Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Remaining fixtures!

And how would you know what we pay our young and experienced players? We don't, only the management and players know that! As for NBH, who knows, but he has played for Bateman at numerous clubs so I don't believe he signed for us over you because of money, if that rumour is true!

Thing that makes laugh is that Warrington, Sweeney, NBH, Murphy, Sinclair, Coyne, Logie, Herron, Bateman, Burnell, Sonner and Anderson are all under 27 I think, (Sweeney and Sinclair may be 28, the rest are all 26 and under!) our over 30's are Woozley, Brown, Perkins, Burgess, Swift and Abbey! Good mix of youth and experience there!

I don't know what your club pays its players, I also don't know what my club pays its players.

And you don't know either.

So why does everyone always go on about st Neots and the big budget they have. It never stops.

As you say only the management and the players know.

We have to live with that tag be it either true or false, but it is a crime for us to suggest that other clubs have big budgets.

I think though not sure that nbh played for our manager at hemel Hempstead.

I really do believe that Moore was a one off paid for by the chairman anyway that's what I heard.

And I doubt if he gets the sort of money that has been branded about. As we just don't know.

I'm also not suggesting that slough do not have good low paid young players but I bet the over 30s don't come cheap.

Maybe our manager should be given some credit on the signings he has made and the success he has brought to the club.

But there again I doubt if that will ever happen outside st Neots.

I don't know what your club pays its players, I also don't know what my club pays its players.

So why does everyone always go on about st Neots and the big budget they have. It never stops.

We have to live with that tag be it either true or false, but it is a crime for us to suggest that other clubs have big budgets.

I really do believe that Moore was a one off paid for by the chairman anyway that's what I heard.

And I doubt if he gets the sort of money that has been branded about. As we just don't know.

I'm also not suggesting that slough do not have good low paid young players but I bet the over 30s don't come cheap.

Maybe our manager should be given some credit on the signings he has made and the success he has brought to the club.

And how would you know what we pay our young and experienced players? We don't, only the management and players know that! As for NBH, who knows, but he has played for Bateman at numerous clubs so I don't believe he signed for us over you because of money, if that rumour is true!

Thing that makes laugh is that Warrington, Sweeney, NBH, Murphy, Sinclair, Coyne, Logie, Herron, Bateman, Burnell, Sonner and Anderson are all under 27 I think, (Sweeney and Sinclair may be 28, the rest are all 26 and under!) our over 30's are Woozley, Brown, Perkins, Burgess, Swift and Abbey! Good mix of youth and experience there!

.....But what's the average age of our squad,Cookham Rebel? Look what one addition of a younger player with pace has done in our team,firstly with Charlie Mpi and now with Jerome Anderson.They make us look a better team and the tempo of our play improves.

Just think what our team could be like with two other promising youngsters in our side.One as a right back and one in central midfield [that's not to say I would get rid of Simon Sweeney,as he's an ace player].

Our current play is often too laboured/slow against teams like Chalfont and Bedworth.This is where we could improve on the current squad we have.

It's no-coincidence that we played a faster game in the 2nd half and started putting pressure on Chalfont,when Jerome came on.Before his introduction and Dave Woozley's intelligent leadership,we were pedestrian like.

Edited by 3spirit

Probably 26-27! I don't think it really matters to be honest, finding youngsters good enough is like finding rocking horse sh*t because they are all snapped up by bigger clubs before we get a chance!

We have not been in a position for the last 3 seasons to blood kids, if Bateman had we would have only been blaming him for picking them if they weren't up to it! The man cannot win!

Probably 26-27! I don't think it really matters to be honest, finding youngsters good enough is like finding rocking horse sh*t because they are all snapped up by bigger clubs before we get a chance!

We have not been in a position for the last 3 seasons to blood kids, if Bateman had we would have only been blaming him for picking them if they weren't up to it! The man cannot win!

Steve Bateman's had the odd youngster or two but chooses not to go down that route ie Kyle Jeffery,Tony Mendy,Sam Bateman.I understand that he prefers experienced players which I'm not knocking but what's wrong with having two or three younger players in the squad for development purposes,there are plenty of games when they could be used and as a team we would benefit from them,when needed.

Talking to one of the Chalfont fans yesterday,they are really pleased with Kyle Jeffrey's progress.There's a player that was homegrown who could have learn't a great deal off of players like Simon Sweeney,yet we chose to get rid of him.

I don't see the logic in that.That's not good management in my eyes.

Steve Bateman's had the odd youngster or two but chooses not to go down that route ie Kyle Jeffery,Tony Mendy,Sam Bateman.I understand that he prefers experienced players which I'm not knocking but what's wrong with having two or three younger players in the squad for development purposes,there are plenty of games when they could be used and as a team we would benefit from them,when needed.

Talking to one of the Chalfont fans yesterday,they are really pleased with Kyle Jeffrey's progress.There's a player that was homegrown who could have learn't a great deal off of players like Simon Sweeney,yet we chose to get rid of him.

I don't see the logic in that.That's not good management in my eyes.

You are making assumptions 3spirit, Bateman did not get rid of any youngsters!

I don't think it's as difficult as 'finding rocking horse sh#t' CR.

A couple of teams spring to mind who have some good young players.

Ashford Town (middx), notably their young midfielder Ashley Lodge who looked a very good player when he played against us.

Chalfont St Peter's Tyrrell Lewis who also looked a very useful player.

Both of these teams pay hardly any money at all.

I think, given a choice, play or be on the bench for a lot of games, most young players will choose the 'play' option.

It's not that hard to bring in good young players our manager has just brought in an 18yr old from Leighton Town.

When we played them a couple of weeks ago he tore us apart. We had to take our full back off at half time.

Came on second half against Uxbridge and looked great.

It's not that hard to bring in good young players our manager has just brought in an 18yr old from Leighton Town.

When we played them a couple of weeks ago he tore us apart. We had to take our full back off at half time.

Came on second half against Uxbridge and looked great.

Hopefully we get to see him play again if he gets over the tackle above the knee he was on the end of during the Uxbridge game.

I would still rather try and source and develop local players but that takes time.

I think you'll find Tony Mendy chose to leave of his own accord, not because anyone chose to get rid of him.

I think you'll find Tony Mendy chose to leave of his own accord, not because anyone chose to get rid of him.

Unfortunately Tony Mendy is his own worst enemy.

He could well go down as one of the long list of players who just waste the talent they were born with.