Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

North Greenford Utd.

Ian

If you were at St Newts last Saturday you only have to look around to understand why they were justifiably labelled as favourites to win our division. They have players who have operated at the highest levels and their infrastructure is superb. Yes, I know infrastructure doesn't win you matches but it generates a bucket load of revenue which pays for players that do win matches!

Yes we also have a decent squad which has been together very well by astute chairmanship and a manager who has persuaded good players to join us despite all the challenges we have, i.e. no home, playing on a cabbage patch and minimal revenue. We're still second (by a mile) so to refer to us a top ten side, as also-rans and suggesting we don't want promotion is a bit silly in my opinion.

It was a one-off game where the opposition deployed effective tactics against us and we couldn't counter it.......exactly what happened on Saturday except we were the victors. It's one game, get over it and look forward to Saturday.

Come on you Rebels!

Complete sense from the above poster. I'm sure it will be all to play for right down to the wire. One horse races are boring! lol

One horse races are only boring if you're not that horse!

Edited by Ian

Just saying Ian, great bit of sense there particularly in your last sentence. Sometimes it's easy to let the heart rule the head on such matters. With the race for title being so close, it's now each game at time. And to be fair, it's been this way probably for the last 4-5 games. What I will say is I think both teams and fans would grace the league above. I for your fans that the new ground gets completed in record time, this way I can see both teams being well supported in the future.