Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results (Tuesday 3rd April and Wednesday 4th April)

You hit the woodwork enough times too!!

I have to say, it was fun listening to some of your lads outside the bar afterwards doing their sums, trying to work out how many points they needed to assure 2nd spot!

#squeakybumtime

;)

I didnt see anyone get asked to leave the dugout...I saw Mr B get told to calm down after the blatant penalty shout...

Too much overoplay at the back Craig...get the ball in the areas which hurt cos your back 4 + the keeper aint good enough to play..I dont mean that disrespectfully but you will get caught out even more in the Prem when you get there.

Full-backs are weak links..

Good luck

Here are the highlights of the big game from Wednesday night. It's the first time Wodson have beat a team from the top four of Division One... and as ref off ref has stated all of Ampthill's league defeats have come away from home on midweek games so far this season!

Bicknell - Sorry I only just read your request about the whole game and had already edited most of the game on the train on the way to work!! Next time i'll sort something out.... no need for money as thecoldend is a non-profit making organisation!!

Big game for Ampthill Town next Tuesday where if London Colney win at Cranfield at the weekend a win would seal them the title... Can Ampthill delay this for at least one game with a victory?? this is also reliant on Ampthill winning at Amersham tomorrow

Some of the banter from the Wodson lads next to me was great... the best comment went along the lines of (about one of their defenders) "he opened the football book, read about defending and thought sod the rest...this will do!"

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/1bIvDPhJris

Edited by thecoldend

Here are the highlights of the big game from Wednesday night

The Cold End - Isn't that a bit of an exaggeration

Every game is a big game in my book Rhodes......

I really admire your enthusiasm but Wodson Park v Ampthill Town was hardly Celtic v Rangers, Liverpool v Everton, Tottenham v Arsenal or Barcelona v Real Madrid

I really admire your enthusiasm but Wodson Park v Ampthill Town was hardly Celtic v Rangers, Liverpool v Everton, Tottenham v Arsenal or Barcelona v Real Madrid

And Craig Hammond, Stuart Reyynolds, Lee Scott and all your other crushes are hardly Johan Cruyff, Van Basten, Eusebio etc... Come on don't be silly Clifford

And Craig Hammond, Stuart Reyynolds, Lee Scott and all your other crushes are hardly Johan Cruyff, Van Basten, Eusebio etc... Come on don't be silly Clifford

Very valid point WB lol

Very valid point WB lol

Thankyou very much sir. 3 more points should see you guys in Prem next year. Great season. Highlight the Vase run? We're you in FA Cup?

Highlight the Vase run?

Agreed but it ended on a bit of a disappointing note at Oadby Town didn't it

Highlight the Vase run?

Highlight the Vase run?

Well I wasnt really asking you and I'm sure once achieved promotion to Prem at 1st time of asking will be the true highlight. Neither you nor I attended the Oadby game so arent in a position to comment on the nature of the defeat are we? They went into the game as huge underdogs against a team with top level ex pros a huge playing budget and a dreadful surface so I would say they probably gave a good account of themselves and the result was one that most outsiders would have expected, so, a disappointing note? No. Of course winners are always disappointed to lose any game. Interesting how you ignored my other point my dear Cliff........I really feel if you are going to persist with your wind up antics you really must improve your game old boy.

Highlight the Vase run?

Beating four sides from step 5 of the ladder in Barkingside, Basildon Utd, H&W and Lancing (away from home) before being narrowly edged out by a very decent Oadby Town side in the fourth round in front of 400+ people.... On the day I think Ampthill would of been gutted at going out but looking back I don't think they'll be at all disapointed at their run..... they done the SSMFL proud.

Highlight the Vase run?

Beating four sides from step 5 of the ladder in Barkingside, Basildon Utd, H&W and Lancing (away from home) before being narrowly edged out by a very decent Oadby Town side in the fourth round in front of 400+ people.... On the day I think Ampthill would of been gutted at going out but looking back I don't think they'll be at all disapointed at their run..... they done the SSMFL proud.

Highlight the Vase run?

Boom!

Beating four sides from step 5 of the ladder in Barkingside, Basildon Utd, H&W and Lancing (away from home) before being narrowly edged out by a very decent Oadby Town side in the fourth round in front of 400+ people....

The Cold End - I don't disagree with that and, as you rightly say, Ampthill Town did the SSML proud in the FA Vase however they were in the right place at the right time when playing a Basildon United side in turmoil and quite lucky with the Lancing draw which could have been a lot tougher

Beating four sides from step 5 of the ladder in Barkingside, Basildon Utd, H&W and Lancing (away from home) before being narrowly edged out by a very decent Oadby Town side in the fourth round in front of 400+ people....

The Cold End - I don't disagree with that and, as you rightly say, Ampthill Town did the SSML proud in the FA Vase however they were in the right place at the right time when playing a Basildon United side in turmoil and quite lucky with the Lancing draw which could have been a lot tougher

Please back up your statements with facts as I'm not sure I believe you know anything about the clubs you mention. How many times have you watched Basildon and Lancing what do you know (not what can you try and google quickly) about players, staff etc? Because I confess my ignorance in these matters but both these sides are ranked higher are they not? Without seeing them play I wouldnt dare make statements as you have. Perhaps though you are well aquainted with these sides. I look forward to an informed response Rhodeo

Edited by Winslow Boy

Fishing rods out to play....bite bite bite haha

Fishing rods out to play....bite bite bite haha

Hahahaha got the waders on today too