Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Burnham match.

3spirit

Not sure what the referee did wrong for the sending off. Booked both players for adopting an aggressive attitude. You can argue that the Burnham 5 instigated it by his reaction to a perfectly legitimate challenge on the keeper by JD, but a caution for both was entirely reasonable.

Poor performance from us but credit tut players for getting the late equaliser, especially to Sean for his first goal for the club.

Thought we did enough to get a draw but we need to be much better against Poole on Saturday. What a finish from Adam Martin, surely a contender for goal of the season.

On the sending off, if the ref doesn't give the foul that wasn't a foul, the Burnham players wouldn't have come charging in to confront JD and he saves himself two yellows and a red.

Jon and Neil have got a very high percentage of results with there teams having the mentality and fitness playing on after the 90th minute.

After saturdays result i expect they and the team will be disappponted but still a point in a local derby.

These derby games over the last few years from Burnham to Chesham have mot been easy

COYREBELS

I think with the sending off Ian, the ref made up his mind even from the moment dyer attempted to challenge the keeper. He had his whistle to his lips before he had even grabbed the ball. I don't think johnnie had helped himself from the first half with his mad 5 minutes and the ref probably had that in his head. But there was no contact, which the keeper seemed to suggest by the fact he was straight up with no complaint and I actually thought dyer dealt with the provocation of the 5 particularly well. I'm not quite sure how you can adopt a completely passive attitude when your opponent is dragging you up from the ground by your shirt, sticking his head into yours and yelling in your face.

Anyway, as Marcus said, I certainly don't think that decision changed the game as we had been poor throughout and didn't look like getting back into it. If anything it spurred us on to snatch the equaliser. It was one of those nights where nothing came off - the complete opposite of Saturday. Agree that dobbo had an off night but the corner he put in for the equaliser was his best delivery of the evening. Sean was all energy as usual and Adam Martin was solid and dogged again and probably should get MOTM for THAT goal alone. However, I have to single out jake parsons again for another never say die performance. A couple of months ago you would never have expected him to get through 180 minutes in 4 days and certainly not at the intensity he's played at over the 2 matches. Onto another tough match on Saturday but if we can take something from that game I believe we can class it as a relatively successful week.

Not sure what the referee did wrong for the sending off. Booked both players for adopting an aggressive attitude. You can argue that the Burnham 5 instigated it by his reaction to a perfectly legitimate challenge on the keeper by JD, but a caution for both was entirely reasonable.

I totally agree with this.....From where I was standing, JD went in but then pulled out at the last minute once he realised the keeper was getting there first........From the angle I had it looked like the ref actually asked the keepr who shook his head.....The ref then booked the two players for the afters......

Fair enough this was instigated by 5 but JD retaliated and squared up so a caution was reasonable for both imo

Definitely a very frustrating game to watch but you have to be happy with a point as I couldn't see us drawing at 1-2 with Burnham more likely to score. Burnham we're certainly up for it and no doubt played their best game of the season as they always seem to do against us! I know not all fans stand behind the goal their team is attacking but where were the Burnham fans? Even if they only get around 70 home fans you telling me half of them can't make the few miles even on a cold Tuesday for what is one of their biggest games of the season?

Edited by GlenSTFC

Poor performance from us but credit tut players for getting the late equaliser, especially to Sean for his first goal for the club.

Thought we did enough to get a draw but we need to be much better against Poole on Saturday. What a finish from Adam Martin, surely a contender for goal of the season.

On the sending off, if the ref doesn't give the foul that wasn't a foul, the Burnham players wouldn't have come charging in to confront JD and he saves himself two yellows and a red.

With regards the challenge on the keeper you could call it either way. JD did get something of the keeper but only in legitimately challenging for the ball. Once the ball was in the keeper's hands it doesn't really matter whether he awards a free-kick or not. If the referee decided that was worthy of a free-kick it didn't change anything as the keeper had the ball.

The cautions are a separate issue. If the caution for JD was for the challenge I agree that it's a poor decision. He had every right to go for the ball and the keeper's non-reaction suggested he wasn't overly bothered about it either. If however the caution was for the reaction to the number 5 getting in his face then that's right - I'd have booked them both also. I also agree that it's very hard not to react when someone is screaming in your face, and who's to say that's not precisely why their number 5 did it, but the reality is JD reacted and if you do that you have to accept it's a caution.

