Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chris Sliski

BFR

Felt like a punch in the gut to hear the news. He truly was Mr. Slough Town, certainly in the almost 20 years I've supported the club. Never really knew him as personally as others were fortunate to, but he was just emblematic of the club; friendly, committed and absolutely bonkers about Slough Town. We have lost a legend and agree it would be fitting to incorporate some sort of tribute when the new stadium comes to fruition.

There is a hole left in Slough Town that will never be completely filled.As so many have said, it is such a shame that he will never see the dream of the new stadium completed. But I imagine that every Saturday afternoon he will be there watching from above and in everyone's hearts too.

Thoughts are with Julie and Ryan

There is a hole left in Slough Town that will never be completely filled.As so many have said, it is such a shame that he will never see the dream of the new stadium completed. But I imagine that every Saturday afternoon he will be there watching from above and in everyone's hearts too.

Thoughts are with Julie and Ryan

As an ex player I am truly shocked to hear this sad news. I have known Chris for almost 30 years and he has always been a true Slough Town legend since the first day I met him. He will be truly missed.

I had to read twitter a few times yesterday before coming on here to confirm it was "our" Chris. Echoing all the sentiments that have been posted on here in the previous 24 hours, Chris was Slough Town FC.

Every home game i'd nip out for my "warm down" fag and Chris (who would be on his clean up duties long after most were heading home) and I would analyse (badly!) the previous 90 minutes and no matter how crap we had been, Chris would have me thinking it would be better next game and that we would bounce back. During the uncertain times back in the Ryman Prem when i finally made my debut, the club was in a state and pretty much doomed to relegation but it was the likes of Chris that made the club worth playing for...he epitomised "serve with honour".

He will be truly missed by all involved at the club, not just on the terraces but by the players who had all had conversations on some level with Chris, no matter how new they are/were to the club, that's just how Chris was, he would put himself out for everyone. I hope he knew how highly regarded he was by all whom he has had contact with over the years.

I can only imagine how painful things are right now for Julie and Ryan, my love and thoughts are with them at this tragic time.

RIP Chris, you will be sorely missed and never forgotten my friend.

Jacko

Edited by Jacko

I think the measure of how well regarded Chris was a recent conversation i had with the chair of Brighton and Hove Supporters Association. They wanted to present a cheque to our chairty on a Saturday and i had to tell them that i couldn't make Saturdays as i supported another team. When i told her it was Slough Town, she said that's ok because she'd known and was friends with Chris Sliski for years through the supporters trust movement.

He has been there since the beginning of my time supporting the Rebels, convincing my dad that two 12 year olds would be ok on the coach for our first ever away match. I loved his positive attitude to life, and all i can think of is that it's just not fair. On Chris, his family and hundreds of friends. Watching Slough will never be the same again.

I agree with Nathan (that's a first, something only Chris could achieve!) when/if we get a new ground his name needs to be immortalised in some way. I don't think its an exaggeration to say that without Chris Slough Town wouldn't be in such rude health. No one will be able to replace him, but we can try and make sure that the club he loved prospers for many years to come by cheering on the team, doing those behind the scenes jobs no one notices, being friendly and positive to new supporters.

Chris Sliski, You were a Slough Town legend. RIP my friend.

My biggest memory of Chris (my cousin) ? Hiding behind him as Millwall charged us across Wexham Park when I was 12!

Ever since those formative years on the terraces there I've not been able to resist shouting "boot!" every time I watch a match anywhere in the UK - Sunday league to Brighton and Hove Albion.

A great cousin and a great man. An inspiration to us all. Boundless energy, a heart of gold and optimism beyond the call of duty. He'll be sorely missed.

Best wishes to Julie and Ryan.

Agree with all that has been said in this thread regarding Chris. Yesterday was a strange day for all at Slough. I keep

thinking back to my conversation with Chris at the Bedfont game only on Saturday, where he was having a joke

with me that we were the only two to miss the goal at St. Neots. Always positive, you could see it in his face that

he was glad to be back supporting the Rebels after his fall. RIP Chris, a true friend and Slough legend.

Edited by Windsor Rebel

Chris Sliski, my cousin, I am so sad as I write this, I know how much his beloved Slough football team meant to him, would love to see a tribute to him when you have your new stadium, how much would he have loved that! he was a truly beautiful soul, always happy, always smiling, positive, wonderful husband to Julie and father to Ryan, a big hole is left in our hearts.

RIP Chris,

God bless,

Julie and Ryan, thinking of you. XX

I've compiled all the messages I could find from various people on Twitter paying their respects to Mr Slough Town amd wanted to add them all into this thread so everything is kept together. As Ian says above, I hope this can provide some comfort to Julie and Ryan over the course of time to just how well respected Chris was in all aspects of his life.

marcus k ‏ @maccakirby

@sloughtown rip slis an absolute legend! I nominate one stand of new stadium to be the Sliski stand my thoughts are with his family!

