Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v St Neots

Mr Sycophant, please remove your blinkers and read what Kearns wrote. His explanation is even more deluded than the original comment.

Every Rebel who travelled on Saturday received tremendous hospitality and met a great bunch of supporters. To then have your Chairman throw his toys out of the pram so publicly and dismiss not only Slough Town but pretty much all players/clubs in this league as 'less ability', who play 'kick and run type football' and 'lump it forward' is extremely disrespectful and his comments deserve the scrutiny they are receiving.

I have a very high opinion of St Neots FC, their supporters, and the staff who were very welcoming on Saturday. Hell, even my opinion of Dennis Greene has improved. But from having absolutely no thoughts about Mike Kearns before the match, his sour intervention post-match have left a very negative impression on me and quite evidently many more of us too.

Just watched the video posted earlier in the thread. Wow.

How can they say that St Neots had 950 there? There was easily 200 Slough fans spread around the ground as well as quite a few ground-hoppers.

As for the chairman in this interview, how about he let Dennis talk instead of putting words in his mouth? Fair play to Dennis, he has a fair opinion of the game and said that we were very professional in our approach to the game, but the Chairman seems to think that St Neots have some given right to be the best team in the league and no one should dare to beat them. Every other team in this league will sit back and defend a lead.

As for our celebrations at the end, how can he suggest that we shouldn't do that? The wage budget gap between the clubs is massive and yet we are keeping pace with them in the league, so to beat them at their place is massive for us, considering the problems we have had over recent years. Many clubs have celebrated like that when they have beaten us, but I think we actually deserved it given the efforts of our team and supporters on Saturday.

There is a fine line between passion and insulting every other team in the league. As for the open chequebook...just another example of St Neots chairman showing off and trying to insult every other team in the league just because they have more money than sense.

Do you think that comments, flippant or otherwise, about charging Slough fans to watch the highlights are acceptable for a chairman to be making?

Let him charge! We have an excellent highlights package of our own. Might not be as glossy as their overall production, but certainly always up and online, win, lose or draw! Well done to Nathan for his sterling work on this throughout the season providing an excellent service to the Rebels who can't make the matches.

The video is quite funny as well as insulting. If it was made as a satire of rolling news coverage then it is a work of genius.

They talk about it being a massive game and then criticise us for celebrating the win. I am the first to criticise for wild over celebration (just ask Aylesbury) but you have to look at it in context and it was a very important game and I think the reaction was justified.

DG actually kept trying to say nice things about us but that wasn't what the chairman wanted to hear.

I loved the bit about winning the next two games so he can have a nice holiday and then winning the next three so that he can come back happy. No pressure DG!

What they seem to be missing is the fact that we have been in promotion contention three times now and in the previous two seasons we have learnt lessons. SB said he intended to make changes for this season and by putting together Browney, NBH and the Wooze he has built a solid platform. They were immense on Saturday and I felt for all their possession they often had to resort to long range potshots. Whilst they have some very good players I am not sure they always made the right decisions for the team. Some of the shots were wildly speculative and then you have their 8 dropping back to the edge of their own penalty area to collect the ball from the keeper and try to win the game from there.

I am sure there are many more twists and turns to come but I hope we can use this as a spring board for the rest of the season.

COYR

Guys ! Firstly,Yes slough did have about 200 supporters there.Secondly you have no Idea what our wage bill is per month and the fact that an earlier post stated Stefan Moore was getting over £1000 per game is ridiculous to say the very least.I guess our wage bill is similar to yours, it could well be more !.Did you not see the 3G astro pitch next to the ground ? That pitch is FULL all winter of paying 5-a-side teams and youth teams every night,The club house is rented out for birthday party's ,weddings ,Comedy Nights ,Live bands play there!,Hull City ,Peterborough Utd,Cambridge Utd use our facility's,as do dance schools ,the local council and the list goes on and on!I haven't even started talking about the income from League football money/Beer /Food .Pre season Friendlies against MK Dons,Peterborough so on! What would you like the chairman to do with that money? Put it in his Pocket? Or invest in the football.

Soon ( we hope) you will have a New Singing and dancing (no pun)Ground,Have you will find new ways of bringing in money to your club away from football.And i hope your Chairman Invests every penny into the Players ,After all its a FOOTBALL CLUB!

I have just gone though a few earlier threads of a few past games of yours! have a good look at some of the comments about other teams defensive play posted by you guys ,we all do it !

Slough Town have the BEST supporters to have visited our ground ,And you was made to feel very welcome !

Also im sure non of you guys have ever posted,said or does something that could have been done differently !

Looking at it from a St Neots supporters perspective.

Privately, I'm sure a lot of their supporters were cringing and embarassed at some of the things Mike Kearns said in his statement but to then come out and openly critisise the man who holds the purse strings is a different matter.

