Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

MARGATE vs Cray Wanderers

Wellsie

They were lucky to get a point from us at their place so can't see it being anything other than a home win!

Mind you I'd much rather Lowestoft win the league and Bury go up via the play-offs!

don't suppose theres any chance of you knicking a point or 3 off ricay for us,please

Every chance of us taking 3 points off Hoof United.

However, you have to be aware of the Jolly card on Saturday.

Edited by Joseba

Was chatting just today as to why Burchell hasn't come on lately or much at all really during the season. Definately something amiss there. He should have been in the starting line-up much more often (i.m.o). & not sitting on the bench. I can understand his frustration but to publicly have a pop at the manager isn't right.

Anyone who publically states what they're thinking on Twatter or Faecesbook in football or in general are always going to eventually pay the piper. At least this forum is a sensible platform (heh,heh).

Although it was immature to say the least, one can see the utter frustration from a highly skilled player desperate to play! Especially as his er..Manager (sic) went to the Kent press lauding what a fine signing he was, then proceeded to see him change the face of games in which he was playing, then completely mug him off by non-inclusion.

In which case it's up to AB to go elsewhere, to a club of at least the same level, and prove CK wrong. Thing is, pretty much all the youngsters who've left us in recent years have gone to Ryman South.

With regards to Billericay, I went to the Hornchurch game yesterday. Ricay should have won it really. Good to see Greg Oates still going strong six years ago after he left us. Ricay make plenty of use of long throws and I noticed there seemed to be someone in the crowd with a towel to hand to their throw-in takers (useful on a wet day like yesterday). Maybe our stewards could keep an eye out for this at Hartsdown and trump up some reason for ejecting whoever among their support has the towel. Not cricket, I know, but we really need to lose the friendly club tag if we are to progress.

As a point of clarity to the moderators of the forum and all supporters, there are only two sources of official requests to make changes to any posts made on the unofficial forum; they are Cliff Egan or me. In the case discussed here, neither of us did so and in the meantime the issue is being addressed.

The club fully respects the independence of this forum - even if we don't always agree with what is posted! I do sometimes comment when I think it is appropriate but we very rarely make requests to change or delete posts and in any case of course, couldn't enforce them on an unofficial forum. When we do, it is at the discretion of and with the collaboration of the moderator(s) and with the motive of protecting the integrity and reputation of the club and in the interest of accuracy.

If anyone has any queries about this, feel free to contact me, but if you do, please use email steve.wells@margate-fc.com.

'I Would Like To Apologise For My Outburst Yesterday! I Was Frustrated With How The Result Went & The Way My Season Has Turned Out This Year.'

'I've Spoken To The Gaffer & There Are No Hard Feelings. We Just Want To Move On & Will Carry On Giving 100% For The Club.#LearnFromMistakes'

The latest two tweets from Mr Burchell, fair play to the lad for apologising, the comments were obviously born out of intense frustration, hope this matter can be laid to rest now.

'I Would Like To Apologise For My Outburst Yesterday! I Was Frustrated With How The Result Went & The Way My Season Has Turned Out This Year.'

'I've Spoken To The Gaffer & There Are No Hard Feelings. We Just Want To Move On & Will Carry On Giving 100% For The Club.#LearnFromMistakes'

The latest two tweets from Mr Burchell, fair play to the lad for apologising, the comments were obviously born out of intense frustration, hope this matter can be laid to rest now.

It takes a big man to know when he has done wrong and an even bigger one to openly apologise for his actions - kinda agree with the first line as I think we all expected so much more from that game....... heyho roll on Billy's testemonial... :)

I guess the problem from the club's point of view is that forums are scanned by the local press. Gone are the days when Dave Cooper would furtively elicit gossip over a G&T and a lamb shank at the Fayreness. Now, in today's 24/7 fudge tunnel superhighway of non-stop news, all a hack has to do is click on a few forums and Twitter accounts. But equally censorship on the Internet is pretty much a futile task. If it's out there, it's out there and there's nothing that can be done about it. On the whole transparency is the best policy as often an attempt at a cover-up can just make things look worse than they really are.

Whatever was said the fact is that Adam Burchall should have been on when Bodkin came off not Curtis - I totally do not understand and neither do a lot of fans from what I have heard why Adam is not given more games

The problem with bringing Burchall on for a midfield player is that he does not have defensive qualities like tackling and tracking back. You would only want to bring him on for a front player hence why the obvious change was Robinson for Bodkin although Curtis was disappointing on Saturday. I agree Burchall gives different options up front but if you play him wide you can only afford 1 player up front otherwise you lose the midfield and as we have discussed on the forum before (thank you Michael) you lose midfield you lose the game

Robinson didn't get past the half-way line, back to defence....did he?

I agree about Adam. He "does" things when he comes on & scares the pants out of defenders. It's a mystery to me too why he dosen't get on.

Another one like Marsden, in my opinion: many seem to rate him very highly when, in fact, he is a decent player, no more. When he's had his chances, he hasn't exactly set the world on fire. Wingate away sticks in the mind, when he was very disappointing. He's a good impact player, one who can perhaps 'make things happen' when given 20 minutes here or there. Admittedly, I would like to see him given more of a chance towards the latter part of games, against tiring legs.

Perhaps the reason he isn't being picked is his knowledge (or lack) of grammar: Why Anyone Chooses To Type Every Word With A Capital Letter Is Beyond Me