Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How Will Promoted Teams Fare Next Season?

I am curious to see how Guernsey will cope with an additional 8 league games next season. As for how we will do? I haven't got a Scooby! Plus, we have no idea which clubs, if any, will be relegated from Step 4 so talk of next season's champions is way too premature.

We are a very fit side so I don't think the extra 8 games will matter next season.

I believe it will be between Guernsey, Wembley and Windsor for the promotion place.

Crumbs DG talk about putting your head on the line, just because you have done well in the cup games it isn.t really a true reflection of the CCL prem there are quite a few teams who will take exeption to your prediction, as I have said on here before many teams have come into this league thinking they will win it and have gone away with thier tails between thier legs, it is not easy believe me,I have been a player and a manager on and off in this league for the last 30 years and in that time have watched some of these so called certs go out of existence do not underestimate the strength of this league.

I am curious to see how Guernsey will cope with an additional 8 league games next season. As for how we will do? I haven't got a Scooby! Plus, we have no idea which clubs, if any, will be relegated from Step 4 so talk of next season's champions is way too premature.

We are a very fit side so I don't think the extra 8 games will matter next season.

I believe it will be between Guernsey, Wembley and Windsor for the promotion place.

Crumbs DG talk about putting your head on the line, just because you have done well in the cup games it isn.t really a true reflection of the CCL prem there are quite a few teams who will take exeption to your prediction, as I have said on here before many teams have come into this league thinking they will win it and have gone away with thier tails between thier legs, it is not easy believe me,I have been a player and a manager on and off in this league for the last 30 years and in that time have watched some of these so called certs go out of existence do not underestimate the strength of this league.

..........................and don't forget Assistant Manager at Sandhurst........... ;) !!!

..........................and don't forget Assistant Manager at Sandhurst........... ;) !!!

will you please stop trying to be some sort of aquaintance of mine I am fed up with your trying to hang on to my shirt tail now p1ss off and latch onto someone else The point I was making was quite a serious one so please do not try to belittle my posts where are the mediators on this forum and why can't you stop this guy from trying to humiliate everyone with his BS.

Duncs I think that Guernsey will be definitely top 3, I actually think they will win it by the same margin as Guildford did last year.

They are top drawer.

Duncs I think that Guernsey will be definitely top 3, I actually think they will win it by the same margin as Guildford did last year.

They are top drawer.

They are top drawer.

You might be right Ellers but its not easy I hope they are ready for 40 odd cup finals cos thats what they are gonna get ask AFC Wimbledon even with thier resources they didn't win it at the 1st time of asking,Reading came into this league having smashed everyone in thier way where did they get, even Fleet Town finished bottom when they came in,teams like Baggy lea and Camberley with thier budgets haven't even got close so don't be surprised if they get nowhere it might all be about establishing themeselves first.What happens if the lad up front gets injured or has a bad time in front of goal or maybe goes to a higher club if he is that good.

will you please stop trying to be some sort of aquaintance of mine I am fed up with your trying to hang on to my shirt tail now p1ss off and latch onto someone else The point I was making was quite a serious one so please do not try to belittle my posts where are the mediators on this forum and why can't you stop this guy from trying to humiliate everyone with his BS.

Humiliate ? You're a fine one to talk !

Me an aquaintance of Dunc the Unc ...oh please don't flatter yourself !

How am I belittleing you when YOU made the statement that YOU was the Assistant Manager at Sandhurst. All I am doing is repeating your comment be it right or maybe wrong ........ ;) !!!

Edited by NICE GUY

Humiliate ? You're a fine one to talk !

Me an aquaintance of Dunc the Unc ...oh please don't flatter yourself !

How am I belittleing you when YOU made the statement that YOU was the Assistant Manager at Sandhurst. All I am doing is repeating your comment be it right or maybe wrong ........ ;) !!!

what the feck is it to do with you ? You don't know me so go and irritate some other kent Thrush.

Duncs the difference between Guernsey and AFC Wimbledon is that AFC was a completely new side, Guernsey are extremely professional, fit and have quality beyond there 1st eleven, I know the league is difficult but I think they will have too much for the others that are in the league this year and the teams from last year.

Wembley, Windsor, Egham, Camberley, Hamworth Villa will be in the frame, Badshot lea despite there budget will not be title contenders IMO, Bedfont Sports will be a hard team to beat, in Jordan Vidal they have one of the best players in the league, if they can add some quality up top they will do very well.

Completely agree that Guernsey will be challenging next season. They have quality players all over the pitch and next season they will be wiser as to what to expect from this level of football.

Pleased for all involved at the club,as what they have created is extremely impressive and very professional.

Duncs the difference between Guernsey and AFC Wimbledon is that AFC was a completely new side, Guernsey are extremely professional, fit and have quality beyond there 1st eleven, I know the league is difficult but I think they will have too much for the others that are in the league this year and the teams from last year.

Wembley, Windsor, Egham, Camberley, Hamworth Villa will be in the frame, Badshot lea despite there budget will not be title contenders IMO, Bedfont Sports will be a hard team to beat, in Jordan Vidal they have one of the best players in the league, if they can add some quality up top they will do very well.

the other difference though Ellers is that AFC had players who thought they knew this league inside out it was only when they brought in players from a higher level on big bucks that they actually won the league is there that many players on the island for them to be able to do this or will they have to widen the net,I can remember having this exact conversation with the then new manager of Banstead when he told everyone he was gonna win this league or be very close well where is he now and where are his players i'll tell you all gone west just like his predictions.

Guernsey have higher class Players already,fitness levels not matched by any other C.C.L. sides.The key will be injuries to key players,over a longer Season.

Crap!

They are top drawer.

You might be right Ellers but its not easy I hope they are ready for 40 odd cup finals cos thats what they are gonna get ask AFC Wimbledon even with thier resources they didn't win it at the 1st time of asking,Reading came into this league having smashed everyone in thier way where did they get, even Fleet Town finished bottom when they came in,teams like Baggy lea and Camberley with thier budgets haven't even got close so don't be surprised if they get nowhere it might all be about establishing themeselves first.What happens if the lad up front gets injured or has a bad time in front of goal or maybe goes to a higher club if he is that good.

Ross Allen hasn't scored much lately and we are still stuffing sides 7-0, we are not a one man team nuff said !

Edited by Guernsey Donkey

They are top drawer.

Ross Allen hasn't scored much lately and we are still stuffing sides 7-0, we are not a one man team nuff said !

Donks just to let you know I can't wait till next season and see your team especially at home and away....it will be on quite a few occasions..............exciting stuff ! Be interesting to see how Guernsey fare against CCL Premier clubs, but I believe they will be in the top 3.

Maybe a Guildford forumite could confirm what I was told today ?

Guildford have acheived their ground grading for step 4 football BUT will not be promoted if they win CCL Prem this season as there appear to be lease issues at the spectrum for next season ?

I do not believe everything I am told or hear so as requested can a Guildford fan comment please.