Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Royston Town - Champions

Fair enough. Happens everywhere

Horace - Yes but you seemed to be making a big issue out of it and appeared to be blaming Paul Attfield for Buntingford Town's plight when, as RTFC rightly said, their Committee never had any aspirations of moving up the pyramid. I thought you knew Paul and liked him so I'm quite surprised by your comments.

What Horace was getting at was your hypocrisy in criticising Craig Bicknell whilst never acknowledging or criticising Paul Atfield for doing exactly the same. Horace has done neither criticise or praise, merely stated that its a fact of non league.

Sorry, crossed posts. Consider yourself thrice told Rhodes! :)

Edited by Loose

Paul is a hero and Craig a villain in your eyes!

Horace - Not at all but Paul Attfield didn't manage to destroy a Club in the process did he as Buntingford Town are still in existence

Buntingford had a great team but unfortunately the committee never had real aspirations of moving up the non league pyramid. When the players of Buntingford found this out that even if

they had won the league they never would have

got promoted, this caused most of the players to

want to leave anyway. Probably the best move

for them though to be honest!

Wow, someone actually calling it as it was, I

might need a lie down.

Still got alot of time for Bunt, but there were

people within in the club who didn't like

'outsiders'(players from Stevenage !) coming in &

playing. That & the insistence that players had

to pay subs & annual fees etc.

When we arrived a successful season meant

beating the next village Westmill (& that rarely

happened). PA changed all that dramatically, but

the club couldn't or wouldn't change at the same pace.

Edited by syd_lexic

Sorry, crossed posts. Consider yourself thrice told Rhodes!

Loosely – What on earth are you talking about, what do you know about the history between Buntingford Town and Royston Town. Paul Attfield did no wrong when he arrived at Garden Walk in November 2007, he hadn’t been knocking door to door touting his services had he like Craig Bicknell did before finally laying his hat at Ampthill Park, Paul Young style.

Loosely – What on earth are you talking about, what do you know about the history between Buntingford Town and Royston Town. Paul Attfield did no wrong when he arrived at Garden Walk in November 2007, he hadn’t been knocking door to door touting his services had he like Craig Bicknell did before finally laying his hat at Ampthill Park, Paul Young style.

..................No bite from CB so far..........Must be really getting to you that eh Rhodes?..........Losing your touch........

Report Card Clifford Rhodes

A for effort

F for skill and technique

F for appearance

F for research

Overall Grade E - must do better, cannot rely on the same old things anymore, has to show his work before making his conclusions, he has been told this many times before but seems unwilling or perhaps unable to do so.

Edited by Winslow Boy

I'm talking about your raging hypocrisy and green eye. From what you've said seems it still stands.

I'm talking about your raging hypocrisy and green eye. From what you've said seems it still stands.

Loose we can't help him, I fear he is a lost cause. Lol perhaps we should organise an intervention?

Loose we can't help him, I fear he is a lost cause. Lol perhaps we should organise an intervention?

He'll do this sort of thing until the day he dies Winslow, one day he'll be found slumped over a keyboard in an internet cafe.

He'll do this sort of thing until the day he dies Winslow, one day he'll be found slumped over a keyboard in an internet cafe.

And we wil all say "it's the way he would have wanted to go, doing what he loved"

Winslow Boy – The proper thing would have been to continue with Padbury United playing in Division 2 this season at Springfield so a fine Club, formed in 1964, wouldn’t have needed to fold, Chairman Phil Smith was quoted as saying ‘we looked at several alternatives including returning to the existing Padbury ground at Springfield but felt we had achieved so much and it wasn’t a realistic proposition to return to Padbury’, what an attitude!

Edited by NeutralFan

finally laying his hat at Ampthill Park, Paul Young style.

The ends to some of your posts do make me laugh lach.gif

Winslow Boy – The proper thing would have been to continue with Padbury United playing in Division 2 this season at Springfield so a fine Club, formed in 1964, wouldn’t have needed to fold, Chairman Phil Smith was quoted as saying ‘we looked at several alternatives including returning to the existing Padbury ground at Springfield but felt we had achieved so much and it wasn’t a realistic proposition to return to Padbury’, what an attitude!

Well I don't feel I have the right to decide what is "proper". Just so you know Padury still have a side, so kind of negates your whole argument i think. If the committe if there was one decided not to carry on that decision rest with them soley i think dont you? Have you ever been to the village Padbury?

Have you ever been to the village Padbury?

No, I can't say I have to be honest, why do you ask. I know that Real Padbury FC exist playing in the North Bucks and District League but that's not the SSML is it.

Have you ever been to the village Padbury?

No, I can't say I have to be honest, why do you ask. I know that Real Padbury FC exist playing in the North Bucks and District League but that's not the SSML is it.

Only ask to see if you have any knowledge as to the size of the town, sorry Village, its not far off being a Hamlet lol and community etc... Padbury historically are a North Bucks side and SSML div 2 is the same step as North Bucks Prem.

Edited by Winslow Boy

He'll do this sort of thing until the day he dies Winslow, one day he'll be found slumped over a keyboard in an internet cafe

Loosely - What are you talking about, what about you on the sofa at home, all day every day, with your laptop whilst watching the likes of Bargain Hunt, Doctors, Escape to the Country, Dickinson's Real Deal, Countdown and Doctor's, what sort of life is that.

He'll do this sort of thing until the day he dies Winslow, one day he'll be found slumped over a keyboard in an internet cafe

Loosely - What are you talking about, what about you on the sofa at home, all day every day, with your laptop whilst watching the likes of Bargain Hunt, Doctors, Escape to the Country, Dickinson's Real Deal, Countdown and Doctor's, what sort of life is that.

I dont mind Bargain Hunt :P

Well thats a catty thing to say Rhodesy, maybe Winslow and I have hit a nerve there that draws a response like that. I'm enjoying my retirement quite nicely thanks Cliffy, we'll be off to Southport shortly, enjoying the delights of Lord Street, a spot of lunch in an italian restaurant and then home in time for Relocation, relocation, relocation! lol.

23jof82.jpg

a spot of lunch in an italian restaurant

Sounds good 459.gif

Rhodes is right for once.

What Padbury and their committee of three done was awful, awful I say.

Fine the club £10 don't let them be mentioned in the same breath as Amothill Town ever again.

And yes Rhodes, CB destroyed Padders all on his own, when he left the club he got the players he wanted, stuffed in the satchel of his pushbike and carted them all off to Ampts, saying if they didn't sign he would never send them a Xmas card again, ever.

How cruel eh