As WR said, time to move on

In response to Martin, just a couple of things.. what makes the context of Aylesburys celebration different to yours..surely for them it was a very important game in their quest for points to stay up?. The other thing about our number 8 dropping back to recieve the ball from the keeper, thats how we have played most of our football this season, its what he does and so far its won us a lot of games!

As we know football is full of differing opinions with us all thinking we are right..

readingrebel is correct that most fans at ALL football clubs will not come out publicly start slating thier own.

I think 1059 people had a great day on Saturday and despite losing most Saints shared a couple of beers with you boys and long may it continue.

Hope you get a point at Greenford tonight ^_^ we have a tough one away at Rugby.

True Aylesbury needed the points and I understand their celebrations to an extent but they celebrated in front of the away support and had a handful of their own fans in the ground which is a bit different from Saturday and realistically looking at the table Marlow are gone and normally one team gets a repreieve. Also the game wasn't pivotal. Ours was arguably a six pointer to use the footballing cliche. Due to your game in hand and superior goal difference it was really a must win for us.

8 is an excellent player, but not a one man team. I have to say we were relieved to see him picking the ball up there rather than in the final third where he could really hurt us. I am sure it has worked this season but I thought it was a strange tactic with the clock running down and with Adam Logie doing an excellent man to man marking job on him. But I suppose that is all down to your footballing principles.

The set up at St Neots was fantastic and all of your supporters who I spoke to were great. I came away hoping that obviously we would go on to win the league and that you would also come up through the play-offs and nothing your chairman says will change that view.

"Our whole squad are first class and "Real" footballers, the quality of football they serve up is probably the best in non-league and we should all thank Dennis for making that happen."

Is he seriously saying that they play better football than Conference teams? :lol:

Edited by Stanley

• 2 weeks later...

Quite unbelievable drivel from the St Neots Chairman

http://www.stneotsfc...rticle1349.html

I sincerely hope that this is pinned up in the dressing room for the remainder of the season, so that our players with 'less ability' stay motivated and keep those 'real footballers' off the top spot.

Not just our dressing room, every dressing room in the league. How much more cocky and deluded can you be?

Have printed and will give out to the lads to read on the way up for our visit :D

Did you forget to hand it out to the lads on the way up today Green Pea. Didn't seem to work for you if you did. :D

The police and the st neots chairman are on the lookout to were 500 st neots fans have disappeared :lol:

At least we get them have you even reached 300 yet, best team in the league as we are top, most entertaining 103 goals, and best supported, with the best stadium.

And yes the best chairman and manager, they care about us supporters and keep us informed ALL of the time. What do yours do for you, have they ever openly spoke to any of you, don't think so.

The police and the st neots chairman are on the lookout to were 500 st neots fans have disappeared :lol:

At least we get them have you even reached 300 yet, best team in the league as we are top, most entertaining 103 goals, and best supported, with the best stadium.

And yes the best chairman and manager, they care about us supporters and keep us informed ALL of the time. What do yours do for you, have they ever openly spoke to any of you, don't think so.

Maybe you should come down to one of our games and ask him yourself? The chairman attends most games and stands alongside us supporters. You'll find him very approachable.

Please do not insinuate that our manager and chairman do not care about the club after all that they have done for it, especially after what we've been through the last 6 years.

If you had any clue about our club you'd know what a ridiculous load of rubbish you've just posted.

im all for St Neots fans or any other teams fans coming on here and airing their views but your really talking total rubbish slagging off our manager and especially our chairman. Steve Easterbrook couldnt do more for the club and had he not taken control of the club we wouldnt even be at this level let alone challenging with a team that has superb foundations to be a big club for the title. just beacause we dont have an online tv show of our chairman and manager doesnt mean they refuse to talk to the fans.

Wow, now who is being blinkered towards their own team?

I see the chairman before every game when he buys golden goal tickets off me, and as Nathan says he stands with the fans down the side of the pitch during every game he attends and is a very approachable man. From what I understand several people on this board speak to the manager when he is in the bar after the game.

Once St Neots have been homeless for nearly 10 years and suffered from money problems like we had a few years ago with double relegation, then feel free to come back and complain about our support.

He may be very open with the fans, but how many other chairmen go on their own interview video and offer the manager an open chequebook just because they lost one game to the team in second? That is just big headed and almost offensive to teams at this level. Very few teams below the Premier League can make offers like that...and we have all seen what happens when it stops working.

St Neots the best supported team I think not.

They may have the biggest home gates but harldy any of them go to away games.

From our 17 away games, 13 of them have given our opposition their biggest home attendance. FACT !!!

The 4 which weren't were Biggleswade, Daventry, Barton and Leighton.

From them Daventry attendance vs us was 243 their biggest gate 252