Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v St Neots

Great day out yesterday and the team done us proud.If our new stadium is anything like St Neots,I'd be a happy man.The pitch was sublime.All the players and management deserve credit for digging out this result.As man of the match goes,I thought Dave Woozley was superb and Cookham Rebel is going to love me saying this,after I said last week that I would have dropped him!! lol!

NBH had a stormer,too and Stefan Moore was well marshalled.Also great comaraderie shown by the players and management yesterday,which is enhancing our cause.

Keep up the good work and let's stuff North Greenford on Tuesday night!

Quite unbelievable drivel from the St Neots Chairman

http://www.stneotsfc...rticle1349.html

I sincerely hope that this is pinned up in the dressing room for the remainder of the season, so that our players with 'less ability' stay motivated and keep those 'real footballers' off the top spot.

Not just our dressing room, every dressing room in the league. How much more cocky and deluded can you be?

Mr chairman you should just look at your supporters and how they reacted. They were gracious in defeat and knew that BOTH teams deserve to go up this season. Instead of being sulky you should be thanking your supporters for their great support as they are a credit to your club.

Wow, that is such a massive pile of drivel coming from their chairman.

What he needs to know is that we have played like that in this league...and we are still in this league, because you need to have a solid defence against the teams in this league who will just sit back and hit you on the break, and look where we are now! Results don't lie. We have adapted to the style of football in this league and we have taken 6 points of St Neots with it.

You are right Sr Jr, instead of moaning he should be thanking the massive numbers of supporters who turned up and even the Slough support, and being gracious in defeat, much like the St Neots supporters have been.

If they knew how we were going to play, how come they didn't change their game to suit it? That is their problem.

Oh dear oh dear Mr Chairman. It seems like the St Neots Lidl store has sold out of sour grapes!!!! What an absolute chump! It wasn't us launching it long at the end, it was them because their "real footballers" didn't have the ability to get through ours.

Two games no goals against the Rebels Mr Chairman :P

Edited by Ian

What the Chairman needs to understand is we can play when needed and go more direct when needed to, that has been shown over the last few seasons.

Not only that we've got one of the smallest forward lines in the league so humping it don't fit in with what he's saying.

AND 3 goal's for 0 against 6 points adjust to win the game.

Rant over

Edited by epicrebel

Chairman Mike could not use his money to buy the six points from Slough and how many of the "800" will be travelling to the next 3 away games they have?

Looks like another chairman with more money than sense - how many teams have we seen that throw money at the team and then it all goes badly wrong - windsor, aresley, truro.....................

Steffan Moore - £1100 a week - he saw Mike the chairman with his wallet wide open and thought he would take him for every thing the fool would give him!!!!!!

Well, in 40 yrs of football supporting I have never come across such a poor loser as the St.Nuts chairman.Does he not realise all that drivel will only serve to inspire the opposition.

Does he not realise that most of those 1060 people in attendance came to see the REBELS has he knows, Slough Town were once a mighty club in the non league world, where as St. NUTS ( WHO ?) yes exactly ( WHO? ).

We may have fallen down the leagues in recent times-though it was not due to football that we left the Conference. but they cannot take our name and past deeds from us.

So grow up mr chairman.

Great day out yesterday and the team done us proud.If our new stadium is anything like St Neots,I'd be a happy man.The pitch was sublime.All the players and management deserve credit for digging out this result.As man of the match goes,I thought Dave Woozley was superb and Cookham Rebel is going to love me saying this,after I said last week that I would have dropped him!! lol!

NBH had a stormer,too and Stefan Moore was well marshalled.Also great comaraderie shown by the players and management yesterday,which is enhancing our cause.

Keep up the good work and let's stuff North Greenford on Tuesday night!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion 3spirit, as a unit, Brown, NBH and Woozley are incredible and no way should those 3 be split up unnecessarily!

Oh and Mr St Neots chairman, good luck at Rugby on Tuesday ;-) xxx

I sincerely hope that this is pinned up in the dressing room for the remainder of the season, so that our players with 'less ability' stay motivated and keep those 'real footballers' off the top spot.

Quite unbelievable show of arrogance, poor sportsmanship and sour grapes from the St Neots Chairman.

Perhaps if other teams who have these so called players of 'less ability' had the money that he's chucking at St Neots then they might be able to recruit his so called superstar 'real footballers'.

St Neots seem to have a great set of supporters who have been very sporting in defeat unlike their Chairman who IMO has let their club down with his poor unfortunate choice of words.

Just got back from our long weekend in St Neots.

As one of the "older" Slough Town supporters I've been around league and non league football for a long time and can honestly say that that the St Neots fans are the best I have ever encountered. They are a credit to their club and to the town of St Neots.

The facilties and the pitch are fantastic and I hope that we can have something like it in the near future.

The weekend was only spoilt by the comments of the St Neots chairman who can learn a lot from his clubs supporters.

I have never seen the Rebels play with so much determination and the MOM for me was "THE WHOLE TEAM".

If Steve Bateman needs to motivate the team for any of the remaining games all he needs to do is read out the drivel from the Saints chairman.

Good luck to BOTH teams for the rest of the season and I hope we can BOTH go up.

One of the St Neots supporters (Rowan) nearly gave me a nice winner - Rowan Tiger 4th at 33/1.

Not just our dressing room, every dressing room in the league. How much more cocky and deluded can you be?

Have printed and will give out to the lads to read on the way up for our visit :D