Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

Scott McNeish has been doing his usual excellent work as far as I know. 

As for Salisbury, they've a lot to learn about our level. 

Edited by Rebellier

9 minutes ago, Rebellier said:

Scott McNeish has been doing his usual excellent work as far as I know. 

As for Salisbury, they've a lot to learn about our level. 

Thanks for that Rebellier. 👍

I'm delighted to say I've now seen Scott's great clips of our goals on Tuesday.

Last season I could have sworn video clips like these were  up on something like the official club twitter page and obvious ( for luddites like me ) to see.

When I saw that Bracknell bloke being denied permission to film at a match at our level I was wondering what the heck was going on.

6 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Apart from segregation in force at Boredom Wood it now appears that they are not allowing any radio commentary in an attempt to improve attendances. 

Their average attendances so far are 732.

They are not allowing any radio commentary for free. I've been informed that they charge £50+VAT if you want to broadcast radio and also £80+VAT if you want to film match highlights.

4 hours ago, Connor McNeish said:

They are not allowing any radio commentary for free. I've been informed that they charge £50+VAT if you want to broadcast radio and also £80+VAT if you want to film match highlights.

Got this info from the Weymouth forum which doesn't say anything about being charged.

TERRAS RADIO:
WE are sorry to confirm that there will be no radio commentary for the Boreham Wood fixture. This is due to a scheme being conducted by the home team to encourage more fans into games. There is nothing we are able to do unfortunately, however we will have members of the team there to supply updates across our social channel. We apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

9 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Got this info from the Weymouth forum which doesn't say anything about being charged.

TERRAS RADIO:
WE are sorry to confirm that there will be no radio commentary for the Boreham Wood fixture. This is due to a scheme being conducted by the home team to encourage more fans into games. There is nothing we are able to do unfortunately, however we will have members of the team there to supply updates across our social channel. We apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

It's very nicely worded for Boreham Wood's convenience. Trust me, I've spoken with other media teams from clubs in our league and this is what I've been told is happening.

Nathan Minhas with both goals to defeat St.Albans today. 

Minhas scored 14 league goals for us last season & it wouldn’t surprise me if he scores 20 this season.

I was disappointed that we lost him to Chesham, but more than happy with the goal scoring options we have in our squad.

Just in case anybody may be interested and hasn't come across this "vlog" already, hopefully down below is a report produced by a neutral non- league match day vlogger for our very recent game v Hornchurch.

I think it's a very good 20 minute watch, with a lot of behind the scenes access and interviews you wouldn't normally expect to find in  a fan's review.

I believe Aveley only put up a fans view highlights package ("Sons of Aveley") from a fixed camera behind the goal they are attacking so anything up the other end is largely miniscule and unwatchable unless it's on full PC screen and you squint. 

2 hours ago, michaelSTFC said:

I believe Aveley only put up a fans view highlights package ("Sons of Aveley") from a fixed camera behind the goal they are attacking so anything up the other end is largely miniscule and unwatchable unless it's on full PC screen and you squint. 

If that's true, why was there a camera positioned at pitch level directly behind our goal? I think it's more a case of lose at home (badly in this instance, with no goals scored and few chances created by the home team) why bother editing and posting highlights! Same goes for Enfield.