home games against bottom half teams won 5 drawn 4 lost 0, normally don't people say a draw away from home is not a bad result??? Away, won 1 (2 if Banbury gets given to us) drawn 3 lost 1....

However you see what you want too Hotspur..... sorry Jon Black

I praise the team when they win, so am entitled to my opinion when they dont perform.most, not all, haven't the guts to critise when needed.

I praise the team when they win, so am entitled to my opinion when they dont perform.most, not all, haven't the guts to critise when needed.

Your seriously are on another planet! Most are saying we didn't play well where are u seeing other wise? You are negative and negativity gets people no where! Get a little sunshine In your life

Jon Black I'm sure if we looked at every one of your posts (obviously only the posts under your current name...) the vast majority would be negative. Considering the last few seasons have seen us compete for the play-offs, win promotion and now comfortably mid-table in the Premier most fans would post far more positive than negative?

Jon Black I'm sure if we looked at every one of your posts (obviously only the posts under your current name...) the vast majority would be negative. Considering the last few seasons have seen us compete for the play-offs, win promotion and now comfortably mid-table in the Premier most fans would post far more positive than negative?

Sorry my mum only gave me the one name !

What Jon Black never mentions is the sercurity money and contract wise in football.

In the sixties it was a big risk to give up a regular job with a family to play in the pro game where plenty of players could of succeeded.

knowing that if it failed there was nothing to fall back on.

The so called Amatuer game then players were earning in some form and had there job to.

Rod Haider who was a top class act at Hendon and in non league football for many years should of been at a pro club but for one reason or another was not so supporters of non league clubs were treated to his talents.

Today players who join pro clubs have alot more sercurity and choices if there one chance does not come off.