Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

North Greenford Utd.

Ian

I think we got it all wrong last night, but we are still second as WR says, and I'm sure lessons will be learned.

We do however need to be looking to the end of the season, be it the play offs, or a horrendously tense final few games to win the league. If a player is not going to be available for the end of the season, they should have to be playing extremely well in order to be starting for us, or should take second place to those who may well be playing then.

Alright we were poor but we have been more than consistent this season and there is still a lot of football to be played before the destination of the league title is known!

I do think that Sinclair, Perkins, Bateman, Swift, Herron, Anderson and Abbey should have all started last night but that is hindsight now, it didn't happen, we lost but it isn't over!

We can still win this league title!

COME ON YOU REBELS!

Tactical ineptitude? I dont think so. We are still second in the league behind the pre-season favourites and having a great

season. Enjoy the ride.

How can you enjoy getting beat by such a poor side as North Greenford?

After getting the better of St Neots on their own ground,Tuesday night's result is frankly pathetic especially given the talented players we have in our squad.

Let's not kid ourselves that we were convincing winners over St Neots because we were not.Some of our football of late is nowhere near as good as it was earlier in the season.

Yes,we've had a good season so far but our aim is to be promoted.I want us to be champions not another play off side but championship winning sides have to be consistent. Slough are far from that.

This year,the teams in this division are of no better quality than the previous three seasons, but our squad is a better balanced one ,with plenty of attack minded alternatives and depth, than in previous times and yet we fail to light the touch paper with some of our displays.

Tuesday's match was one of those frustrating performances,which no Slough spectator could possibly enjoy.

Our players self imploded and went down with a whimper.That's not what we expect of them and nor should we accept such a dire display,which is all the more gauling,when you know they always play better against the higher placed teams.

Come on now, time to move on!

It was only our 5th league defeat of the season, the way some people are talking you'd think we were in a relegation battle!

This title race isn't over and we all need to stick together, and urge the team on! The players will know Tuesday wasn't good enough and I fully expect them to rectify that on Saturday!

Having read all of the St Neots post match comments from supporters on their forum i found just the 1 negative response to the teams performance and team in general.

I think maybe it was that 1 response that made their Chairman give that pep talk message to their supporters.

However you read and interpreted his statement it had the desired effect on his club. 100% positive. from players and supporters.

Have you also noticed he has got 100% of the forum users to use their real names when posting on the clubs forum.

Mind Games, Motivation who knows why he does all this, but it seems to work.

Yet many of the Slough supporters have been very negative after the defeat to Greenford.

Of course i suppose it was just not on the cards that result but even so it needed a rallying call very early after the game to be 100% positive. Players read the forum and need motivation all of the time win or loose.

Lastly and unfortunitly i think slough will have to get ready for a play off place as i doubt if St Neots will let this go now, they have been given a very early opportunity to get the defeat by slough out of their system and the win over a very in form Rugby side just demonstrated that.

Looks like giving him stick just might have been the wrong thing to do. looks like he might have got upset he says open cheque book for the manager to get them across the line. Good business call i think.

The message is be positive all the time however much it hurts, it might just work.

The title has always been St Newts to lose, we just made it interesting. The chairman's response of throwing money at the defeat was predictable and a nice position to be in. The resources St Newts have are vast compared to Slough so I reiterate my previous comments that we've done brilliantly to even challenge for this long.

I still however have huge faith in our squad and even if a playoff campaign looms expect us to be successful.

The reason why we ALL put our real name on our forum profile is a very simple one,Supporters from other clubs would come on to our forum and comment just to stir things up.I understand that family members of players that was sitting on the bench or had now left the club would hide behind their username and say why we should be playing "little Johny" (not there real name).Its not constructive to building a football club.

The truth of the matter is,it doesn't make any difference to the real fans as we all knew each others username anyway.

Plus if you have a issue with team / Club /Chairman / formation ,in fact anything St Neots town related both Mike and Dennis are always available to talk to at every game.You might not always get the answer you wanted,but an answer never then less.

It has only been a positive thing.In fact its pulled supporters/Club closer together.

Tactical ineptitude? I dont think so. We are still second in the league behind the pre-season favourites and having a great

season. Enjoy the ride.

After getting the better of St Neots on their own ground,Tuesday night's result is frankly pathetic especially given the talented players we have in our squad.

Let's not kid ourselves that we were convincing winners over St Neots because we were not.Some of our football of late is nowhere near as good as it was earlier in the season.

Yes,we've had a good season so far but our aim is to be promoted.I want us to be champions not another play off side but championship winning sides have to be consistent. Slough are far from that.

This year,the teams in this division are of no better quality than the previous three seasons, but our squad is a better balanced one ,with plenty of attack minded alternatives and depth, than in previous times and yet we fail to light the touch paper with some of our displays.

Tuesday's match was one of those frustrating performances,which no Slough spectator could possibly enjoy.

Our players self imploded and went down with a whimper.That's not what we expect of them and nor should we accept such a dire display,which is all the more gauling,when you know they always play better against the higher placed teams.

You are over-reacting, get over it and move on. The important thing is not promotion, its the new ground.

Edited by Windsor Rebel

The reason why we ALL put our real name on our forum profile is a very simple one,Supporters from other clubs would come on to our forum and comment just to stir things up.I understand that family members of players that was sitting on the bench or had now left the club would hide behind their username and say why we should be playing "little Johny" (not there real name).Its not constructive to building a football club.

