Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Needham Market vs Enfield Town

seemgee

Decent turn out of Town support at Needham.

Got to the ground and a few puzzled looks on Town faces. Top goalscorer on bench (Hope), arguably most creative wide man on bench (Osei), arguably most creative midfielder on bench (Johnson), arguably most consistent deadball taker on the bench (Siva) and arguably our most consistent centre half this season on the bench (Kendall).

39 y/o Bryan Hammatt leading the line?

Or course, Newing has lost the plot. We are on our way to another defeat...

What do we get? Probably our most committed, determined, disciplined and professional display of the season, so much work when we didn't have the ball, some great passing and movement when we did.

Needham are a decent side, very well organised and yet we were well on top and got the goal our play deserved from Hammatt's header after an excellent Hall cross. We then started to sit back a bit but some blood and guts defending meant Imber didn't have much work to do at all.

Heart warming performance and proof, if necessary, that we should trust the manager ;) All we need now is for Leiston to lose at Needham, us to win all our remaining games and we're champions. Easy.

There was doom and gloom after losing to 'Arlow last week and having a two match record of scored 0 conceded 5, so changes needed to be made, a shake up, and as I said last week expect players to be coming out v Needham with warheads up their backsides.

However if the comments stated above are true then I hope they were made out aloud and within everyones earshot, why?? because firstly, it's a sign of disrespect to a manager and his coaching team who have led us to second place in the league, secondly, it shows the adverse knowledge of football, by supporters and thats why they are supporters and not managers, thirdly, we have a squad of very able players who can step in when the perforformances/results have dipped.

Some fan's riddle me at being too positive, but what is their to be negative about?? For the last 4 league games all supporters need to support positively the man in the Town shirt for all remaining 12pts on offer, if things are going bad don't get on the players back aka home to 'Arlow as it does not help, we are having a great season and things can change this time next Saturday evening after Leiston's 2 crunch matches with Needham and then at in form Maldon next week.

Well done the first team yesterday, great result and from what I hear equalled by a super performance. I could'nt make the game but from what my son told me their was a very good turn out of from the loyal Town supporters which always makes our games feel more at home than away. The supporters can play their part in the run in but like the players, we need to support with positive enthusiasm.

Lets not forget that 7 days previously, he made a similarly bold and unusual team selecetion that resulted in us losing 0-3 to 10 men! Credit where its due and it worked yesterday but i'm not getting too carried away. Realistically we will probably be in the play offs (i hope i'm wrong and we win it!). Therefore, we need to be assured of our Play off team sooner rather than later to avoid disrupting the flow of the team. We dont want the 11 that starts the play offs to not have played together in some weeks.

Hope eternal.....

Town have 4 tough games ahead, starting with the Wabby derby game on Monday and then another derby v Chestnuts, not to mention the Leiston and Grays games.

However, Leiston will not find it easy v their local rivals Needham and then a nice trip to in form Maldon ( as we found ) prior to coming to the Dome.

So, by the 21st v Leiston there may still be something to play for - ie AUTO Promotion !!

Let's keep believing.

Come on you Towners.