Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

23 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Chesham v Lincoln has been selected as one the FA Cup games to be shown live on TV.

Some decent ties on TV/streaming this year, but typically there's a mind-boggling one: Harrogate Town vs Wrexham (League Two vs League One, was a league fixture last season). Why this over the likes of Boreham Wood vs Leyton Orient, Bristol Rovers vs Weston-Super-Mare or Chesterfield vs Horsham (I think we all know why!)? Is this really symbolic of the David vs Goliath romance of the FA Cup?

11 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Johnny Goddard not in the BW squad today.

Seems to be a peripheral player since they've changed manager unless he's carrying an injury that's not been mentioned.

I’m sure he’s enjoying the big wages but he’s effectively lost a season playing time especially as he’s early 30’s, unless of course he’s happy to take a massive wage cut and move (I doubt the club will object at all). 

10 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Well there's a surprise Aaron Kuhl has signed for Farnborough. 

I'm not surprised he didn't make it at NLP level. Tbh I didn't understand why people raved about him when he was with us.

19 minutes ago, Nathan said:

I'm not surprised he didn't make it at NLP level. Tbh I didn't understand why people raved about him when he was with us.

Could be more to do with injuries than his ability.

I must admit I had doubts about him when he first came to us but along with Lenchy he was certainly a key player in our midfield.

21 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Could be more to do with injuries than his ability.

I must admit I had doubts about him when he first came to us but along with Lenchy he was certainly a key player in our midfield.

So, if you were at Farnborough would you have signed Kuhl or Lench then?

On 08/10/2024 at 08:40, Curtis said:

Newly promoted to the Ishmian League South Central Division Farnham Town have started their season with 8 consecutive league match wins, and after going unbeaten in the league last season (35 wins 3 draws 0 losses) and I think unbeaten in their last five league matches in 2022/3 it looks like they have now gone 51 league matches unbeaten since March 2023.

If correct this beats Arsenal’s 49 league match unbeaten run between May 2003 & October 2004, but does anyone know what the longest ever unbeaten run is?

Farnham Town had their 58 game undefeated record ended as they lost 4-1 to Leatherhead

On 08/10/2024 at 08:40, Curtis said:

Newly promoted to the Ishmian League South Central Division Farnham Town have started their season with 8 consecutive league match wins, and after going unbeaten in the league last season (35 wins 3 draws 0 losses) and I think unbeaten in their last five league matches in 2022/3 it looks like they have now gone 51 league matches unbeaten since March 2023.

Farnham Town’s unbeaten run comes to an end with a 4-1 defeat away to Leatherhead, with a Lukas Franzen-Jones scoring a hat-trick (and he has five goals in two matches after what looks like a recent move from Margate). 

15 hours ago, Irishadrian said:

Burnham were held 0-0 by Eastbourne Town in their. FA Vase tie but won the penalty shoot out to progress.

In that same competition, Spellthorne Sports (the only ground I've been in with a roofless stand) beat Holyport on pens after Holyport missed 2 pens in the 90 minutes!!!