Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 10th January

BDC - Surely you guys have got to be targeting promotion soon?

Hopefully.

I think I remember the Gaffa saying pre-season that he was targeting a top 6 finish this season and a challenge next year.

My pre-season prediction of top 6 and at least 3 rounds of all cup competitions looks likely.

We as a club and the county town should be much higher in the pyramid in my opinion.

We have the best attendance figures in the league and the best fans by a mile but given the catchment area, we should be attracting many, many more which would boost the finances and attract more sponsorship thus improving the infrastructure.

Other teams at our level are sponsored by Budweiser and Carlsberg.

Surely a sleeping giant like Hertford Town could do similar deals?

We made some noise at both ends and yes, VERY impressed with the Wembley FC setup.

Shame we had so many 1st team players out or we might have contested the game a bit more.

At least 9 top picks injured or suspended so a mixture of last-minute signings & kids put out with others played out of position to plug the gaps.

Stayed to watch the Palace v Spuds game in the smart clubhouse after the game and had some good banter in the comfortable leather chairs.

I just wish our committee were as ambitious as Wembley's then we might actually start getting somewhere.

Their facilities, pitch, clubhouse and team are all on the up . . . promotion beckons for them without doubt in this season or the next.

BDC.  That is where a big squad comes into its own. I remember when we played 4 or 5 league games back in September/October with no recognised striker through injuries. On top of that also carrying injuries in other positions. Having a big squad is great but its keeping them all happy.

How is it looking for Wednesday for you ?

Edited by OD's

BDC.  That is where a big squad comes into its own. I remember when we played 4 or 5 league games back in September/October with no recognised striker through injuries. On top of that also carrying injuries in other positions. Having a big squad is great but its keeping them all happy.

How is it looking for Wednesday for you ?

We had a big squad to begin the season with but as you say, keeping them all happy isn't easy and some have left to get more match time elsewhere.

Doubt much will change for Wednesday, 3 1st-team players still suspended and not sure if any injuries will have cleared up by then.

Yes its sods law. You release them to other clubs and now they would come in handy.

A point recently made to two desertees who would have got their chance if they had been more patient.

Good result for your lads yesterday eh?

Come and find me on Wednesday, always good to meet forum members face-to-face.  :)

McMullens  :P

We will be approaching them again shortly......but apparently a previous chairman has upset them by not paying an invoice when they were our beer supplier.......they won't even become a supplier right now let alone a sponsor!

Big Dogs comment about lack of ambition of the Hertford committee is a bit harsh, we just want to focus on building the foundations first. That means links with local organisations including youth FCs, schools , charities and the council. Then we will have the support network to launch our bid for global domination.

3-0 AFC Dunstable v Kings Langley - Hope that this isn't the start of a KL slip. Great guys doing a great job. AFC in and amongst it.

3-0 Ampthill Town v Hoddesdon Town - Need I say more...???

2-3 Berkhamsted v Biggleswade United - Berko seem to be dropping too many points. Have lots of quality.

3-0 Wembley v Hertford Town - Wembley might be the ones to watch in the final half of the season. Also hope Hertford manage the injuries/suspensions, as it would be great to see a local team get promotion.

What was the Stable Ends view on the Wembley FC set up? And did they make some noise at the covered end?

We made some noise at both ends and yes, VERY impressed with the Wembley FC setup.

Shame we had so many 1st team players out or we might have contested the game a bit more.

At least 9 top picks injured or suspended so a mixture of last-minute signings & kids put out with others played out of position to plug the gaps.

Stayed to watch the Palace v Spuds game in the smart clubhouse after the game and had some good banter in the comfortable leather chairs.

I just wish our committee were as ambitious as Wembley's then we might actually start getting somewhere.

Their facilities, pitch, clubhouse and team are all on the up . . . promotion beckons for them without doubt in this season or the next.

3-0 Wembley v Hertford Town - Wembley might be the ones to watch in the final half of the season. Also hope Hertford manage the injuries/suspensions, as it would be great to see a local team get promotion.

Yep I rate Wembley FCs ground, pitch, bar and they do a decent programme as well. Would love them to come up and join us.

Glad you enjoyed the ground and bar BDC.

If Wembley FC went up the big question is would Ian (Basher) Bates call it a day? or carry on playing? :D

How old IS Batesy now? Surely got one more year in him at least?

He must be 40 now?

Still a class act who doesn't waste many passes.

5048664299_6637a069fc_z.jpg