Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

• 2 weeks later...

Newly promoted to the Ishmian League South Central Division Farnham Town have started their season with 8 consecutive league match wins, and after going unbeaten in the league last season (35 wins 3 draws 0 losses) and I think unbeaten in their last five league matches in 2022/3 it looks like they have now gone 51 league matches unbeaten since March 2023.

If correct this beats Arsenal’s 49 league match unbeaten run between May 2003 & October 2004, but does anyone know what the longest ever unbeaten run is?

1 hour ago, Curtis said:

Newly promoted to the Ishmian League South Central Division Farnham Town have started their season with 8 consecutive league match wins, and after going unbeaten in the league last season (35 wins 3 draws 0 losses) and I think unbeaten in their last five league matches in 2022/3 it looks like they have now gone 51 league matches unbeaten since March 2023.

If correct this beats Arsenal’s 49 league match unbeaten run between May 2003 & October 2004, but does anyone know what the longest ever unbeaten run is?

Serie A giants AC Milan hold the record for the longest unbeaten run in football history as far as league matches are concerned. Under legendary manager Fabio Capello, AC Milan scripted history as they went a staggering 58 matches without a defeat in Serie A between 1991 and 1993.10 May 2024

I thought the record might be held by a club that had been moved down to a lower level of the English pyramid or reformed, so I just googled AFC Wimbledon longest unbeaten run, and their Wiki page claims:-

AFC Wimbledon currently hold the record for the longest unbeaten run of league matches in English senior football, having played 78 consecutive league games without a defeat between February 2003 & December 2004.

1 hour ago, Curtis said:

Millwall, late 60s  went 60/64 unbeaten at the old den, I think league only, may have been all comps

On 08/10/2024 at 10:46, Banny said:

Millwall, late 60s  went 60/64 unbeaten at the old den, I think league only, may have been all comps

https://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/gosdb-match.asp?date=1967-1-14 tells the story.

I was at university in Devon at the time and a lot of the winning Plymouth team also played with distinction for City over the years.

You have to be impacted by three international call ups to cancel a match, but this apparently is also classed as international call ups:-

‘Charlie Gibson and Sam Bull are currently in Croatia competing for England’s six-a-side team at the World Minifootball Federation (WMF) U23 World Cup.’