I spoke to the ref after the game and he told me he sent JD off for what he called "a nasty challenge", my view was that he had tried to pull out, however he did catch the keeper and in hindsight on a booking should probably not have made the tackle.

As someone said he probably got himself sent off for a mad few minutes at the end of the half, which he himself concedes.

We told him at half time to calm down, and to be fair he came out much calmer and we were quite comfortable that he would be Ok, his disciplinary record for Slough has been good (in that he has never been sent off for the club).

However that sending off does not detract from the fact it was not a great performance, I think the energy levels were down on Saturday (though they put in a monster efforts Saturday and Burnham did not play) so that probably had an effect, however a few sloppy touches early on probably set the tone.

That said we did show some steel second half especially down to 10 men, and we had a right go, we left ourselves one on one at the back which meant they always had the chance to get at us, however if we were going to lose we decided to go down fighting, and luckily for us Sean popped up with an equaliser right at the death to give us 4 points from the 2 local derbies this season.

I have to say I thought Burnham played some good stuff at times, and you only have to look at the fact they only got beat by the odd goal away at Poole and Hungerford in recent weeks to know they are not pushovers, if they had not lost 6 points this season

However if we were to go and beat Poole on Saturday and pick up 7 points from these 3 games it would be an incredible return.

COYR

It was a disappointing performance coming off the back of a great result against Weymouth with very little quality on display apart from an absolute screamer from Adam Martin. One or two looked like they didn't want to be out there if I'm honest.

However, given that after the injury to Ryan we had about 4-5 players playing out of position and then went down to ten men it felt like a win in the end. Funny that Sean had to be waved up for the corner and he went on and scored from it. Slough are not a side you would ever want in your accumulator! 

As was famously said a good few years ago, it's a funny old game !

The managers said they had game plans for both Weymouth and Burnham................clearly the first one(against the leaders) succeeded brilliantly whereas last night's(against the bottom team) didnt by some distance.

But it isn't management's fault if performances are poor by several individuals at the same time which was the case yesterday(I never slag individuals by name on this site )------but we fought back for point in a local derby , so overall not a disaster.

Think it is clear that Ed Smith works better with Hatch than with JD , as last night they seemed unaware of each other's whereabouts much of the time

MOTM must be Sean-------the defender least likely to make mistakes on the night and then that brave headed goal to rescue us.

To be fair to the boys they gave everything on Saturday against Weymouth and something was guna have to give.... Just like Burnham gave every thing they had last night and I'm sure they are all feeling it today!

Well done to sean on his first goal and what a great goal from Adam. To not be on our a game and still fight to get a point is good.... And I'm not going into the red cause I'll be here all day

Just don't get it, play well and can beat the top sides yet struggle against the lower ones.Still I surpose that's why we are where we are league position wise.

All the excuses we have submitted don't really wash, how come a well beaten Weymouth recovered to get a win yesterday.As for the sending off I agree probably a totting up process in the ref's mind,wonder how many times he as been sent off due to petulance ?

Jonblack, do you even read the posts on here? Neil has already said that was his first red card for the club.

From what I can see, we tend to play better against teams that play better football as it allows us space to play our own game. The club's down the bottom play more compact defensive football and we find that harder to break down, leading to frustration and opens up gaps for counter attacks as we push forward.

Jonblack, do you even read the posts on here? Neil has already said that was his first red card for the club.

From what I can see, we tend to play better against teams that play better football as it allows us space to play our own game. The club's down the bottom play more compact defensive football and we find that harder to break down, leading to frustration and opens up gaps for counter attacks as we push forward.

But don't tell anyone,.,.,.,

Just don't get it, play well and can beat the top sides yet struggle against the lower ones.Still I surpose that's why we are where we are league position wise.

All the excuses we have submitted don't really wash, how come a well beaten Weymouth recovered to get a win yesterday.As for the sending off I agree probably a totting up process in the ref's mind,wonder how many times he as been sent off due to petulance ?

Question- do u wait for loads of people to post read what they are saying and then post or do u actually watch the game? Most people aren't giving excuses so no idea what ur on about just simply having their opinion you seem to love yours so why make comments about others opinions