Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Vase Latest Scores/Results

Looked even better there than it did at the game. Ridiculous! I thought we gave a good account of ourselves and did everything we asked before the game. Good luck to Guernsey in the next round and we look forward to welcoming you to the Memorial Ground on January 26th.

I'd just like to say a big thank you to all at Guernsey for making us feel so welcome before and after the game. The travel plans and organisation were spot on and the Yacht Inn were very accommodating for us. Every member of the Farnham Town party who travelled cannot wait for the rescheduled league game there later in the season to have a second bite at the cherry. The only thing I would change next time - bar the result is that we could only check into 3 out of the 7 or 8 rooms on arrival at the hotel and didn't get a key for the others until just before 1pm, 15 minutes before the bus picked us up. But that was really it. The players are not big time charlies and it was a competitive and fast tempo match played in the right spirit.

That trumpet playing fan in the main stand was man of the match for me. He kept playing all game, pulled out some big notes and had a lot of quality. Was a nice touch to an already buzzing atmosphere.

Looked even better there than it did at the game. Ridiculous! I thought we gave a good account of ourselves and did everything we asked before the game. Good luck to Guernsey in the next round and we look forward to welcoming you to the Memorial Ground on January 26th.

I'd just like to say a big thank you to all at Guernsey for making us feel so welcome before and after the game. The travel plans and organisation were spot on and the Yacht Inn were very accommodating for us. Every member of the Farnham Town party who travelled cannot wait for the rescheduled league game there later in the season to have a second bite at the cherry. The only thing I would change next time - bar the result is that we could only check into 3 out of the 7 or 8 rooms on arrival at the hotel and didn't get a key for the others until just before 1pm, 15 minutes before the bus picked us up. But that was really it. The players are not big time charlies and it was a competitive and fast tempo match played in the right spirit.

That trumpet playing fan in the main stand was man of the match for me. He kept playing all game, pulled out some big notes and had a lot of quality. Was a nice touch to an already buzzing atmosphere.

Thanks for the comments about your experience. I glad we've got a positive hotel experience on the forum by a team now.

Let me say that you were a class outfit on and off the pitch.

I was told you looked the most professional outfit when you got off the plane and into the airport and I was told your organisation by your manager/coach not sure who it was was nop notch.

You gave us a great game as well. We appreciate all the above and took it into account when you got one of the best standing ovations yet at Footes Lane.

You are a club others should look up too.

We have had some big time charlies over here and they could do with taking some lessons from your players on how to be professional and conduct themselves.

CLASS club. Good luck for the rest of the season and we'll look forward to having you back :-)

Pass the sick bag, GD ;)

Don't understand this standing ovation business. Just because they didn't lose 8-0?

Its called sportsmanship and is done regardless of the score.

The only club ever to be booed off at Footes Lane was Eversley in their 3-2 win last season. Not because they won but because of their over aggression, disgraceful timewasting and because of their players decision to feign injury at EVERY challenge. Horrible bunch !

So if a team comes over and they beat us, we beat them or its a draw and If they are sportsman like and play the game in a fair spirit yes they will get applauded because we appreciate their efforts.

No standing ovations if you win either

Teams will get a standing ovation if they beat us and a very loud one at that.

But only if the visiting team has played in a fair and sportsmanlike manner.

Come over and do an Eversley ( see above post ! ) and you will feel the wrath of The Lane !

Edited by Guernsey Donkey

You must remind me which side picked up the most cautions during the game.

The match report in the Guernsey press sums the game up well....as opposed to your inane drivel!

As I've said on another post the Press tend to play things down a lot.

I wouldn't last 5 mins in football journalism people don't like to hear the truth only niceties m

Donkey tells it like it is FACT !

So GD just to nail this. The only team not given a standing ovation is the only one to beat you at home ?

That correct ?

Wrong a few teams have beaten us at home and the only one to be booed off was Eversley.

I will applaud off a team that beats us fair and square

Off the top of my head Wimbledon and Nuneton Borough beat us at home. Both beat us fair and square ( no gamesmanship ) and were applauded off by all the crowd me included.

Edited by Guernsey Donkey

Teams will get a standing ovation if they beat us and a very loud one at that.

But only if the visiting team has played in a fair and sportsmanlike manner.

Come over and do an Eversley ( see above post ! ) and you will feel the wrath of The Lane !

G.FC must be so embarassed by your posts on here.