Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v St Neots

It seems the St Newts Chairman has back pedalled a little as even some of their own fans are questioning the statement that was made. The Chairman has posted this on their forum.....

As with our defeat against Kings Lynn last season it was a responsive "Pep" talk to our players, staff and supporters. This is the way i communicate with OUR SUPPORTERS maybe other clubs do not have that sort of communication with their Chairman so interpret things differently. It was NOT a slant on Slough Town or any other club.

If i have caused offence in the way my statement was interpreted then i apologise. I have no interest in how other clubs play their football or run their business, But i do care about St Neots Town FC and the way we play OUR football, run OUR Business and communicate with OUR supporters.

He's clearly a reasonably intelligent guy to have got to the position he has (without actually knowing what he does but I'm sure he's not just a lottery winner who's just ploughed loads of money in and he's actually a very successful guy) but if he cannot see how his original statement could be interpreted in a detrimental way then I'm surprised. Even some of their supporters have interpreted it the same.

Anyway, the damage is done and his comments (barbed or otherwise) don't detract from the humility shown by the St Newts supporters.

I think that Bedfont Town will have a big say in who wins the league and whilst we will try to win both our games against St Neots and SLough

I know which one I want the most after the comments from the St Neots chairman, they wernt very gracious after we beat them one nil at the Orchard and I got the impression from their dugout that with the money they shell out they should just turn up and win, well now we have no budget at all I can tell you that no amount of money can buy passion and commitment. I really hope we turn them over in a couple of weeks time

and you guys come in your hundreds to the Orchard to cheer on Slough and boost our ailing coffers.

Just listening to it!! It's priceless......according to Dennis Greene the outcome would have been different had the referee not been against them and the Chairman believes they had 950 of the crowd and us celebrating is bad manners!

Hmmm, interesting section in the Rules of the Football Association

Fair play in football means that EVERYONE connected with football: c) behaves on and off the field in a sporting manner towards all others involved, be they players, officials or spectators, irrespective of results.

Care to comment on that in your next interview Mr Kearns?

Edited by BFR

Just watched the interview, were they at a different game to me on Saturday???

Always think us Slough fans are very gracious and unbiaised in assessment of our teams displays against all teams, what I've heard is pure drivel and I hope Steve Bateman makes the entire squad watch that video before the remaining 9 games of the season! Disgracefully unsporting from a man who is attempting to buy success!

The St Neots supporters are a credit to their club, those 2 men running the club clearly are not!

Edited by Cookham Rebel

As I said, they seem to take promotion as a given.

I know that on their budget it's (to an extent) justified, but they need to learn that openly displaying such arrogance will rub people up the wrong way!

And by the way, if I was the chairman, I would be asking where their supporters were during the second half, as all despite being outnumbered, all I heard was our supporters constantly urging the team on!

What an embarrassment. Who the hell do they think they are. Even if they win the league they're still not big enough to think that anyone cares about biased interviews with a soundtrack stolen from sky sports news. Let's just hope Steve uses the comments and the video to spur us on to the finish line. COME ON YOU REBELS!!!

Come on guys are you serious ? from what was a fantastic day out for both sets of supporters regardless of the result.Has now turned in to " Lets have a pop at there Chairman " I thought the ref was shocking, And so did the Slough fans i spoke to after the game,You as a club was treated with the up most respect from even before you walked though the turnstile to the second you returned home.You are judging our chairman from a post that he made after the match on our forum,And regardless how you interpreted it,it was a war cry for our club and not a dig at your or any other.Its what you would read in the Non-League paper every week.Mike is a football man though and though ,Hes basicaly a fan with passion.just like you guys !

Do you think that comments, flippant or otherwise, about charging Slough fans to watch the highlights are acceptable for a chairman to be making?

In respect of his post match rallying cry it wasn't only Slough fans that have interpreted it as a dig.....even some of your own fans did too. The chairman has let a fantastic bunch of supporters down badly in opinion.