Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Hornchurch 3, MARGATE 0

Wellsie

Alan,we pay our way.

Now crawl back into that little hovel you call St. Peters or you will get some medicine you deserve but you really don't want.You pathetic piece of sh1t

Thats a nice way to talk about our revered Vice-President and forum Leader.

Now get back in your 18 seater Mr Gatwick Express. ;)

Edited by Joseba

Whilst hoping CK continues as manager for the sake of continuity, I will refer you to comments I made previously that in his previous reign he had the added bonus of money to spend which helped his style of play. Not so easy now

i concur and agree with CK that it takes time to mould a side-and trust him to do so accordingly.

I'm already settling for mid table again next year (which will be progress as i reckon we will now finish about 16th this season ).

That given-CK has been slow off the mark this season to do anything significant about midfield-the fact that our midfield is totally inadequate was obvious from about september !!

Equally-i can't see the point of signing players like small and murphy-who are obviously not good enough for this level-as proven by their lack of 'progress' elsewhere -so why sign them in the first instance?

Interseting comment about Wade Small and Tomy Murphy. Small - jury still out but he's been out of the game for a while so he needs match fitness, new to the team and hasn't had the support that he needs to perform at his best. I've not seen enough of him to form a longer term opinion yet, but he does seem to potentially have more skill on the ball than most at this level. I'd hope that Tommy Murphy is here for the long haul unless something untoward comes up - a better offer for example. He was the one attacking bright spot on Tuesday and has real talent. Don't forget - good fortune aside - Kwesi had gone from club to club and was released by relegated (and reprieved) Thurrock last season, and this team helped him look good enough for Palace to take a punt.

Alan,we pay our way.

Now crawl back into that little hovel you call St. Peters or you will get some medicine you deserve but you really don't want.You pathetic piece of sh1t

Thats a nice way to talk about our revered Vice-President and forum Leader.

Now get back in your 18 seater Mr Gatwick Express. ;)

Was talking to Alan of Grenfell Avenue,Romford aka missunderstood who writes to the local papers and his friends at the council begging them to up hornchurch's rent and make them pay back what was owed under the previous regime,even though they actually already do this.

Says it all about the bitter,twisted individual

i concur and agree with CK that it takes time to mould a side-and trust him to do so accordingly.

I'm already settling for mid table again next year (which will be progress as i reckon we will now finish about 16th this season ).

Michael, in other threads & posts you believe we will be going for gold next season or at least the play offs. Next year you strongly thought that we would be going for promotion. You've changed your mind now I see. What changed your mind?

Few quotes from the Hornchurch manager in their local paper today: "It was quite a hard game. We dominated large periods but not the whole game. Margate are a decent side. But we worked hard on Saturday on a terrible pitch at Horsham and played a nice bit of football and we worked hard again. There's no secret."

i concur and agree with CK that it takes time to mould a side-and trust him to do so accordingly. I'm already settling for mid table again next year (which will be progress as i reckon we will now finish about 16th this season ).
Michael, in other threads & posts you believe we will be going for gold next season or at least the play offs. Next year you strongly thought that we would be going for promotion. You've changed your mind now I see. What changed your mind?

You are right-and i have.

Frankly- i think the ground issue is taking up too much 'headspace'/energy.

Until that is put to bed/commenced-everyone will be pre-occupied with it-directors/fans/manager/players.

It does affect everyone and steals both money and energy. Does'nt need to be finished-but 'progress/build needs to start.

Until then-i'm happy to settle for another season of mid-table mediocrity (and as i have proved to myself-nothing wrong with being mediocre-at least in the short term.

Simply-a clear path ahead needs to be seen by everyone-and it just is not there yet.

Equally and connected- i hope i am wrong-but anticipate financial resources available to CK being very constrained next season.

Another season of patience i think-just hope we can get a bit more cup excitement.

With limited resources-CK and JL will not be able to grow a team from probably a 16th position this season to top 5 next.

The one selling point CK would have had in a difficult recruitment process given resources/location etc would have been-come and play at our sexy new groundhe certainly won't be able to offer that over the summer recruitment process so makes it harder for him to get real quality at the right wages.

As i post elsewhere-the squad has not imo 'grown much in the last 9 months-so not alot of progess (not a criticism-just fact ) and agree with CK it takes time.

With little growth this year-you will not get a massive spurt next year;so yep-my aspirations /expectations on hold for 12 months-and i come back to seeing financial survival as being the number one goal for next season.

When we are ready and completely focused-lets go for it big time-boxxocxs to the play-off lottery (more trouble than they are worth umless you win them anyway)-lets win the league outrighht-but thats 2013/14 now

Edited by michael