Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chris Sliski

BFR

Still in shock. Got the news late last night from Sue & Adien. what can you say that has not already been said above. He was Mr Slough Town allways there for anyone allways there for the Club. He will be missed by so many people both STFC supporters and other clubs. God Bless you Chris.

Our thoughts go out to Julie and Ryan any help you need please ask

love and our condolances

Phil & Lyn

we will keep the flags & banner flying for you

Some of you may or may not know me, but I organise the fixtures at Holloways Park amongst other things I do for Beaconsfield Sycob.

I can't believe this terrible news.

Chris was one of the good guys and as someone who worked closely with him in arranging the Slough Youth fixtures at the ground I can only say what a pleasure he was to deal with. I was only speaking to him on Saturday night about a fixture that was to be arranged for Slough Youth and am still in a state of shock at the news.

Chris was the first to volunteer when we required work parties at the ground and in my experience was one of the most positive people I have ever met. A true gent.

Personally and on behalf of all at Beaconsfield Sycob sincere condolences to his family at this time.

Terrible news, I am in an utter state of shock. I too spoke with him on Saturday and he was his usual self and we joked and laughed as always.

Chris was a wonderful man who always had time for everyone. He personified everything there is to love about football and Slough Town in particular - passion, good humour and hard work.

He will be hugley missed by all. My thought are with Julie and Ryan and all his family and friends.

An incredibly sad day, you will never be forgotten Chris. RIP

what a deep and shocking news to hear about poor chirs, even though i wont be at the game i be at the game 2day his family will be in my thoughts.

i use to help the u18`s he was smiling and laughing and he will be sorely missed.

R.I.P CHRIS SLISKI

Although I never had any personal dealings with Chris on my infrequent visits to Slough Town matches you could never doubt his passion and commitment to drive the club forward. It is without doubt that Chris will never be forgotten by all who follow this club and I hope that 'we' (and I include myself in a very small way) as a group of supporters can continue his good work, especially with the youth set up which is imperative in building the club a bright future.

God bless you Chris and my thoughts are with his family and many friends. Slough Town and all who follow the club owe you a great debt of gratitude for the fantastic work you have done.

Ashby Rebel

I know nobody will want to discuss it now, but I just want to float the idea of naming something at the new ground after Chris given all the hard work he's done for the club and it's supporters. Even if it's only a brick or a bench, I think it's only fitting.

Paul & Louise (Clearway Driver Training) also send their condolences and echo the above comments.

Too shocked to write much, but I know there will be much said at todays game about the great man and all of it positive.

Thank you Chris for all you did for the club and supporters.

yes

i have known him 39yrs and will be sadly missed

i've just logged on & cannot believe what i'm reading.so sad.looked o.k. on saturday.soreley missed & Slough Town through & through.R.I.P.Condolences to his family.

As per previous message,i'd like Steve Easterbrook to remember him in some way at the new ground.I.E.stand named after him,suite,bench etc.

I heard the shocking news at our match this morning and would like to add mine and Windsor FC's condolonces to his family.

Chris wasn't just a Slough Town legend but a non-league legend, always laughing, always helping, always supportive ! There is a vast empty space today in the ranks of the non-league family today with Chris's passing. I feel honoured to say we were friends and to have known him - RIP mate.

only turned on computer recently today, to find this tragic news. have known Chris since the mid 1980's. although i rarely get to games now, due to other more local commitments down here, i used to love our catch up banter. can not believe this will no longer be happening. he was Mr Slough Town. RIP Chris

Really choked! You were a smashing bloke who always had time to have a word. Known you for well over 30 years. Just can't quite believe this has happened. Spent some time with Chris at St. Neots when his knee was done, his main concern was that we Slough fans didn't miss the match. Just really upset. You will be long remembered. We salute you Mr. Slough Town. Just hope the club will bring the title now for you. R.I.P. your work is done

Our thoughts go to Julie & Ryan at this time.

Steve & Nina

Chris was one of football's true supporters who gave his time and dedication without hesitation. He was always the optimist and was there for you when required. He'll be sorely missed by anyone who had the pleasure of knowing him. A Rebel forever, RIP mate. Glen Riley.

chris you were a great friend to me, especially when my dad died always a friendly face to talk to always willing to help,your boots are always going to be too big to fill,my humblest condolences to your family, this for me at least is a very sad day. REST IN PEACE mate you are missed, forever your ballboy.

Like everyone else, I was just so shocked when I heard the news early this morning. Myself and Stu had a chat with him at Bedfont on Saturday and he seemed fine, in good spirits despite being in pain and not able to work - we were sharing the usual banter about him holding up the queue to get in the ground. We're both very glad we did speak with him now. In typical Chris Sliski fashion, he thanked us both for asking how he was feeling.

I've been supporting the club only since about 1996 and he was always there - one of those people that everyone seemed to know. The messages we've been receiving on Twitter from former players and supporters/officials of other clubs shows that his work was recognised outside of Slough Town as well.

A true club man, fully dedicated, fiercely loyal, always optimistic, helpful, and willing to give up his own time for the club, and other clubs too. I've never met anyone so fiercely loyal or passionate about a cause, and it made no difference whether times were good, like they are now, or bad, like a few years ago when we were losing 6-0 most weeks. I think his loss will leave a massive chasm at the club for many years to come. I don't think it will sink in for many until we realise he's not on the terraces week in week out shouting 'BOOT' at every opposition clearance.

I think it's also gutting he'll never get to see Arbour Park when it opens, nor will he see us win the title this season if that happens. More importantly of course I'm thinking of Julie and Ryan at this time.

R.I.P. Chris Sliski - truly 'Mr. Slough Town'