Graham dolling ‏ @Rebel33Foghorn

@sloughtown to all the players & fans play & sing ya hearts today for a wonderful man who has bn great for the club.rip Chris

Graham Kaye-Taylor ‏ @bigfatrebel

@sloughtown to all the players, do it today for Chris. He exemplified Serve With Honour.

Frances Longhurst ‏ @FLonghurst

Life is far too short. Grew up watching the rebels with Dad & will always remember his commitment & passion. R.I.P x @sloughtown

Matt Allard ‏ @theMattAllard

Sad & shocked to hear Chris Sliski passed away. Devoted to @sloughtown Used to work with Chris & saw him the other week at a game. Top bloke

Jon Keen ‏ @urzz1871

@Sloughtown Our sincere condolences on Chris's passing. Always a very lively and enthusiastic contributor at FSF meetings.

I don't normally wear my colours outside of matchdays, but I am Slough Town and proud today. Thinking of Chris, may he rest in peace

Mike Swift ‏ @swiftmik

Sad to hear of the loss Mr. Slough Town, Chris Sliski today. A legend in his Rebels shirt. I will miss the banter at the games RIP

David Rainford ‏ @dave_rainford

@sloughtown very sorry to hear of Chris passing, a lovely man.

Richard Hayward ‏ @HaywardRich

@sloughtown good and nice to see you doing so well. Great bunch of supporters. Very very sad to hear about the loss of Chris though.

Dave Anderson ‏ @daveanderson78

Just found out about Chris Sliski sad sad news my thoughts r with his family and everyone @sloughtown RIP

Windsor FC ‏ @windsorfc

@sloughtown just heard about Chris Sliski. Condolences from all at @Windsorfc

Holyport FC ‏ @holyportfc

Thoughts are with all @sloughtown and Chris's family, dealt with Chris many times and a truly great man. RIP Chris, from all at Holyport.

Gary McCann ‏ @mccann2507

Thoughts are with @sloughtown with the loss of Chris Sliski, a true slough man ! Condolences to all that know him especially his family x

Charles Mpi ‏ @Charlies_eMPIre

Shocked to hear the sad news about Chris - an absolute superfan. I'm sure he'll be looking down on today's game. Thoughts with his family

daniel murphy ‏ @murphy_d3

Shocked isn't even the word! Thoughts are with chris's family and every one close to him. True gent and a pleasure to know him. RIP X

Dan Burnell ‏ @DB9_goals

Shocked at the news of Chris.great man.Thoughts are with his family. RIP

Mark Scaife ‏ @rhinos1973

@sloughtown just heard the sad news about Chris. Thinking of the Sliski family today. RIP Chris.

JAMIE JACKSON ‏ @theonlyjacko

Just catching up on tweets to find the news about Chris, I'm devastated, totally gutted. After speaking last week about his leg and Sharing the usual dig at each other I cannot get my head round this news. On my return to the club in 2007, Chris was one of the first People/supporters I spoke to and from that day, we shared our thoughts on everything to do with our common interest @sloughtown My thoughts go to his family and all at the club who will have enjoyed company with not just one of the nicest men at football, but a true Gent in every sense of the word. I'm glad to be able to have called him a friend. God bless, Jacko x

Gerry Pimm ‏ @gerrypimm

Very sad to hear about the untimely death of Chris Sliski - a name always associated with his love of @sloughtown. RIP.

Andy Hammond ‏ @andyh2602

@sloughtown RIP Chris Sliski - Slough Town. One of the nicest guys I've ever met through football.

James Warrington ‏ @JamesWarro1

Sad to hear about chris!! football needs more people like him R.I.P

Warren Carter ‏ @brightonrebel

Chris Sliski RIP. One of the nicest people i've had the privilege to call a friend. Watching Slough Town wont ever be the same #rebelslegend

Nikki Hiron ‏ @MissHiron

@sloughtown RIP Chris, absolute state of shock. Thoughts are with your family. Lets do you proud today!

Sudhir Rawal ‏ @ElmslieEnder

@webb_matt as a Wealdstone fan Chris's name is synonymous with Slough. He will be missed terribly by the club. RIP

Scott McNeish ‏ @darthscrote

@sloughtown - RIP Chris, always had time for my kids. Will be missed. #TheChrisSliskiStand is a must.

Louise Harfleet ‏ @Beebo72

@sloughtown such sad news today R.I.P chris, you were a generous thoughtful man, do it for chris today boys COYR's

Matthew Webb ‏ @webb_matt

R.I.P. Chris Sliski - Mr. Slough Town. Amber and blue was in his veins. Will leave a massive hole at the club for years to come.

marcus k ‏ @maccakirby

@sloughtown rip slis an absolute legend! I nominate one stand of new stadium to be the Sliski stand my thoughts are with his family!

kim shiel ‏ @kimihair

@sloughtown my heart goes out to Chris family today I'm shocked

@sloughtown to all the players, do it today for Chris. He exemplified Serve With Honour.

