Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

It's out on social media that Boreham Wood are charging £50+ vat for away teams to broadcast games live on radio.

Also away fans are not allowed into their club house and there's no disabled parking at their ground.

Looks like they will be taking over from Dover as the most detested club in the NLS.

Edited by Reading Rebel

3 hours ago, Connor McNeish said:

Former Slough loanee Trae Cook-Appiah has joined Hemel Hempstead permanently for an undisclosed fee.

Started with a bang for us scoring 4 goals in 3 games then tailed off scoring one more goal in his 8th and last game against Braintree.

He was on contract with Wealdstone until next June. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

19 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Started with a bang for us scoring 4 goals in 3 games then tailed off scoring one more goal in his 8th and last game against Braintree.

He was on contract with Wealdstone until next June. 

Just for context, we also had a bid accepted by Wealdstone for Trae but he chose to go to Hemel over us.

13 minutes ago, Scott Davies said:

Just for context, we also had a bid accepted by Wealdstone for Trae but he chose to go to Hemel over us.

I’m guessing they offered a lot more in wages. It’s unfortunate as you’d hope after having him on loan, scoring we may have had the slight advantage. Was the bid 5 figures+?

Just now, GlenSTFC said:

I’m guessing they offered a lot more in wages. It’s unfortunate as you’d hope after having him on loan, scoring we may have had the slight advantage. Was the bid 5 figures+?

Also Scott did you bid for him recently or before you signed Sam and Kewki?

21 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Segregation is in place at Boreham Wood which is the reason why away fans cannot go into their club house.

For those who like a drink before the game pubs are a 5 minute walk away.

They have form for being difficult. Silly to segregate when the majority of away teams will bring 50 or less. It’ll certainly put me off having to stay in the one undeveloped open end with the most basic of facilities whilst still being fleeced. 

Edited by GlenSTFC

35 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

They have form for being difficult. Silly to segregate when the majority of away teams will bring 50 or less. It’ll certainly put me off having to stay in the one undeveloped open end with the most basic of facilities whilst still being fleeced. 

I suppose being connected with Arsenal and the money they receive they need to be seen as being whiter than white and couldn't afford to have any trouble from the away support.

It certainly won't put me off going and as they obviously don't need the money I won't be spending any money in the ground.

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

Segregation is in place at Boreham Wood which is the reason why away fans cannot go into their club house.

For those who like a drink before the game pubs are a 5 minute walk away.

Still think they are National League! 

1 hour ago, GlenSTFC said:

Same as at Ebbsfleet & Bromley last season! I hate it and makes me wonder if promotion is such a good thing! Whenever I can't get to a Slough game I will go to Maidenhead if they're at home and there IS segregation for big games, but NOT for the Boring Woods of this world. You can see away fans in the Maidenhead club house on such occasions. It occurs to me also that Maidstone didn't stop us going into their clubhouse last season and we weren't segregated although there was an away section.

1 hour ago, Bernie Gogan said:

Same as at Ebbsfleet & Bromley last season! I hate it and makes me wonder if promotion is such a good thing! Whenever I can't get to a Slough game I will go to Maidenhead if they're at home and there IS segregation for big games, but NOT for the Boring Woods of this world. You can see away fans in the Maidenhead club house on such occasions. It occurs to me also that Maidstone didn't stop us going into their clubhouse last season and we weren't segregated although there was an away section.

It's possibly only the NL clubs who have had problems with away fans or a club like Boredom Wood who have a reputation to maintain with Arsenal and the FA. Funnily enough it also seems to be the clubs who are well off and don't need the money.  

4 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Reading FC womens team are to be based at Arbour Park for the coming season.

More good news for the club.

I bet you read that on the official club website too? You just don’t realise how lucky you are!

On 06/07/2024 at 09:57, Reading Rebel said:

4 million coming their way.

Speculation about a possible for call up for England-wonder if there's an add-on for that?  

Following on from Potters Bar's 8-0 thrashing by Dover, last night they played away at Dartford and came away with a 1-0 win.

Hanwell won 3-1 at home to Bracknell with Alfie Pendlebury scoring his first goal for the club.

Edited by Reading Rebel

I would really appreciate it if anyone on here could tell me if I have missed any official announcement regarding phone videoing and uploading clips from our games this season.

There is a Bracknell fan who does  a match 'vlog' on all Bracknell's games which I enjoy watching, and this Tuesday, as Bracknell didn't have a game scheduled ( why no Tuesday evening games at the start of the season for non-league teams, but that's another matter), he went to see Salisbury play against Truro in our division.

He intended to do his usual match day vlog for this match, but when an hour before kick-off he started his usual pre-match ramblings into his phone, he was approached by Salisbury stewards who told him to stop and that he would not be allowed to continue.

When he asked why, he was not given a sensible answer, but was still not able to record anything inside the ground.

I've also noticed that last season it was great to see so many clips taken by fans uploaded showing Slough's goals and after match celebrations, ( when we won ! ).

This season I don't think I've seen a single one.

I believe the National League secured a new TV broadcast sponsor for this season ? 

Surely it can't be that they now forbid recording and uploading match clips taken by fans ?

Please tell me if  there is another reason for this apparent curtailment of coverage of matches taken by fans.

I hope there is another reason, as we are obviously not in the Premier League, nor even the EFL.

We're non-league, and I hoped free from the madness that governs football at the top level.

Edited by Holyport Rebel