Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 17th January

All these frozen pitches surely the teams could have waited a bit longer. Temps up to 6/7 by kick off would have easily thawed it. Poor in my opinion!!

The games were all called off by match officials.

In the case of WGC the match referee (having arrived at 11.30am) spent 30 minutes on the pitch before decidng in his opinion that it would not thaw enough before kick-off

Will be at this one if our pitch does not recover in time for Saturdays visit of Ampthill Town sorry I mean Leighton Town ;)

Hanwell Town v Leighton Town was called off at around 14:35 SHOCKING :flame:  and that was after a first pitch inspection at around 13:30 where we were told that they will leave it for another hour to see if the pitch improves and then inspect the pitch again what a f*cking joke :wall:  

So ended up racing it down to watch Wealdstone 4 Chelmsford City 2 got to the Vale two mins before kick off B)   :futbolbud2:

Ex Hanwell Town striker Shaun Lucien started for Wealdstone which was good to see.

Also a good attendance of 780 and a very decent programme.

The ground still has some of the old Ruislip Manor FC stands and also some new stands a proper non - league football ground.

11.30am is too early - 'because it still had three and a half hours to thaw' - but 2.30pm is 'too late'. What would have been a reasonable time to make a 'final' decision ?

13:30 after the first pitch inspection was finished but to be honest 12:00 would have been better.

Inspections for today should have been no earlier than 2 hours before kick off, it wasn't a deep frost (in MK anyway) and 2 hours before kick off should give enough time to stop any needless travelling.

Having said that, both our games were on, but now both pitches were badly cut up and the following weeks games could be in doubt. Sometimes it's better for the pitch when a game is called off. After our results today I wish they were

All these frozen pitches surely the teams could have waited a bit longer. Temps up to 6/7 by kick off would have easily thawed it. Poor in my opinion!!

Totally agree. Played at Harefield today and pitch was quite hard this morning but was perfect by KO. And it was the first "minor" frost of the winter, so not deep in the ground yet.

So were Kings Langley that good or Sun Sports that bad. 1st v 4th you would think it would be a close game.

Kings Langley are the best footballing team that I have seen this season.

They played very well and I doubt if anyone would have lived with them today.

Also noticed today as well as Leon Constantine , Brimsdown have signed MK Dons and Peterborough player Jude Stirling. Surely got to have some money there

What??!!!!!!

Although Brimsdown did 'produce' David Beckham

Edited by Winslow Boy