Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How Will Promoted Teams Fare Next Season?

As far as I am concerned for strong performers next season (I wont say winners, as it is too early to tell), I think that while I figure that Guernsey will do well, Bedfont should not be overlooked, as they wouldn't be where they are now without being a decent side. It will be an interesting season and a good measure of the things yet to come. What I can say,is that for GFC home games, the tougher the opposition, the more passionate the supporters are. So this will add another dimension to the games for the visiting teams who will play in front of 1000+ fans at the lane. Really looking forward to it!

I think it will be interesting how the league deal with the increase in games, with regards to trying to avoid clubs travelling to Guernsey for midweek games. It was mentioned in the latest minutes that Guernsey may have to ensure that more Saturday's are available for home games next season.

I'm sure though that these minor issues can be resolved. There were some reservations about how everything would work this season and I think from our experience and listening to other clubs, it's quite clearly been a resounding success.

I think it will be interesting how the league deal with the increase in games, with regards to trying to avoid clubs travelling to Guernsey for midweek games. It was mentioned in the latest minutes that Guernsey may have to ensure that more Saturday's are available for home games next season.

I'm sure though that these minor issues can be resolved. There were some reservations about how everything would work this season and I think from our experience and listening to other clubs, it's quite clearly been a resounding success.

I thought GFC had access to venues other than Footes lane, albeit less crowd capacity ? They'll be some disappointed teams if they have to play a midweek fixture over there - apart from your Club Daniel the others were only there for the Saturday night crack ;)

DPJN one has to consider also that Guernsey groundshare their ground/pitch with their Rugby team who one must assume play on Saturday's as well, which is a shame, 'cos from reports I have received about Footes Lane pitch at the end of the season it has suffered somewhat, but surely it cannot be as bad as some others in the league ?

Lammas boys have just played on it. What was it like guys ?

DPJN one has to consider also that Guernsey groundshare their ground/pitch with their Rugby team who one must assume play on Saturday's as well, which is a shame, 'cos from reports I have received about Footes Lane pitch at the end of the season it has suffered somewhat, but surely it cannot be as bad as some others in the league ?

Lammas boys have just played on it. What was it like guys ?

The pitch was poor, Rugby marking all over the pitch, if it werent for the 1300 crowd it would be disapointing to play on!

Not forgetting F.A.Vase games,which I am sure Guernsey will do well in.Could always do a Guildford and play on Friday night to accomodate them.Will Premier sides bend over backwards to help them though? like Div 1 Sides have this year.

Edited by Smudge

Not forgetting F.A.Vase games,which I am sure Guernsey will do well in.Could always do a Guildford and play on Friday night to accomodate them.Will Premier sides bend over backwards to help them though? like Div 1 Sides have this year.

Wonder how a hastily arranged midweek replay in the FA Vase is going to work :ponder:

Guernsey - top 6

Bedfont Sports - mid table

HW - bottom half but safe

Obviously all going on this season squads, who's knows what players may come in/out.

Wonder how a hastily arranged midweek replay in the FA Vase is going to work :ponder:

I have been wondering for a while how some UK based clubs will feel when/if they are asked to play in Guernsey mid-week....

I have been wondering for a while how some UK based clubs will feel when/if they are asked to play in Guernsey mid-week....

I think League games should be OK - Clubs will normally have a few weeks notice to plan etc. But FA Vase replays played on a Tuesday / Wednesday following a Saturday draw on the mainland will pose a few issues, not the least being that they take precedence over other games.

Good point, I know that Guernsey based clubs have played in Vase competition in the past, so I guess its not exactly new ground. But I seem to recall then that games were always played Saturdays or Friday evening.

Do Vase games HAVE to go to replays?

Can't you play to a conclusion on the day via extra time and penalties if both clubs are agreeable?

Or one could say tough on clubs visiting Guernsey, play when advised and if that means players taking time off work to play mid-week then tough titties!

its not all about bending over backwards to help Guernsey, its about being fair to ALL clubs.

What an miss out on a Full expenses paid trip to Guernsey.Would you?Clubs must surely stop bending over backwards for Guernsey F.C.'s wants.They are the opposition for Gods Sake to all teams in the C.C.L.

I was just asking! Anyway, here's the answers!

http://www.thefa.com/Competitions/FACompetitions/TheFAVase/match%20centre/coalvilletown-whitleybay/~/media/files/pdf/the%20fa%20cup%20and%20comps/competition%20rules%202011-12/favaserules11-12.ashx/favaserules11-12.pdf

See

Rule 5 (B)

and

Rule 11 (a) and (B)

Cheers Chris,wonder what exceptional circumstances mean.Just imagine you were drawn at home to Guernsey,and you wanted to conclude the game on the day.Both Teams have to agree on this 45 mins before the game to the Referee.FINE.But it has cost Guernsey say 3k to travel,both teams would lose out.I am sure Guernsey with their massive crowds would want a Replay at Footes Lane,so that both teams do not lose out Financially.However the game must be played before the following thursday,the home team cannot fulfil a Team due to work commitments etc.What happens then.

If guernsey keep the same squad from this season and players like allen and black stay injury free they will win the league!

My only worry and just in my opinion they can be a bit suspect at the back. We had 3 or 4 great chances a few weeks ago and as they get higher better strikers will take those chances and games will not be so easy.

Going forward I haven't played against a CCL or southern league team with the quality and movement of the front 4 or 5 that GFC have.

I think they have a great chance of winning the Vase next season also be interesting how they do in the FA cup!

I hope they do well all lovely people there and have won alot of people over this season.

Bedfont and Hartley will easially hold their own in the prem! Both teams have players who have played higher and think they could both be top half!

Good luck to all 3 anyway!

Guernsey have higher class Players already,fitness levels not matched by any other C.C.L. sides.The key will be injuries to key players,over a longer Season.

Bedfont Sports come very close in fitness levels, the bamfords have lots of experience at a higher level and have generated the highest fitness levels seen at the club.