Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

31 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

No. I had heard Minhas was off but as weeks went by thought he may have changed his mind. But as Scott stated it was due to his contract expiring. 

Ok, so as far as you know there's a rumor another player/winger could be leaving.

Edited by Reading Rebel

30 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Yes.

Just to clarify, this is untrue! 😅 Unless you know something I don’t, which I hope isn’t the case.

We had a verbal offer from a NL side for David but he chose to stay. That was over a month ago now so it’s done and dusted and been put to bed.

If it’s about any of the other wingers, then it’s news to me. 👍🏼😀

13 minutes ago, Scott Davies said:

Just to clarify, this is untrue! 😅 Unless you know something I don’t, which I hope isn’t the case.

We had a verbal offer from a NL side for David but he chose to stay. That was over a month ago now so it’s done and dusted and been put to bed.

Just what I was told Scott, i realise they’re not always 100%!

15 minutes ago, Scott Davies said:

Certainly refreshing to hear Oggy chose to stay which to be fair must have been a difficult decision as it would have been a full time deal on more money.

2 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Just what I was told Scott, i realise they’re not always 100%!

Certainly refreshing to hear Oggy chose to stay which to be fair must have been a difficult decision as it would have been a full time deal on more money.

Had me worried Glen! Nobody else is planning to leave, unless we choose to make that decision which we don’t plan on doing! 

4 minutes ago, Scott Davies said:

Had me worried Glen! Nobody else is planning to leave, unless we choose to make that decision which we don’t plan on doing! 

That’s a relief Scott! I presume you’re planning to replace Nathan? Any irons in the fire or will you be looking at trialists and players who may become available later on?

26 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

That’s a relief Scott! I presume you’re planning to replace Nathan? Any irons in the fire or will you be looking at trialists and players who may become available later on?

Unlikely to be any time soon. Really happy with Sam and Slavi. Couple of conversations regarding possible loans for players we’ve identified but would have to wait for any news on that 👍🏼

6 minutes ago, Scott Davies said:

Unlikely to be any time soon. Really happy with Sam and Slavi. Couple of conversations regarding possible loans for players we’ve identified but would have to wait for any news on that 👍🏼

But for the start of the season we surely need 3 strikers?

Posted (edited)

Despite no official confirmation we now know that Nathan Minhas is signing for Chesham having accepted a better offer from them.

Something I didn't realise is that our new striker Sam Evans was signed on the back of being told Minhas had decided to leave.

Edited by Reading Rebel

54 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Something I didn't realise is that our new striker Sam Evans was signed on the back of being told Minhas had decided to leave.

Where have you seen that mentioned then?

1 minute ago, Reading Rebel said:

Still no news from Chesham on the signing of Minhas.

Perhaps they're still haggling over his wages 😏

Oh how sweet would it be if Chesham say sorry we’ve changed our minds!

37 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

No I wouldn’t! He’d only do the same if another opportunity presented itself. Plus for me he missed far too many chances last season (some looked easier to score!). As Scott stated you want players fully committed and not looking to make an extra £50.

Can't disagree.

He hasn't gone up a division and has clearly only gone for the money.

So for me there's no coming back.

4 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Would you want him back?

3 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

No I wouldn’t! ……….. for me he missed far too many chances last season (some looked easier to score!).

3 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Can't disagree

I don’t know Nathan Minhas at all, but I do know personally that being appreciated & wanted is often far more important than money…… and these comments are fairly typical of the Slough fans total lack of appreciation & respect for him.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Curtis said:

I don’t know Nathan Minhas at all, but I do know personally that being appreciated & wanted is often far more important than money…… and these comments are fairly typical of the Slough fans total lack of appreciation & respect for him.

As far as I'm aware a lot of supporters liked Nathan Minhas so I don't think lack of appreciation was the reason for him leaving.

IMO purely down to money.

Edited by Reading Rebel