The truth of the matter is,it doesn't make any difference to the real fans as we all knew each others username anyway.

Plus if you have a issue with team / Club /Chairman / formation ,in fact anything St Neots town related both Mike and Dennis are always available to talk to at every game.You might not always get the answer you wanted,but an answer never then less.

It has only been a positive thing.In fact its pulled supporters/Club closer together.

I must ask the question, how do you know it is their real name?

season. Enjoy the ride.

You are over-reacting, get over it and move on. The important thing is not promotion, its the new ground.

I agree the new ground is more important but really that's a separate issue,Windsor Rebel.It is not losing that bothers me,it's the way we lost and the timing of it.

Yes,we can all look through the rose-tinted glasses and say we're going to make the play-offs,but that doesn't mean we will be successful in them.Though,of course,I want to win them,too,if we have to be in them..

Whatever you say,we should have played better than we did against North Greenford,and got it wrong tactically and with players losing their heads and discipline.

You can't blame Steve Bateman for this crap performance because he wasn't there and I'm sure he wouldn't have been best pleased about the result either,especially coming off the back of the St Neots win.

I just expected better,that's all.

I don't see St Neots as this great,fantastic team that others seem to or do I recognise them as pre-season favourites.If anything,I thought we should be the favourites,being that we have been play off contenders two years running and been used to this division longer.

To me,seeing St Neots as favourites is belittling to the squad we have assembled and to our Chairman and manager's efforts .

If we really want to be positive,Slough should be looking to be winners not also-rans.

If we only want to be a top ten side,why spend out on the players we already have.We would have been better served to have saved a few bob and invested in cheaper,younger alternatives and forgotten about these pipe dream promotion efforts.I would still watch the team regardless and I dare say you would.

You can't have it both ways,you either want to be promoted or you don't. I know it's not the end of the world,if we don't go up but to me it will be mightily disappointing not to, because I think this is the best chance we've had in ages to get promoted.

Just maybe this loss will be the kick up the backside we need to re-focus on the efforts, we make, till the the end of the season.Let's hope so.

If you were at St Newts last Saturday you only have to look around to understand why they were justifiably labelled as favourites to win our division. They have players who have operated at the highest levels and their infrastructure is superb. Yes, I know infrastructure doesn't win you matches but it generates a bucket load of revenue which pays for players that do win matches!

Yes we also have a decent squad which has been together very well by astute chairmanship and a manager who has persuaded good players to join us despite all the challenges we have, i.e. no home, playing on a cabbage patch and minimal revenue. We're still second (by a mile) so to refer to us a top ten side, as also-rans and suggesting we don't want promotion is a bit silly in my opinion.

It was a one-off game where the opposition deployed effective tactics against us and we couldn't counter it.......exactly what happened on Saturday except we were the victors. It's one game, get over it and look forward to Saturday.

Come on you Rebels!

If you were at St Newts last Saturday you only have to look around to understand why they were justifiably labelled as favourites to win our division. They have players who have operated at the highest levels and their infrastructure is superb. Yes, I know infrastructure doesn't win you matches but it generates a bucket load of revenue which pays for players that do win matches!

Yes we also have a decent squad which has been together very well by astute chairmanship and a manager who has persuaded good players to join us despite all the challenges we have, i.e. no home, playing on a cabbage patch and minimal revenue. We're still second (by a mile) so to refer to us a top ten side, as also-rans and suggesting we don't want promotion is a bit silly in my opinion.

It was a one-off game where the opposition deployed effective tactics against us and we couldn't counter it.......exactly what happened on Saturday except we were the victors. It's one game, get over it and look forward to Saturday.

Come on you Rebels!

Fair points,Ian. Of course, we have to move on from the North Greenford debacle.We have little choice.Even Man United lose games against lesser opposition,I know that,but I still think my postings on this thread are valid.

You have to admit that something isn't quite right about would-be top five teams,when they put in such wonderous efforts against the better teams and yet let slip against naff sides and we seem to do it a lot.

Obviously,teams aren't just going to roll over and let you win and fair play to North Greenford for sticking at their game plan and totally disrupting our football strategy but I still feel that given better direction from the bench and if the players hadn't got involved with NG's negative play,we could have wiped the floor with them.We are a decent footballing side and 2nd on merit.

At the end of the season,it will be these poor losses and draws,which will leave a sour taste in the mouth,if we fail to get promoted.

On St Neots,yes I was at the match and I concur they do have everything we dream of, in way of stadium,pitch,bar,infrastructure etc but I do not agree they have a better team or manager, or chairman come to that.

The best team I've seen in this league so far is Bedworth.They annihilated us first half with their footballing prowess and we were very fortunate when their handful of a striker,Ashley Robinson,was dismissed,which gave us an advantage in the 2nd half.

Typical,it appears Ashley Robinson is suspended for the upcoming St Neots game. I'll bet he'll be around for us[our away game]!.

Bedworth do not have the 'superstars' like we and St Neots have .Steve Farmer[manager at Bedworth] has built a side from scratch and only been the manager this season.They are a team I admire.

Slough for all their huff and puff and endeavours can't keep making excuses,given the players we have.We should let our football prowess do the talking.We didn't against Neil Shipperley's North Greenford.

Come on you Rebels!

Complete sense from the above poster. I'm sure it will be all to play for right down to the wire. One horse races are boring! lol