Holly Laila Galgut☮ ‏ @HollyLaila

so sad to hear, rip Chris Sliski lovely man. xxox

Tom Lathey ‏ @TomLathey

RIP Chris Sliski. A good man who's life has been cut short. My thoughts go out to his familly. #rebelslegend

Helen O'Leary ‏ @helenolearyx

RIP Chris Sliski - such a nice guy to work with :(

Charles Watts ‏ @charles_watts

Sorry to hear about Chris Sliski. I didn't know him but it is clear how loved he was by all at @sloughtown. Thoughts are with his family.

Adam Sams ‏ @samsygooner

Very sad news about Chris Sliski! Mr Slough Town through and through. @sloughtown team talk is done! Let's go and win it now for Chris! #RIP

Paul Bryant ‏ @PaulBryant88

@sloughtown so shocked to hear the news of Chris Sliski. the guy couldnt have done more 4 the club. RIP. lets win the league 4 him now boys!

Dean Beckett ‏ @DeanBeckett16

Chris Sliski - Slough Town Fc through and through RIP rebel legend.

Hannah Marshall ‏ @hannahmarshallx

RIP Chris Sliski - what a fantastic man, you were a joy to work with.

David Randall ‏ @rebelruns

RIP Chris Sliski Mr @sloughtown

Martin Lovegrove ‏ @lovegrovemartin

april gets worse. Chris Sliski RIP. not much older than me. was the ultimate Rebel. Mr Slough Town in so many ways. known him since mid 80's

Charlie Urie ‏ @Charlie_Urie

RIP Chris Sliski. #sloughtown

Kevin Poole ‏ @Poole10

RIP Chris Sliski, a true Slough Town legend - will be sorely missed for his passion for the club

Pete ‏ @sloughtownrebel

Very saddened to hear about Chris Sliski. A true fan of, @sloughtown. My thoughts go to his family. R.I.P. #minutesapplauseplease

I think that the fact it's not just people currently at the club, but also players who have long since left who remember him and are paying tribute says an awful lot about the (positive) impact that Chris had upon people.

Confirmation of Chris' funeral details below from Alan Harding.

Wednesday April 18th 3pm at Slough Crematorium.

Flowers/Donations to: Newman & Son, 180 Stoke Road, Slough SL2 8AS

(Any donations to the British Heart Foundation)

Didn't know Chris personally, but I'm sure that we must surely have exchanged pleasantries at some point over the past couple of seasons, either when our clubs met or when I've been to see you at Barton or Biggleswade.

When this happens it's like family. None of us realise just how close we all become at our clubs.

RIP Chris - and while painting heaven amber and blue, add just a touch of yellow and green for us!!

From Chris and all at Hitchin Town.

I knew Chris all the way back from the early eighties and played football with him for the supporters team, playing just ahead of him , he was left back and I was left midfield. Always enthusiastic but not adverse to BOOTing the ball when ever under pressure ,which was quite often as I rarely helped him . Chris as everyone mentions was a true gent and more importantly always willing to help you if you asked. RIP Chris and my condolences to Chris's family.

Mark Gower

Haven't been on here for a while but had to come on and pass on my condolences to Chris's family. As has been said on here by many, Chris was Mr Slough Town - incredibly giving and very kind to everyone who crossed his path; there was nothing that he wouldn't do for his club and his friends.

Unbelievable generous, both with money and with his time, he will be sorely missed by all who knew him. His work with the trust, helping out on match days and being a hugely influential part of the youth team are what I associate him with the most.

Charlie

It's taken a while for this sad and shocking news to sink in, but I would like to pass on my condolences to Chris's family.

One of the most positive and upbeat men you could hope to meet and a really decent bloke to go with it.

As with all rebels fans who always welcome you back when watching a game, it was great to catch up with him for a chat before the Northwood game recently.

From a personal point of view I can only echo all of the sentiments shared already. A true fan who gave his all for his club.

During my time playing for Slough I will always remember the unbelievable encouragement Chris used to give the players (even when they've 'had one'....and I had plenty of them!!). It made representing him and his club an honour.

Will be sorely missed by all.

RIP Chris

Harps

I can only echo the sentiments already made about this wonderful man. Although my wife is not a regular supporter as soon as I told her the sad news of Chris's passing she INSISTED on attending his funeral such is the measure of the man.

I also think it would be nice if a trophy could be dedicated to Chris's name and called the "SLISKI" cup and presented to the Rebels "Young player of the Year" to recognise his work and to remember his name on an annual basis.

I would be more than willing to make a monetary contribution towards the cost of such a trophy.

RIP Chris.