Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Royston Town - Champions

I think they'll either go into the Southern League Midlands Division (or whatever they decide to call it next season) or into the Ryman Div1 North! Hope for their sakes they get the Ryman.

I think they'll either go into the Southern League Midlands Division (or whatever they decide to call it next season) or into the Ryman Div1 North! Hope for their sakes they get the Ryman.

Tough one this as who gets relagated from Step 4.

Marlow from the Southern League Central have been relagated but will they come into the SSMFL, doubt it because of the geography.

Ware, Soham Town and Ilford from the Ryman are in the bottom 3 so probably Ware favs for SSMFL

Too much to be decided at present I think.

Dont forget, 12 step 4 places up for grabs and 14 champions from Step 5 around the country, so 2 will miss out. Royston though have a good points per game, so should be OK. Just what league.

Marlow from the Southern League Central have been relagated but will they come into the SSMFL, doubt it because of the geography.

Ware, Soham Town and Ilford from the Ryman are in the bottom 3 so probably Ware favs for SSMFL

Dont forget, 12 step 4 places up for grabs and 14 champions from Step 5 around the country, so 2 will miss out. Royston though have a good points per game, so should be OK. Just what league.

think if any team get relegated from ryman north it will be GWR to ESL

Agreed GWR to the ESL and Witham Town to replace them but 2 get relagated and the 3 I mentioned are next in line for the drop.

Agreed GWR to the ESL and Witham Town to replace them but 2 get relagated and the 3 I mentioned are next in line for the drop.

Its looking very interesting where teams will go and a few headaches (as usual)

All explained below on link

http://bit.ly/step4and5

I should know this but have Haringey Borough ever played in front of 1,000 spectators before

• 3 weeks later...

An excellent article from the Royston Crow, you have to take your hat off to Paul Attfield for what he has achieved at Garden Walk since joining the Club in November 2007 if I recall, his first move was to get Craig Hammond from Mildenhall Town and the rest is history:

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/sport/football/attfield_looks_back_on_treble_winning_campaign_1_1372471

He got Mr Hammond from Buntingford Town, along with the rest of Buntingford's squad. It was a bit like Padbury to Ampthill actually, only far worse!

Horace – I think you’re mistaken there, Royston paid Mildenhall Town big money for Craig Hammond in November 2007 which Craig soon repaid it in spades.

He got Mr Hammond from Buntingford Town, along with the rest of Buntingford's squad. It was a bit like Padbury to Ampthill actually, only far worse!

Very true. However Rhodes never has a go at them. It happens all over. Damo brought over most of his players from Claydon to us and no doubt our next manager will bring a squad, it's a prerequisite at this level. Is Hammond the only player that was ever bought (4 figure sum apparently) by a step 6 club. No doubt a Royaton contributed will say it's not true and I should get my facts straight. However I did say apparently. Told to us by various players etc when we played them.

Edited by Winslow Boy

Mr Attfield was playing Hammond at Buntingford, won the league but then they had points deducted for playing an ineligible player (Hammond). He was ineligible because he was a contract player with Mildenhall. Doesn't change what I said above!

He was ineligible because he was a contract player with Mildenhall

Horace - There must be plenty of players who are contracted to Club's and dual registerred with other Club's three, four, five and six steps lower in the Pyramid who they turn out for occasionally.

Horace - There must be plenty of players who are contracted to Club's and dual registerred with other Club's three, four, five and six steps lower in the Pyramid who they turn out for occasionally.

What is the bit you dont understand about 'contract' players Rhodes?

The point about being a contract player is that you CAN'T play for anyone else, except under quite restrictive loan arrangements. Anyway the misdemeanour over Hammond is a diversion. The point that I was really making is that your hero Mr Attfield did exactly what Craig did - took his team with him. It's what happens.

Buntingford had a great team but unfortunately the committee never had real aspirations of moving up the non league pyramid. When the players of Buntingford found this out that even if they had won the league they never would have got promoted, this caused most of the players to want to leave anyway. Probably the best move for them though to be honest!

Fair enough. Happens everywhere

Horace - Yes but you seemed to be making a big issue out of it and appeared to be blaming Paul Attfield for Buntingford Town's plight when, as RTFC rightly said, their Committee never had any aspirations of moving up the pyramid. I thought you knew Paul and liked him so I'm quite surprised by your comments.

Horace - Yes but you seemed to be making a big issue out of it and appeared to be blaming Paul Attfield for Buntingford Town's plight when, as RTFC rightly said, their Committee never had any aspirations of moving up the pyramid. I thought you knew Paul and liked him so I'm quite surprised by your comments.

Same as Padbury committee Rhodes and you make a big issue out of that. Unfortunately when you say things as you do you can't pick and choose to ignore things, you either think that it's bad wherever it happens or you don't otherwise it looks like a vendetta which I'm sure it's not *coughs* I think what Mr Atfield and Bicknell have achieved is to be admired

It was nothing personal - it's just my compulsion to put some of your obsessions into context! The same action by two different managers (ie taking a squad from one club to another ) gets treated in a diametrically opposite way by yourself. Paul is a hero and Craig a villain in your eyes!