Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hatfield Town Fc Ladies

My posts had nothing to do with Hatfield Town (and I did point that out even though it is in the Hatfield Ladies thread).  I'm not sure what the fuss is about?  I have nothing against Women's Football - all I said was that I personally wasn't a massive fan, like I'm not a massive fan of Serie A or some other sports - just my opinion and if we all had the same opinion there would be no debate.  Good luck to Hatfield Town Ladies going forward though.  

If find the whole thing a little confusing, it's not 'Men's' football, if there was any women who were/are good enough there is nothing to exclude them at any level in professional or non professional game (as I understand it), there have been some cases I'm sure, definitely one not that many years ago in Italy. There is however 'women's' football, which excludes any man, and then we all are supposed to agree that it is great? I'm sure there are some very capable and technically gifted female players in the game, I have watched some but it's not for me, maybe it's the fact there isn't the history there, but more than that it just wasn't the same and that's fine. I know a couple of guys who's daighters are doing very well and that's great, I also hear lots of people saying it should be judged the same I don't agree 100 women's england caps is not the same achievement as 100 caps in the 'mens' national team, quality o fopponent, quality and quantity of players vying for the same place, rigours of the season and training etc... A lot of people who have the argument can't honestly say they have watched any or anywhere near enough and probably me included. Just thought I'd give my honest opinion not the safe and 'pc' one. It's great that Hatfield have enough interest to run a side and helps even more to be 'community' club which in turn should help the club financially and make them eligible for grants. We run several girls teams but no plans for a women's team as yet, perhaps as the girls teams progress some of them will want to carry on playing as adults.

1. Girls and boys can play in the same football teams up until the age of 10. After then, they must play in single sex environments.

2. Why do we always judge womens football against the mens game? Imagine if EVERY TIME someone brought up the subject of the standard of players in the SSMFL, all people said was  'they are all crap. The premier league is much better and I don't get why those SSMFL players even bother, should just stick to drinking beer and watching the game on the TV,' would get a bit boring after a while wouldn't it?

3. In reference to your point about women winning 100 caps for their country...yes, there maybe less competition at the top level of the English game, which may result in it being easier for established players to win more caps, but considering the ridiculous amount of discrimination and negative stereotypical attitudes towards women who play football that still exists in this country (like some of the dinosaurs on this thread) they have probably had to battle harder for each of them caps then we first imagine! 

2. Why do we always judge womens football against the mens game? Imagine if EVERY TIME someone brought up the subject of the standard of players in the SSMFL, all people said was  'they are all crap. The premier league is much better and I don't get why those SSMFL players even bother, should just stick to drinking beer and watching the game on the TV,' would get a bit boring after a while wouldn't it?

To answer this point, I would say that problem starts with those associated with the Women's game. They are the first to compare it to the Men's game. And I agree with you, that needs to stop. No one in SSML thinks they are, or compares themselves, to a Premier League team.... Apart from some of the Welwyn Garden City players. 

Archived